[FINAL] AL-Plugin: Race Invasions Mode 7.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mercz
x3tc

Post by Mercz » Tue, 7. Jun 05, 23:58

Question-

When I get an SOS message, It says "We've been attacked by null".

Is this normal?

Kayvaan_Shrike
x3

Post by Kayvaan_Shrike » Wed, 8. Jun 05, 00:10

It's all working. Winzip sucks. If that's what I actually had. Either way, a quick search on google and a few mins download later, I tried it.

Infortunately I oculd only grab a few minutes play, and I straight away got a message from the argons being attacked, as Merxz said, bu null. And the split wanted my help going into an unknown sector, which I unfortunately don't have co-ords for yet. :D Damn!

But yeah, it's pretty awesome. Two things though.

Firstly, that null thing needs sorting. Also, I noticed the biggest thing in the enemy invasion thing was 5 or 6 KM3s. And that was with the hard mode on. Any chance of a super hard mode? Where a cap ship comes through?

Overall though, awesome plugin. Can't wait to get some time defending the good guys!!

Kayvaan

StarTrekMarc
x4

Post by StarTrekMarc » Wed, 8. Jun 05, 15:13

Hi,

i am sorry for the "null", i have problems with this like many versions :|

@Shrike

Hard Mode? There must be a M2 ;)

The Number of the Attacking Ship depends to the Sector, if there is a M1/M2 or a shipyard or other things like this, the attack is harder (more ships) ;)
If the player have ships or stations there the attack is also harder :)

CU StarTrekMarc

StarTrekMarc
x4

Post by StarTrekMarc » Wed, 8. Jun 05, 18:10

New Update, tried to fix the "null" problem ;)

Update on first page

CU StarTrekMarc

Kayvaan_Shrike
x3

Post by Kayvaan_Shrike » Wed, 8. Jun 05, 18:42

StarTrekMarc wrote:The Number of the Attacking Ship depends to the Sector, if there is a M1/M2 or a shipyard or other things like this, the attack is harder (more ships) ;)
If the player have ships or stations there the attack is also harder :)
CU StarTrekMarc
Ah ok, that's cool. I thought it would just be a set amount of ships each spawning. This is deeper than I thought!

I didn't see an M2, but I only jumped in then had to quit. There may have been one on the other side of the sector. I'll play with it some more tomorrow, can't tonight :(

I'll get the update too. Awesome :)

Kayvaan

StarTrekMarc
x4

Post by StarTrekMarc » Wed, 15. Jun 05, 16:54

I am working on the next Update, here the status: 80 %

CU

Kustom_Mayd
x2

Post by Kustom_Mayd » Wed, 15. Jun 05, 18:53

this is awsome, i like this alot!
cant wait untill this update cumes out, cause i wont bother downloading untill t does! so yes, cant wait :twisted:

JMCorp
x4

Post by JMCorp » Wed, 15. Jun 05, 20:52

i tried this mod. i can honestly say i uninstalled it half an hour later.

the popup screen every 10 minutes is too much. the notification should be written to the logfile with an audible sound played and a subtitle saying "youve got mail" or something. popping a screen up in the middle of a dogfight is retarded. the MSCI handbook spells out that this is a bad thing. i cant write a script longer than 1 line and i know you dont do this.

cool idea, bad implementation.

StarTrekMarc
x4

Post by StarTrekMarc » Wed, 15. Jun 05, 20:54

10 min. ? :-o :-o thats a big bug.

:-o

have u other scripts installed??

grumman
x3tc

Post by grumman » Thu, 16. Jun 05, 13:18

Just in case anyone else has the same problem I did - you have to allow cookies from www.x-scripts.de in order for the download link to work.

I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to try making a few changes to the script, so that it runs "in the background" rather than telling the player when a battle is starting.
Grumman - killjoy extraordinaire

StarTrekMarc
x4

Post by StarTrekMarc » Thu, 16. Jun 05, 13:49

grumman wrote:Just in case anyone else has the same problem I did - you have to allow cookies from www.x-scripts.de in order for the download link to work.

I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to try making a few changes to the script, so that it runs "in the background" rather than telling the player when a battle is starting.
Yes, u must allow the Cookies for the Download, is that a problem?

Hm, no, i wouldn't change this... there are so many sectors.. u must know there the attack is, so there must be a message ;)

Cu StarTrekMarc

grumman
x3tc

Post by grumman » Thu, 16. Jun 05, 14:23

Yes, u must allow the Cookies for the Download, is that a problem?[/quote]
No, it's not a problem, I just had to allow them temporarily. But it did take a little while to realise that was the cause.
Hm, no, i wouldn't change this... there are so many sectors.. u must know there the attack is, so there must be a message ;)
It is just a matter of me wanting different things out of the script, that's all.

StarTrekMarc
x4

Post by StarTrekMarc » Thu, 16. Jun 05, 14:26

Hm, ok, i could make a AL-Option for turn messages off and on.

Should i do it, or not?

BDStyle
x3tc

Post by BDStyle » Thu, 16. Jun 05, 14:56

yes.. more choice leads to a better gaming experiance..

many people may like the idea of your script however half of them may get annoyed of the pop ups :) To allow those that dislike them just disable it and still keep the content of the script.. that way all are happy :D

grumman
x3tc

Post by grumman » Thu, 16. Jun 05, 14:57

StarTrekMarc wrote:Hm, ok, i could make a AL-Option for turn messages off and on.

Should i do it, or not?
Having tried the script, there are other changes that I would want to make, but I'm sure you wouldn't. If I am going to try changing it a bit, I'll be doing the following

Disabling the messages, for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

Disabling the harder difficulty, or making the "yes" option the easier setting. The reason for this is because, by default, all AL options are on when installed. This means that as soon as someone loads their game with the scripts installed, two sectors are invaded by the 'harder' fleets. You then have to keep out of the two sectors invaded until everything dies, because of the effect on your framerate. Also, swamping a Pirate sector with so many ships is just overkill.

StarTrekMarc
x4

Post by StarTrekMarc » Thu, 16. Jun 05, 15:00

grumman wrote:
StarTrekMarc wrote:Hm, ok, i could make a AL-Option for turn messages off and on.

Should i do it, or not?
[...]
Disabling the harder difficulty, or making the "yes" option the easier setting. The reason for this is because, by default, all AL options are on when installed. This means that as soon as someone loads their game with the scripts installed, two sectors are invaded by the 'harder' fleets. You then have to keep out of the two sectors invaded until everything dies, because of the effect on your framerate. Also, swamping a Pirate sector with so many ships is just overkill.
Wait, for the next version ;) there is a other way :)

Thanks for the Feedback :) First i thought the english community don't like it, but now i am happy about this :) :)

grumman
x3tc

Post by grumman » Thu, 16. Jun 05, 15:07

StarTrekMarc wrote:Thanks for the Feedback :) First i thought the english community don't like it, but now i am happy about this :) :)
I'm glad you find my feedback helpful. I really like the idea behind the script, there are just a few things that need tuning up.

Kustom_Mayd
x2

Post by Kustom_Mayd » Thu, 16. Jun 05, 20:19

Can’t you make them, "instant messages" so they dont pop up in battle, but we still get the warning?
tnx, cya

StarTrekMarc
x4

Post by StarTrekMarc » Thu, 16. Jun 05, 21:15

Ok, i make this and the option in the menu ;)

StarTrekMarc
x4

Post by StarTrekMarc » Sat, 18. Jun 05, 11:25

Update-Time

It has taken very much time, but now i released a new version :)

I tried to change all wishes from german and english topic.

I think this update is a new step to the final.

Please give me Feedback :)

Cu
Marc

-Update on first page-

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”