[BONUS Plugin] Commodity Logistics Software MK1 04-8-05

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Sat, 6. Aug 05, 16:22

Hansaw wrote:even one of my TPs is all wrong I buy the CLS for it but it don't show up in the Trade Commands?
You have the navigation software and the CLS on Board? Your TP can transport the homebase ware? (max transport class L / not XL)

Greets
Lucike

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Sat, 6. Aug 05, 16:29

Hansaw wrote:I start the command it goes to the next part to input a value (i.e. 0 for me) and then nothing? :headbang:
The list of stations to deliver from/to is maintained using a seperate command in the ships additional commands menu. After selecting this command, you will select one of your stations or TL transports to include in the delivery network. The software will determine on its own if the selected station is a supplier or a consumer. If the pilot is experienced enough to accept more suppliers/consumers, the command is accepted, and this is indicated by an audio signal. Otherwise an error message is shown, letting you know that your station list is already as large as your pilot can currently handle. If you select a station or transport already contained in the list then this factory/transport will be removed from the list.
Consumers will generally be sorted and supplied according to the urgency with which they need the wares. Stations will only be considered for a delivery if they have less than 90% of the storage space filled. The same principle applies to your producers which will only be allowed to ship wares if their storage is filled by 10% or more. Said a different way, stations will not receive wares if they are almost full, and suppliers will not send out wares if they are almost empty.

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Sat, 6. Aug 05, 20:20

A question though. With the highest rank of freight pilot, does it mean that this pilot is able to fully supply two complete loops without needing more then one ship ?? :? since it can deliver 10 suppliers to 20 consumer ??

That's really cheap in long run no.

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Sat, 6. Aug 05, 20:34

Quick answer is yes. Long answer is maybe. If the loops are spread out the one ship would spend too much time in flight to keep the loop running. You would need to assess the loops and determine if the one ship could do the job. In practice I would say no.

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Sat, 6. Aug 05, 20:47

KarlHemmings wrote:Quick answer is yes. Long answer is maybe. If the loops are spread out the one ship would spend too much time in flight to keep the loop running. You would need to assess the loops and determine if the one ship could do the job. In practice I would say no.

Thanks for the quick answer, i also notice this, when i had the sds installed my trade rank went up but now with this new command, doesn't affect my trade rank. :? so my free loops don't gain anymore trade rank in other race sector is this a new feature too ??

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Sat, 6. Aug 05, 21:16

Yep my TP has every upgrade but the fight upgrads but the CLS that I bought for it dont even show up in the Trade commands. But that aside where are the Additional Commands? Where? They dont show up they dont come up after I put the value 0 in on my other TLs... nothing more where do I find the addional commands or does it seem like my commands are screwed up :? :evil:

Thanks for input :)

EDIT.... OK I found the Additional Commands coulple of places down from the main body of commands seems all you have to do is use your eyes right :roll: :oops:

And Yep the reason why my TP did not show the CLS in my Trade Commands was because the factory it belong to produced XL goods Thus could not trade at all... :oops:

Thanks again for being so patient with a dumb ass such as I.

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Sun, 7. Aug 05, 02:28

question about the leveling system.

is it based on number of journeys... or is it some other way?

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Sun, 7. Aug 05, 03:25

Storm666 wrote:question about the leveling system. is it based on number of journeys... or is it some other way?
A other way. It based on flying time.
D_Zorro wrote:when i had the sds installed my trade rank went up but now with this new command, doesn't affect my trade rank.
Trade rank? There you must err.

That is the old routine of the SDS and it can't affect the trade rank.

Code: Select all

lib.Station.money.stat2station by mkess

009   $money.ToTransfer = $money.perUnit * $ware.amount
010   $money.from = $Station.from -> get money
011   if $money.from >= $money.ToTransfer AND $money.ToTransfer > 0
012    $Station.to -> add money: $money.ToTransfer
013    $money.ToTransfer = $money.ToTransfer * ( -1 )
014    $Station.from -> add money: $money.ToTransfer
015   end

Code: Select all

A part of plugin.KriMe.SDSone.xml by Gothik

066   if [DOCKEDAT] == $Empf1
067    $aktVerlang = $Empf1 -> get free amount of ware $Ware in cargo bay
068    $lieferbar = [THIS] -> get amount of ware $Ware in cargo bay
069    skip if $lieferbar >= $aktVerlang
070     $aktVerlang = $lieferbar
071    = [THIS] -> unload $aktVerlang units of $Ware
072   * Hier  wird   das   geld  direkt  auf  die  warenliefernde  Fabrik  uebertragen
073   * Ist  kein  Geld  da,  wird  auch  keins  uebertragen
074 @  = [THIS] -> call script 'lib.Station.money.stat2station' :  From   Station=$Empf1  to   station=$Vert1  Money  per  Unit   of  Ware=$MoneyPerUnit  Number   of   Units=$aktVerlang
075 @  = wait randomly from 5000 to 10000 ms
076    goto label deliver1
077   end
Greets
Lucike

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Sun, 7. Aug 05, 10:44

this software if used in closely positioned loops doesn’t allow my ships to level up (my stations are about 8km apart in the each loop)... seems it cannot calculate the short times in space with these distances.
every time i check the log it claims 0 flying time, whilst others that travel distances clock the time up easily.

is that suppose to happen?

Note: ive had this running for at least 5 hrs real-time including a fair bit of seta, ships being used are hermes and dementers

i'll give it a long seta run later... but im sure they are not getting travel time

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Sun, 7. Aug 05, 17:26

OK here is 1 for you all...

How do I find out what stations my TLs are currently supplying?

goto the Addional commands and see the add/remove stations but how can I see what Stations it already has set to deliver too... Some of my TLs have Complex somthing or other and dont move. But I cannot remomber or quite understand how to remove stations from its delivery list not that I can see a list :(

Doh !!! I read the readme again and understand that if you goto the Add/Remove station then sellect the stantion home of the TL in question the TL sends a message to you LOG of a list of all the delivery and supply stations :oops:

I need to learn to read stuff before coming here :lol:

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sun, 7. Aug 05, 22:09

Hansaw:
Hey, at least you're reading the readme and finding the answers, that gives you a leg up on many other users. :)
I appreciate you taking the time to find the answers in the readme. :)

Storm:
We'll have to wait for Lucike to answer that one. I don't know the answer on flight times.

Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

fchopin
x3

Post by fchopin » Sun, 7. Aug 05, 23:35

I have been trying the new CLS MK1 for two days now and I have found it to be useless for equipment Docks.

It is excellent for regular stations but it does not do the required job for equipment docks.

I have found a way round my problem of moving by automation my 125mw shields, GPPCs, GPSGs, BPPCs, BPSGs and other weapons from my equipment dock but it is not the correct way to do this.

I have also tried the M6 with two equipment docks and it does not do the job of moving my wares to my TL.

I am not trying to criticize because it is an excellent script for regular stations but I expected the script to be more of a help with equipment docks.
When there are no more games it is time for music.

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Mon, 8. Aug 05, 00:46

Burianek wrote: We'll have to wait for Lucike to answer that one. I don't know the answer on flight times.

Cheers.
Cheers Burianek... ive been checking tonight and its still the case, save game availble if needed to save anyone messing around trying to set it up. its only happening to ships that are travelling less than 10km per journey (just a guess).

excellent update tho to the old SDS :thumb_up:

Hansaw
x3

Post by Hansaw » Mon, 8. Aug 05, 02:51

fchopin:

Is it becouse they start at low level? and cannot move stuff to Equip and Trade Stations?

Maybe you could try getting a few that you have working for a normal stations that has got a few levels under thier belts to then Equip your Equip and Trade Stations giving your normal stations new CLS pilots...

This is what I will do once I got all my loops sorted out but that will take me a few weeks :lol: But I have already noticed a differance in the amount of cash I am now getting... Greatly improved :fg:

Burianek:

Hehe thanks! but I can't read, if I could I would not be here asking all these stupid questions so much... I look through all the readmes but often overlook or just plain don't understand what I saw in them makes me kind of :evil:

I am the sort of person that needs you good peeps to explain it all in School yard English i.e. Once you have done a: you can then do b: you will find b: in the XYZ header 3 headers down from where you had to do a: but not inside the a: menu (do not go into the a: menu to find b: ) b: is outside the a: menu 3 headers down. PLEASE NOW READ THIS AGAIN SO YOU UNDERSTAND :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

fchopin
x3

Post by fchopin » Mon, 8. Aug 05, 03:26

Hansaw wrote:fchopin:

Is it becouse they start at low level? and cannot move stuff to Equip and Trade Stations?

Maybe you could try getting a few that you have working for a normal stations that has got a few levels under thier belts to then Equip your Equip and Trade Stations giving your normal stations new CLS pilots...

This is what I will do once I got all my loops sorted out but that will take me a few weeks :lol: But I have already noticed a differance in the amount of cash I am now getting... Greatly improved
No, it is not because the CLS traders are not trained, I have trained my traders to Freighter pilot.

The problem is that you can not assign CLS traders to your equipment docks and have them move your wares to your TL ships. You can do this with regular factories but not with equipment docks. The TL ships are the only place you can store more than two of the big weapons or big shields.

I don’t need any help with getting the weapons and shields for my equipment docks because the BPH ships do this to perfection; it is moving them to my TL ships that can not be automated.

Unless I am doing something wrong my opinion is the same, CLS does not help with equipment docks.

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Mon, 8. Aug 05, 07:47

Storm666 wrote:Cheers Burianek... ive been checking tonight and its still the case, save game availble if needed to save anyone messing around trying to set it up. its only happening to ships that are travelling less than 10km per journey (just a guess).
Storm666 wrote:this software if used in closely positioned loops doesn’t allow my ships to level up (my stations are about 8km apart in the each loop)... seems it cannot calculate the short times in space with these distances.
every time i check the log it claims 0 flying time, whilst others that travel distances clock the time up easily.
There is a minimum flying time of 60 seconds. I will change it to 30 seconds. ;)

@all

Is there to be freighter, which fly from the edock to TLs?

Greets
Lucike

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Mon, 8. Aug 05, 11:47

Cheers Lucike

i guessed it was something like that... i ended up building a distributited loop to act as a nursery to train some up for these loops.... no problem :)

fchopin
x3

Post by fchopin » Mon, 8. Aug 05, 16:58

Lucike wrote:@all

Is there to be freighter, which fly from the edock to TLs?

Greets
Lucike
Can someone explain this please!

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Mon, 8. Aug 05, 17:11

I now have a little problem with the new sds script. I used to be able to deliver my products to my equipment docks but now i know they need higher ranks to do so, but somehow all my sds stay at apprentince ranks don't gain in ranks like the advanced bph does. :? i have read all the nessecary files that came with the script, and all my sds has all the nessecary equipment installed and still it stay at apprentice. :?

How do i train them to gain a higher level if they dont gain in level at all ???

DZorro,

fchopin
x3

Post by fchopin » Mon, 8. Aug 05, 18:17

D_Zorro wrote:I now have a little problem with the new sds script. I used to be able to deliver my products to my equipment docks but now i know they need higher ranks to do so, but somehow all my sds stay at apprentince ranks don't gain in ranks like the advanced bph does. :? i have read all the nessecary files that came with the script, and all my sds has all the nessecary equipment installed and still it stay at apprentice. :?

How do i train them to gain a higher level if they dont gain in level at all ???

DZorro,
Give them time and they will eventually go to higher level, or move them to another station.

For example you can have a home base to an Ore station and deliver to a 125mw shield factory a missile factory and a weapons factory, that should get you to a higher level quickly.

When you pass apprentice level then it is easier because you can assign 2 suppliers and 5 customers.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”