Traders Tale II - Chpt 19 - complete (22/09/03)

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Adamskini
x3tc

Post by Adamskini » Tue, 16. Sep 03, 19:51

bah! stop stopping! :D

\o/
Aug 2000 -> March 2001 - Old Skool Egosoft Forum
March 2001 -> Nov 2002 - THQ forum
Nov 2002 -> now - Current, prettier Egosoft Forum

[anybody remember The Enforcers?!]

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Wed, 17. Sep 03, 10:19

Nice continuation of the battle Merc.

"I have extracted sample transmissions and I am running them through the translation matrix.”
It will be very interesting to find out what the Khaak are chatting about, I wouldn't be too surprised if they're worried about taking out the X4 sector, seeing as these three ships are causing so much trouble!

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Wed, 17. Sep 03, 20:50

Right third part added and .... well I leave you to find out :)

Part 3 under the ++++++

Merc
8)

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Wed, 17. Sep 03, 23:00

Wow! Excellent stuff! Yeah best I've seen yet! keep it coming!
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Wed, 17. Sep 03, 23:10

Excellent battle, Merc. I like the idea of obstructing Khaak communications and misleading them. Let's hope that does work a few more times, as it could give them just enough time to make a run for safety ... wherever that may be. Almost looks like they may have to go through the Xenon sector but then again, I presume there are more gates in the current sector. Let's hope the re-configured transporter is able to fix the damage on the Nova.

Looking forward to the next installment.

"Tor watched the HUD if the Khaak missile had an effect" - comma after HUD
"The Khaak fighters now determining the origin of the mysterious message closed in again." - I'd place commas behind 'fighters' and 'message'

General Morphit
x3

Post by General Morphit » Wed, 17. Sep 03, 23:50

Great part. I'm just trying to track where they are at the moment tho. Which sector did they just jump into :?

oh and "a log sweeping arc" probably should be a long sweeping arc.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Thu, 18. Sep 03, 00:18

they jumped from X4 (the one with Creed's gate) into X2, destroyed the boxes behind the gate and jump through the same gate into a Khaak sector. Then the plan was to jump to what turned out to be a Xenon sector but due to the raging battle they decided to go through the third gate of that sector into ... another sector, which we don't know anything about yet :D

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Thu, 18. Sep 03, 11:21

KiwiNZ wrote:they jumped from X4 (the one with Creed's gate) into X2, destroyed the boxes behind the gate and jump through the same gate into a Khaak sector. Then the plan was to jump to what turned out to be a Xenon sector but due to the raging battle they decided to go through the third gate of that sector into ... another sector, which we don't know anything about yet :D
Yup, that sounds about right... and at the moment they are lost...

Cheers all,

and corrections made...

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Thu, 18. Sep 03, 13:37

Great fight Merc. Think Sweety should make more confusion with dodgy Khaak orders to keep them on their toes :D

Keep it coming :)

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Adamskini
x3tc

Post by Adamskini » Thu, 18. Sep 03, 14:11

very descriptive fight scenes Merc :)

\o/

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Thu, 18. Sep 03, 19:23

More lovely fight scenes :)

I dunno about Tor but i'm definitly lost now, are the still in Khaak sectors or a Xenon sector? they any where near known space? seeing the Xenon in this sector seems to indicate they may be getting close to home but these go anywhere gates are definitly getting confusing, guess we'll find out eventualy :wink:

I do hope they destroy any of thier ships that are disabled, so the Khaak or even Xenon can't recover the Ghojo programe!

Cheers Merc, great read.

General Morphit
x3

Post by General Morphit » Thu, 18. Sep 03, 20:26

Mercenary wrote:
KiwiNZ wrote:they jumped from X4 (the one with Creed's gate) into X2, destroyed the boxes behind the gate and jump through the same gate into a Khaak sector. Then the plan was to jump to what turned out to be a Xenon sector but due to the raging battle they decided to go through the third gate of that sector into ... another sector, which we don't know anything about yet :D
Yup, that sounds about right... and at the moment they are lost...

Cheers all,

and corrections made...
Excellent.. just cleared that up for me.. saves me rereading it.. ahh what the hell. Keep it coming ;)

Quetz
x3

Post by Quetz » Thu, 18. Sep 03, 23:05

Merc, You get better by the day. Keep it up! :)

Quetz

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Mon, 22. Sep 03, 23:08

A long time in getting my act together and completing...

Final part of the chapter now after the =========

Merc
8)

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Mon, 22. Sep 03, 23:26

Very nice Merc! hope the nid is ok.
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

Adamskini
x3tc

Post by Adamskini » Mon, 22. Sep 03, 23:50

i always liked the paranid :)

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Tue, 23. Sep 03, 00:02

Cool one, Merc. Good battle and it had me stop breathing for a while ... had to read faster, started to develop a blue teint in my face due to lack of oxygen :D

Yay, sometimes these Paranids are just there when they have to. Well, if that is anything to go by ... I really do not want to get hit by those carrier weapons! Well, lets see if they manage to get through the gate and save the rest of the bunch.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

"replicator adjuster to patching" - adjusted

General Morphit
x3

Post by General Morphit » Tue, 23. Sep 03, 23:53

Very nice chapter. Shame about Pol, guess he joins creed then - not explicitly dead but more than likely to be :( Poor :paranid: s. Ahh well, lookin forward to the next part and a bit more story line ;) though X5(?) looks like it'll be a tough one.. Khaak invasion force.. A few more for Tors mounting kill board then :twisted:

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Wed, 24. Sep 03, 11:15

Cheers all.
General Morphit wrote:Very nice chapter. Shame about Pol, guess he joins creed then - not explicitly dead but more than likely to be :( Poor :paranid: s. Ahh well, lookin forward to the next part and a bit more story line ;) though X5(?) looks like it'll be a tough one.. Khaak invasion force.. A few more for Tors mounting kill board then :twisted:
I can confirm that Pol is still hanging in there albeit that he needs a little help... :wink:

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Wed, 24. Sep 03, 11:26

Mercenary wrote: I can confirm that Pol is still hanging in there albeit that he needs a little help... :wink:
now that is good to know. And now go and write more :D

Return to “Creative Universe”