Nopileos - in English?!

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Rapier

Nopileos - in English?!

Post by Rapier » Mon, 8. Oct 18, 16:07

Did I miss the translation of Nopileos into English? I see from the recent announcements that an ebook in English is part of the collector's edition. Whilst I'll happily pay for a copy, forking out 75 quid for it seems a tad expensive (okay, I get a game too, but I'm not much interested in that, sad to say). Did I completely miss this being translated in the past, or is this something new; either way, does anyone know how else I can (legitimately) get a copy? Thanks.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Re: Nopileos - in English?!

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 20:09

The Nopileos translation is done exclusively for the X4 CE. It's not based on a fan translation, as it was the case with Farnham's Legend. Hence why it's currently not available anywhere else.
Besteht Interesse an einem Nopileos-Hörbuch?

Farnhams Legende und Nopileos als E-Books!

"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." - Isaac Asimov

"If it's not impossible, there must be a way to do it." - Sir Nicholas Winton

Rapier

Re: Nopileos - in English?!

Post by Rapier » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 17:05

Thanks for the into.

The fan translation of Farnham's Legend* was ultimately ditched for a more traditional translation for the published version. Whilst I prefered the linguistic translation of the fan version, the published one has a better structure (they are quite different in that respect, I recall). I've been wanting to read a translation since that time (never quite getting round to learning to read German) so I'm really keen to get hold of a copy when it's available. I guess I'll have to decide whether to pay the money up front to guarantee myself a copy, or take the risk of getting it cheaper/not at all later.

*Of which I was a part, back in the day - one of two books in which I've got an acknowledgement (bucket list tick!). ;)
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Return to “Creative Universe”