Terradine: 2.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Tue, 12. Apr 05, 01:29

It would be so much better if the computer used a text to speach engine instead of a preset list of voices logged into a long file. Imagine THAT.

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Tue, 12. Apr 05, 06:51

AdmiralTigerclaw wrote:It would be so much better if the computer used a text to speach engine instead of a preset list of voices logged into a long file. Imagine THAT.
We can only hope and pray. :lol: Your mad looks very nice, and I am very excited to try it out. Keep up the good work.

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Tue, 12. Apr 05, 17:38

Just a thought i read in the BBS in the game that the Split are the strongest Hand-To-Hand fighters,next comes Paranid and Boron are the Worst.

I dunno if this is possible but what if taht if you buy Marines from Split (This is for your capital takeover script) that Marines from the Split have a higher chance of surviveing/killing the Ai Marines then Marines that you bought from Argon?
My Roid Table: Special Thx to Greyhawk for hosting
http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/Files/Table% ... 20v1.2.rar

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Tue, 12. Apr 05, 17:42

All the Hand To Hand combat skills in the world are completely useless when I put a fifty calibur round from a dessert eagle in your chest.

Ever heard of the man who brought a knife to a gunfight?

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Tue, 12. Apr 05, 17:44

sure, i could do that... if i made several ware types. i would rather, i think, just make "marines" and "veteran marines". then have any marines surviving a battle have a chance of becoming veterans, and have the split selling veteran marines (which cost more to hire). i realize it's sort of a cop out, but i think it's better than making all the different species.
//----------------------------------
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Tue, 12. Apr 05, 17:53

I'm gonna do some laundry over here, them I'm gonna get to work on finishing up these stations. Once I get started, watch page two to see how fast I'm working.

And those of you who have AIM, you can bother me at
Atigerclaw03

And milling, weren't you going to get aim?

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed, 13. Apr 05, 02:35

I was playing with my map earlier when I decided to give it a short test run.

I discovered a few things concerning the starfighters.

One of these was the stupidity that is the shields and their setup. All recharge the same percentage, at the same rate. So I decided to open up my Mod and do some tweaking.

The other was that the pirate ships in the sectors attacked me immediately when I entered the Pirate Owned tradelane sectors... So I'm probably going to have to clear all but spacific sectors of pirate strike craft.

Now, shield recharge rates will depend upon how BIG the shields are.

In this case 125 MW shields will recharge much slower than say 5 MW shields... as soon as I figure out which command it is...

Anywho...

For an M4 fighter, I'm going to increase the 5MW slots (ONLY A LITTLE) to make them slightly more challenging, as well as add numerous slots for M5s to further THEIR survivability.

As for other things, I will use the 25 MW shield as the basis for the timeframe of shield recharge.

Ideally, large ships using the tremendous 125 MW shields will have slow enough recharge times that they can be considered under SERIOUS threat when attacked by small fighter groups. As it seems they open fire a little less when they're swarming.

I would say, if my guestimation is correct, the 'unknown number directly above the shield's strength (in watts) is the charge time (in watts per second.)

I noticed in all four shields, they dropped a zero from each one's total value. And since they all did that uniform, I'd say that's some sort of recharge counter... and I'm off to investigate.

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Wed, 13. Apr 05, 02:39

the Unknown Value | 0.01 is the recharge factor. how do i know this? why, i created High Capacitance shields in my universe... :twisted:
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed, 13. Apr 05, 02:54

Is that a factor of percentage per second? (get on AIM when you're around... it's faster that way.)

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed, 13. Apr 05, 03:05

GAH! My brain broke, I'm staring at a calculator and a sheet of paper, and I can't get how much percentage a second it will take to get from zero to 100 percent in 240 seconds! (Four minutes)

3iff
x2

Post by 3iff » Wed, 13. Apr 05, 13:55

If you haven't yet got the answer, it's 0.4166666% per second

100/240...

I've done that too, what's 5+7, grab the calculator to work it out....D'oh
...locating mandolin strings in the middle of Austin.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Wed, 13. Apr 05, 14:02

need a bandage .. for that broken brain ?? ..

will help you a little ... 1/2.4 ..

:P

Spoiler
Show
like it says here .. 1 % takes 2.4 sec and the other answer .. 1 post up ..

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed, 13. Apr 05, 16:33

I'm a bit hypoglycemic. Turns out I was starting on a sugar crash. First sign was the the inability to think straight, the shakes followed a minute later. I downed a soda after that.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 03:19

I am VERY eager to try this mod out. Do you have a specific Date of when you think it may be done?

Oh, and will this work with your buddies jump mod?
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 03:23

absolutely. the freejump scripts are stand-alones, and work quite independently of the universe itself.
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 03:40

Well, I'm running through, and came across my nebula sectors... and needless to say... um. I need to adjust the nebs. You won't like fifty moving nebs bogging the computer into the floor.

I know I don't. And I'm on a top of the line system.

Release date just got pushed back from 'kinda soon' to 'maybe a bit longer'

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Thu, 14. Apr 05, 06:34

milling_hordesman wrote:absolutely. the freejump scripts are stand-alones, and work quite independently of the universe itself.
Sweet!! :D I have read a lot of threads (it seems that way anyhow) about your scripts and the feed back has been good.. so I am giving it a try :)

Thanks guys for going to all this work and sharing it with everyone! (And all the other scripters out there!!!)
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Sat, 16. Apr 05, 21:56

I found a way to keep a ton of nebulas and maintain speed... I just have to mess with various settings to see how it works under different conditions.

I also thought up a new type of ship design.

AM5H Cargo Ferry
"This M5 Cargo Ferry was an answer to a long standing docking problem between stations, Corvettes, and Destroyers. Normally, corvettes and destroyers are incapable of getting supplies anywhere other than EQ docks (M6s) or shipyards (M2s.) So the shipwrights in Omicron Lyrae, responsable for the developement of the Argon Nova design, decided to work on a vessel that was small enough to dock onto an M6, but capable of carrying XL freight, such as that hauled by normal transports. The design culminated in the developement of the Argon M5 Heavy, Cargo Ferry. This ship, while designated an M5, contains a fixed storage space of 400 units, and can carry XL cargo thanks to compression technologies. HOWEVER, because of the power needed, this model has barely any engine power, no weapons, and no shields. It moves at a low TS level of speed, and is only used when safety of cargo transfers can be assured. It can dock at a factory and pick up any type of cargo, and transport it out to a waiting M2 or M6. It has been heralded as an essential to any strike fleet. Allowing on the fly resupply operations when normal supply opperations cannot be performed."

An M5 with no shields, no guns, and low speed, but Cargo level of XL, and capacity up to 400 units.
Sound like something worth adding?

Legion400
x2

Post by Legion400 » Sat, 16. Apr 05, 23:20

It does
My Roid Table: Special Thx to Greyhawk for hosting
http://gr3yh4wk.50megs.com/Files/Table% ... 20v1.2.rar

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Thu, 21. Apr 05, 06:54

Just curious to see if there has been any progress lately. I am anxious to get my hands on this. =]

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”