Rogues Revenge Ch 17

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

SteveMill
x4

Rogues Revenge Ch 17

Post by SteveMill » Wed, 24. Sep 03, 13:44

Apologies for the delay, been working on the house for the last couple of weeks to get it into a fit state to fool a new woman into believing I'm a fit human being and not a slob. :wink:

Chapter 17: The Scarlet Claw

“Transmission complete Ssir,” the Teladi hissed. It may have been something in her tone, or maybe something in her alien body language, something registering subliminally and interpreted by his subconscious, programmed by years of working with members of the reptilian species, but he had the intuition that she realised what was coming next.

Something in his body language perhaps, despite a lifetime of cultivated imperturbability? The palm-sized blaster sprang from his sleeve and terminated the puzzle with a single shot. He was a kilometre away, another tourist heading for the spaceport when the charge exploded, collapsing the low-rise housing block into the smoking crater that had been the clandestine Stoertebeker communications tap into the Teladi Military Net, courtesy of Director Morn. Another atrocity in the war raging between Law and Skull the authorities would be led by the trail of evidence he planted to assume. One that severed the single channel to the distant station, deep out in the Teladi Gain system.

Continued on the Space Ritual site, below.

Adamskini
x3tc

Post by Adamskini » Wed, 24. Sep 03, 14:24

heh, Scarlet Pimpernel (sp?) strikes again :)

\o/
Aug 2000 -> March 2001 - Old Skool Egosoft Forum
March 2001 -> Nov 2002 - THQ forum
Nov 2002 -> now - Current, prettier Egosoft Forum

[anybody remember The Enforcers?!]

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Wed, 24. Sep 03, 14:38

Great read. Get over there and have a look if you haven't already.

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Wed, 24. Sep 03, 23:39

Eacellent chapter, Steve. Quite intriguing the involvement of Hagman. Taking out that Sat looks like he betrays Law but I also remember him having a 'plan'. So the whole thing could become just a huge trap for Max. Not sure what to make of the last fight though. There it looks as though they fight against Law. Well, perhaps he has got his own agenda.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

hedg70
x4

Post by hedg70 » Wed, 24. Sep 03, 23:56

i think you shoul have a dedicated post just for yourself so you can post them all as one and people who are new know what ur on about :wink:

Faze
x2

Post by Faze » Thu, 25. Sep 03, 20:41

Glad you posted that bit Steve, was getting withdrawal symptoms.

:p
No point in running.
You will just DIE tired!

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak !

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Wed, 1. Oct 03, 16:05

hedg70 wrote:i think you shoul have a dedicated post just for yourself so you can post them all as one and people who are new know what ur on about :wink:
Thanks - perhaps I'll be more informative in my alert posts. I sort of assumed new board members will have little interest in a story into it's third book. I'll continue posting it on my web site though as the format is easier on the eye.

Cheers

Steve

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Wed, 1. Oct 03, 23:52

Hey, good to see a life sign, Steve :D

so, what are you up to? ;)

Return to “Creative Universe”