[MOD] X2: Firelance 4.0.4 [RELEASE] [16/June/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SteelRush
x4

Re: modding changes

Post by SteelRush » Fri, 2. Sep 05, 05:09

Harlock776 wrote:If you guys made any changes to the voices in the game for any reason then you need to check those changes. What most people that want to change the voices do is make a seperate audio file that has only what they want in it and go from there or they separate each voice comment into it's own file. Audio is a very big problem in this game especially gunfire sound playback. If you get some time, go over to *** and look for my replacement sounds version 2.0 mod and check out it's readme file. Lots of info there if you haven't already figured it out yet.
To accomplish what I did, I had to go around alot of hardcoded limitations. I've been working on this for about 6 months now. There's a method to my madness in how I modified things.

Since not everyone is having this problem, I'd like to see if I can figure out what causes it for some and not others.

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Fri, 2. Sep 05, 09:50

I'm not having any problems with sounds like the others are reporting, but what's the deal with those M5 class ships ??

they don't go in formation very well like they used to, and keep flying in circles arround my ship, luckely none of those hit me yet.

But they kind of look funny though like spacefly or something. :D

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 2. Sep 05, 10:41

I didn't tried it yet, but :
SteelRush wrote:The point of 3 Wharfs is having a better chance of having L ships in stock.
Even with 200 wharfs, the availability of L ships is dependant of the availability of 25MW Shields. So you should add well supplied 25MWshield factories in the sector ;)

Edit : hum. I've checked your file. There's a lot of script files from the official bonus pack. It can cause issues with people who do not have the same version of the pack running.
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Stealth
x2

Post by Stealth » Fri, 2. Sep 05, 12:27

SerialKicked wrote:Even with 200 wharfs, the availability of L ships is dependant of the availability of 25MW Shields. So you should add well supplied 25MWshield factories in the sector ;)
Actually, it has been confirmed several times that the availability of L models isn't dependent on anything but a dice roll, so we added a few more dice to the throw. :)
SerialKicked wrote:Edit : hum. I've checked your file. There's a lot of script files from the official bonus pack. It can cause issues with people who do not have the same version of the pack running.
The script files are there because their behaviour was modified - there is no more ongoing cost, and the prices have been modified so the software is more available, which was one of the main "brakes" in the early gameplay - there are no more "cold starts" with this mod. :) As for the compatibility with older script version, there's no excuse now, anyone can download the latest script pack and patch, and we put that into the disclaimer as well.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 2. Sep 05, 14:08

Actually, it has been confirmed several times that the availability of L models isn't dependent on anything but a dice roll, so we added a few more dice to the throw. Smile
:o I was quite sure of what i said, but after a check you're right.
Sorry :)

----
Just a word of warning to other people, do NOT run my Pirate Guild script on this map. Without any pirate owned sector it can't work correctly here. I'll probably release a patch soon.
----
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Fri, 2. Sep 05, 15:08

D_Zorro wrote:I'm not having any problems with sounds like the others are reporting, but what's the deal with those M5 class ships ??

they don't go in formation very well like they used to, and keep flying in circles arround my ship, luckely none of those hit me yet.

But they kind of look funny though like spacefly or something. :D

DZorro,
I've found that keeping squads of similar class ships is the best. For attack runs, sending a wave of M5s to punch the shields, then M4s to start cracking the hull, and M3s to finish the job.

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Fri, 2. Sep 05, 15:11

@ Voice Problems- I had this same problem a long while back. The problem is caused by installing the 1.2 or 1.3 patch to a game that already is patched to that level or beyond. Check the version of your actual CD, if it is already v1.2 like mine, you simply need to reinstall X2, apply the 1.4 patch, the bonus pack, and the mod, and you should be set to go just fine.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Fri, 2. Sep 05, 15:25

SerialKicked wrote:
Actually, it has been confirmed several times that the availability of L models isn't dependent on anything but a dice roll, so we added a few more dice to the throw. Smile
:o I was quite sure of what i said, but after a check you're right.
Sorry :)

----
Just a word of warning to other people, do NOT run my Pirate Guild script on this map. Without any pirate owned sector it can't work correctly here. I'll probably release a patch soon.
----
That's what was most irritating to me in XT when they added that dice roll for "realism". It just means more work for the player to try and find equipment and that is by no means fun.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Fri, 2. Sep 05, 16:39

Oh well, bugs or no bugs, I'm making a speical "galaxy" which is really just a really big battle of Argon Vs. Paranid(who ships are owned by Xenon). I'm going to tweak it more and maybe release it soon. :D
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Stealth
x2

Post by Stealth » Fri, 2. Sep 05, 16:46

To debase the slight misunderstanding caused by the mod being released at v1.0 sharp, here's the deal.

Both SteelRush and I were driven by the fact a lot of mods, and even games, get released buggy, some being too buggy to be playable, so to that end we kept around 50 or so internal debug versions till now. Yes, that was a lot of restarts for us, and the beta team wasn't too happy about it either, but as things are now, we hope we've squashed at least 99% of all the bugs. ;)
Last edited by Stealth on Fri, 2. Sep 05, 16:56, edited 1 time in total.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Fri, 2. Sep 05, 16:55

Galaxy613 wrote:Oh well, bugs or no bugs, I'm making a speical "galaxy" which is really just a really big battle of Argon Vs. Paranid(who ships are owned by Xenon). I'm going to tweak it more and maybe release it soon. :D
If you want to see battle, head over to Xenon Blockade 472 or 347. You'll see plenty of fireworks as Xenon capships try and take on a fleet.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Fri, 2. Sep 05, 17:03

Stealth wrote:To debase the slight misunderstanding caused by the mod being released at v1.0 sharp, here's the deal.

Both SteelRush and I were driven by the fact a lot of mods, and even games, get released buggy, some being too buggy to be playable, so to that end we kept around 50 or so internal debug versions till now. Yes, that was a lot of restarts for us, and the beta team wasn't too happy about it either, but as things are now, we hope we've squashed at least 99% of all the bugs. ;)
Yes I know how you and the other testers loved it when I would release 3 versions a day. :D

If it would make you all feel better, I could call this Firelance v50.0. :P

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Fri, 2. Sep 05, 17:31

For those experiencing voice problems, you need to reinstall X2 and be more careful about which patches you're installing. If your version is already 1.3 out of the box, don't go putting 1.2 patch on it. I had that exact problem a few months ago after a reinstall.

Anywho, how did you guys change up the way ships perform? Straight modifications to ships, or did you write new controlling scripts? If it's scripts... I get this feeling I'm going to want to strip some stuff from your mod to drop into Terradine. (With permission of course.)

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Fri, 2. Sep 05, 17:49

AdmiralTigerclaw wrote:For those experiencing voice problems, you need to reinstall X2 and be more careful about which patches you're installing. If your version is already 1.3 out of the box, don't go putting 1.2 patch on it. I had that exact problem a few months ago after a reinstall.

Anywho, how did you guys change up the way ships perform? Straight modifications to ships, or did you write new controlling scripts? If it's scripts... I get this feeling I'm going to want to strip some stuff from your mod to drop into Terradine. (With permission of course.)
Firelance only has one script for it's own purpose of removing 2 obsolete weapons from Split SEDs, and adding the Mercury that you start out with. The other modifications for Bonus Plugins are just to strip the monetary requirement from them.

Everything besides that in the mod is done by pure file manipulation.

Aketzali
x3tc

Post by Aketzali » Fri, 2. Sep 05, 19:58

Sounds like a great mod, but I am experiencing a crash-to-desktop. I have just started a new game and are still trading in Argon Prime. I send my Mercury to the cattle ranch, while I dock at the Cahoona Bakery. At the moment I dock, X2 crashes.

I have normal european 1.4 version of X2, with all plug-ins installed (except Hired Gunnery Crews).

Stealth
x2

Post by Stealth » Fri, 2. Sep 05, 20:05

It's got something to do with either your installation, your DirectX, codecs or the lack of Gunnery Crews. While the mod does utilize Gunnery Crews, it laxes the restrictions and allows use of "lesser" commands. All the CTDs only have to do with the core game, not the mod itself.

keitherwild6
x2

Cosmetic changes

Post by keitherwild6 » Fri, 2. Sep 05, 20:20

Hi guys!

Great Work! The pirates battles were getting a bit repetitive and the dog fights is so random it makes me sick. Thanks for getting rid of the that!
The Ai is brilliant (or the scripting)! And I love the way the cargo, speed and rudder thing got sent to the recylce bin. Space doesn't have and use for rudders anyway. I wish they change x3 have upgradeable engines instead of upgrades.

The x universe now plays better. Now can you please do something about the ships? Cause some of them are butt ugly (the unmodded pirate ship and the hydra are an embarassment.) If you have anything better than Topgun 1.5 I will be eargerly waiting for the update, or if modding the ships load out and look is easy enough, just tell me how to.

I am playing Topgunmod v1.5 by Harlock and company. The ship modifications are top notch, but in the end I just get an Xshuttle ang I get to be a 'one man army' so to speak. They have a really good Laser tower beam weapon that you can equip to ships as well.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Fri, 2. Sep 05, 21:25

You start with a Mercury, in addition to your Discoverer, with Trade Command Software Mk3, a Mobile Drilling System for instant trading/mining
That MDS will work with the Mercury, I hope.
But it sounds good. I'll try it.

Link not working :(

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Fri, 2. Sep 05, 21:28

Graaf wrote:
You start with a Mercury, in addition to your Discoverer, with Trade Command Software Mk3, a Mobile Drilling System for instant trading/mining
That MDS will work with the Mercury, I hope.
But it sounds good. I'll try it.
All TS ships can now mount a MDS.

There is a bad storm rolling through my area right now. This mod is hosted on a home server and the storm might be affecting it. Try again in a few minutes.

Farrelli
xr

Post by Farrelli » Fri, 2. Sep 05, 21:39

Hi all I have the same problem with the voices but heres the thing I haven't installed this mod yet also I had this problem the first time I played the game
and then I had no mods or scripts! Don't know if this helps but there you go :?
going to have a go now if its as good as it sounds it will be worth the restart!

Almost forgot me specs on euro ver
amd 64 3200 (2.2ghz)
gig of ram
nvida geforce 6200 turbo cache 256mb pci-e

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”