[AP] PRODIGAL SON, A Rogue's Tale - Book II

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Olterin
xr

Post by Olterin » Sat, 4. Aug 18, 14:59

I expected to wait at least another month to get this chapter, what with that ominous announcement of "soon™" and all, I demand a refund! :lol:

Thanks for a cold (piece of) story, just the thing to distract from the prevalent heatwave. :) I do wonder what that candy is all about, but I'm sure we'll find out in due course
From Nothing, a DiD by Scion Drakhar
Tranquillity(indefinitely on hold)
"Do or do not, there is no try"
"My Other Overwhelming Mixed Assault Fleet is a Brigantine" -Seleucius, commenting on my ship naming scheme

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Re: [AP] PRODIGAL SON, A Rogue's Tale - Book II

Post by Scion Drakhar » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 01:50

Hey folks,

sorry to get you excited if you were hoping for the next post. I just wanted to check in and let you all know what's been happening in my life this past year. Last January I moved from one unit to another in the same building. I moved to get away from the noise and distraction of a carpenter's workshop that I wasn't aware of when I moved in for the noise and impositions of a neighbor from hell. I'll spare you all the details but, come this January, I will be moving again; this time to another state in order to be closer to friends. If the town where they live is even half as quiet as I'm assured it is you may see a marked improvement in my productivity.

So wish me luck (and a good deal of self restraint) and I should get back to you all soon.
Cheers
- SD
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

Triaxx2
x3tc

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 19. Oct 18, 10:29

Congratulations on the move.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

jimlpearce

Post by jimlpearce » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 22:36

Hi Scion

I have my fingers crossed that this move finally delivers you the peace and calm you need and deserve... but that’s not actually what I came here to post.

I came here to thank you. You see, around two years ago, with a gentle shove from my now wife, I took up the hobby of creative writing. Over the time since I have completed numerous short stories while progressively working my way through writing two novels. I don’t do this with the intention of making a living out of it, but simply for the love of it. Writing helps me to clear my mind and relax. It’d say (and my wife insists!) I’m a better person for it.

Until I read “From Nothing”, and the insight to the creative process it gave, I had no idea at all that I wanted to be a writer. It even contains the first creative writing I ever did as an adult, which came from your encouragement. So all I can say is thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your work quite literally changed my life for the better.

Thanks, and best wishes from the bottom of my heart.

Jim
"You win again gravity"

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 15:48

Jim,

I'm currently having a very bad day. The neighbor that I'm moving to get away from kicked in my door this morning (and got a punch in the eye for his trouble, I'm proud to say). But it left me with a bad taste in my mouth and a heavy heart. Your post, and the wonderful message it contained, was very much a welcome one. You know those moments when you feel validated? When who you really are is seen and acknowledged? You just gave that to me.
So thank you, my friend and, by all means, keep writing.

- SD
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

Triaxx2
x3tc

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 02:55

Sorry to hear that. Glad you're going to be moving away from that kind of person.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Return to “Creative Universe”