[MOD] X2: Firelance 4.0.4 [RELEASE] [16/June/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Sat, 2. Jun 12, 18:53

I'm using Win7 and I will try the compatibility option.

I am a little confused on HOW to set it to that though.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 06:10

VenomR00 wrote:I'm using Win7 and I will try the compatibility option.

I am a little confused on HOW to set it to that though.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/31 ... -mode.html

See if that article helps you. You need to run X2 as Administrator, in Windows XP (Service Pack 2) compatibility mode.

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 16:13

Now I am getting an error trying to open your link saying that your page does not exist, when three or four days ago I was able to open it. Did something happen to your website?

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sun, 3. Jun 12, 19:35

VenomR00 wrote:Now I am getting an error trying to open your link saying that your page does not exist, when three or four days ago I was able to open it. Did something happen to your website?
I am working on my webserver. It will be back shortly.

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Mon, 4. Jun 12, 03:27

Ight thanks man. Just say when I would love to use this bad boy.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Mon, 4. Jun 12, 03:33

VenomR00 wrote:Ight thanks man. Just say when I would love to use this bad boy.
It's back up.

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Mon, 4. Jun 12, 19:08

Alright thanks man. I like it so far, just one quick question.

The Derelict Ships, are they once in a game they appear or do they appear when the A.I. Attacks an opponent will some appear at random?
Question Solved Itself.

Also your M7 for the argon just repeats the M3 statement. Don't know if you meant to do that or not but they state that.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Tue, 5. Jun 12, 03:47

VenomR00 wrote:Alright thanks man. I like it so far, just one quick question.

The Derelict Ships, are they once in a game they appear or do they appear when the A.I. Attacks an opponent will some appear at random?
Question Solved Itself.
Derelicts are created randomly when ships are destroyed in sectors the player is currently not in.
VenomR00 wrote:Also your M7 for the argon just repeats the M3 statement. Don't know if you meant to do that or not but they state that.
I used the M3 statement because it talks about the M3 from X1, the Argon Elite, that shares the name of the M7.

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Tue, 5. Jun 12, 06:58

I would like to understand your reasoning on a few different things.

Why is the jump drive XL. I don't feel that it is rather annoying that M3's can't equip it as they are a bit slow.

I also don't understand why Triplex Scanner, or the other 2 CP items were moved up to a new classification. Why not create something a little more powerful like a quadplex scanner for the capital ships. Especially the boost jump drive is the most annoying CP item.

Maybe my game is messed up but all the races obliterated the enemy sectors; i.e. I flew into each sector and all that were there happened to be capital ships which mind you was a little more interesting then I was hoping for. Even the stations were wiped out. The patrols for the hole where not patrolling.

I do have the race wars mod which makes it more interesting but I don't think that was overriding the data.

On a side note if you plan on actually naming the unknown sector's and potentially make them not a blank canvas, open, like potentially having it set up as a war zone sectors that can be taken over giving potential boosts to the race that has it like +5% weapons damage towards all their ships and what not. I have other idea's if you'd like to listen. Please feel free to ask me for more idea's or maybe naming the sectors I would love to.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Tue, 5. Jun 12, 17:09

VenomR00 wrote:I would like to understand your reasoning on a few different things.

Why is the jump drive XL. I don't feel that it is rather annoying that M3's can't equip it as they are a bit slow.
Originally, there was a bug causing you to not be able to complete the story missions due to Saya using her Jumpdrive. I have since fixed that bug, but forgot to swap the Jumpdrive back to M class cargo.
VenomR00 wrote:I also don't understand why Triplex Scanner, or the other 2 CP items were moved up to a new classification. Why not create something a little more powerful like a quadplex scanner for the capital ships. Especially the boost jump drive is the most annoying CP item.
The Triplex Scanner needs to be equippable to capital ships only, otherwise piracy could not exist in Firelance. Ships respect their radar range in seeking targets now, and with Triplex, every Pirate base in race space was getting obliterated. It can still happen, but not on the same scale.

The combat AI has been seriously upgraded, so the boost extension will be equippable to L class cargo in a future patch, to give the heavies more of a fighting chance. Additionally, the strafe drive extension was not intended to be left on large ships only. These were changes made before the combat AI upgrades that just never got removed.
VenomR00 wrote:Maybe my game is messed up but all the races obliterated the enemy sectors; i.e. I flew into each sector and all that were there happened to be capital ships which mind you was a little more interesting then I was hoping for. Even the stations were wiped out. The patrols for the hole where not patrolling.

I do have the race wars mod which makes it more interesting but I don't think that was overriding the data.
Firelance has it's own wars system, and race wars would not play nice with it. Working properly, you'll see capital ships invading, and stations getting destroyed, but they will be rebuilt.
VenomR00 wrote:On a side note if you plan on actually naming the unknown sector's and potentially make them not a blank canvas, open, like potentially having it set up as a war zone sectors that can be taken over giving potential boosts to the race that has it like +5% weapons damage towards all their ships and what not. I have other idea's if you'd like to listen. Please feel free to ask me for more idea's or maybe naming the sectors I would love to.
All the unknown sectors are from X3, which is why I didn't name them. As far as wars, there should be battles happening in Unknown space, but the race wars mod could be interfering.

I'm all for ideas.

I've released 4.0.3 on the first page that should address some of these issues:
  • Allow ships that can equip M class cargo to equip Jumpdrives.
    Adjust pathing so Nikkonofune does not use the jumpdrive (which broke a main story mission).
    Allow all ships to equip the Strafe Drive.
    Allow L class ships to equip boost extensions.
    Fix Military Paranid Nemesis to equip it's 5th shield.
    Remove old CP ware class.

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Tue, 5. Jun 12, 17:41

Well sweet ^.^

Well towards ideas.

I don't know if its possible but is there a way to cause the Xenon, Yaki, and other pirate races to have them reappear if the Main NPC's destroy them. I flew through all sectors and only thing I see in the Yaki sections are space argon whiskey facilities. Same with warring Cap ships from the non-friendly races because now all Xenon have are cap ships and if you jump in they just swarm everything.

I don't know if it is possible but maybe have something that allows you to befriend the xenon and other non-important races.

I love the rudder optimization that you applied as it gives a much more interesting feel to the game. But their seems to be an issue when you do missions that make that you have to kill this person or that person not to spawn with shields or weapons. I can just kill the M4's and M3's pretty swiftly as they cant fight back.

I know in race wars that when someone wins a sector it shifts to the winning races sector. I was wondering if when the NPC fights in the unknown sector that potentially it becomes such persons sector and they can start building it up with laser towers but this would cause the other races to send more next time they try to attack. Also maybe for each sector won, the winning race gets a small bonus like 1% damage to shields for this sector or 1% increase for shields but when they lose the sector the bonus goes away.

Also the SETA can only go up to 6 in your mod where in the game it goes up to 10. I don't know if you did that intentionally or not but thought I would let you know.

I have other ideas that I can post later.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Tue, 5. Jun 12, 18:10

VenomR00 wrote:But their seems to be an issue when you do missions that make that you have to kill this person or that person not to spawn with shields or weapons. I can just kill the M4's and M3's pretty swiftly as they cant fight back.
Can you get me a screenshot or text from a mission where the ships are not equipping properly so I can fix them?
VenomR00 wrote:Also the SETA can only go up to 6 in your mod where in the game it goes up to 10. I don't know if you did that intentionally or not but thought I would let you know.
This was done because serious miscalculations happen when you start SETA past 6x. You'll see weird stuff like capships crashing into stations frequently.

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Tue, 5. Jun 12, 18:21

Okay so I can't find my screenshots so I will just post the text to ya.

The treacherous scum bolo jo has stolen a large sum of money from us. He must die. X amount a money offered. He is at Y location and moving to Z location. Must kill him before reaching Z. So what happens is once you start fighting they have no shields or weapons and just fly circles around you.

Towards the SETA thing. Ah that makes since. Well is there a way to increase the speed of the 6 so its like 10 but not cause the glitches?

Well since sectors aren't named in X3 why not give them names with some form of a description unless you are trying to keep it as true as possible.

Also when you dropped the jumpdrive down to M by Disco that I start with can now equip it. Just thought I'd inform ya.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Tue, 5. Jun 12, 19:03

VenomR00 wrote:Okay so I can't find my screenshots so I will just post the text to ya.

The treacherous scum bolo jo has stolen a large sum of money from us. He must die. X amount a money offered. He is at Y location and moving to Z location. Must kill him before reaching Z. So what happens is once you start fighting they have no shields or weapons and just fly circles around you.
I see the bug, and I'll work on getting it fixed.
VenomR00 wrote:Towards the SETA thing. Ah that makes since. Well is there a way to increase the speed of the 6 so its like 10 but not cause the glitches?
That would still cause glitches.
VenomR00 wrote:Well since sectors aren't named in X3 why not give them names with some form of a description unless you are trying to keep it as true as possible.
I've been trying to keep as true as possible.
VenomR00 wrote:Also when you dropped the jumpdrive down to M by Disco that I start with can now equip it. Just thought I'd inform ya.
The Disco you start with is military grade, so it's a bit better than the consumer grade you can buy. I don't consider it a bug. :)

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 03:48

So I have been playing this and turned off my race wars mod but something is still causing the M0, M1, M2, M6, and M7's to invade the pirate locations wiping out the bases and the pirates.

Also maybe with the zones that have Xenon in the unknown sections to have a delay before invading because all they do is send out raiding parties that get annihilated. Maybe you can have the NPC wait until they have 10-15 so that they more intense fight scenes.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 04:18

VenomR00 wrote:So I have been playing this and turned off my race wars mod but something is still causing the M0, M1, M2, M6, and M7's to invade the pirate locations wiping out the bases and the pirates.
The response system can be easily tweaked to tone down the invasions into Pirate space. Any destroyed stations should be rebuilt regardless, as long as a shipyard of that race exists, and in the case of Pirates, they will use Teladi shipyards if their shipyard is destroyed. If this is not happening, let me know.
VenomR00 wrote:Also maybe with the zones that have Xenon in the unknown sections to have a delay before invading because all they do is send out raiding parties that get annihilated. Maybe you can have the NPC wait until they have 10-15 so that they more intense fight scenes.
I could give the Xenon more teeth, but their invasions were kept small for the effect of the races containing them. So you are suggesting 10-15 capships for the Xenon before invading?

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 04:41

I was thinking just 15 any ships. Because currently when they invade they are only invading with M5-M3 ships only.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 08:38

VenomR00 wrote:I was thinking just 15 any ships. Because currently when they invade they are only invading with M5-M3 ships only.
They invade with fleets in neighboring sectors such as Black Hole Sun. The small scout forces are separate altogether.

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 17:04

Well what ends up happening in my game is, the invade in the beginning attacking Black Hole Sun and Menalus Cloud. But then the A.I. starts going out obliterating them. I went into LooManckStrat's Legacy the paranid send all their military and destroy the pirate anarchy base. Mi Ton's Revenge all I see our boron ships. About 40. The thing is the script you set up for them to follow X route to Y route is not being followed. Something is causing it to interfere not enforcing the M0, M1, M2, M6, and M7's to follow and they start jumping into Xenon, Pirate, and other non player controlled zones. I watched the one in LooManckStrat's Legacy just vanish pretty rapidly from 4 different sector Paranid Force.

I think the pirates either need more defensive ships or something that can help them combat this issue if it can't be solved. I will try reinstalling X2 and putting it back into see if I messed up some how ^^

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 18:12

VenomR00 wrote:Well what ends up happening in my game is, the invade in the beginning attacking Black Hole Sun and Menalus Cloud. But then the A.I. starts going out obliterating them. I went into LooManckStrat's Legacy the paranid send all their military and destroy the pirate anarchy base. Mi Ton's Revenge all I see our boron ships. About 40. The thing is the script you set up for them to follow X route to Y route is not being followed. Something is causing it to interfere not enforcing the M0, M1, M2, M6, and M7's to follow and they start jumping into Xenon, Pirate, and other non player controlled zones. I watched the one in LooManckStrat's Legacy just vanish pretty rapidly from 4 different sector Paranid Force.

I think the pirates either need more defensive ships or something that can help them combat this issue if it can't be solved. I will try reinstalling X2 and putting it back into see if I messed up some how ^^
It's not messed up, the response system just needs to be tweaked. I can blacklist Pirate space from responses.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”