Top Gun Mod V2.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Sun, 1. May 05, 02:36

Site is back up now :)
Proud member of the PHPBB Network!
Feel free to upload or download X2 Mods!!

Harlock776
x2

huh?

Post by Harlock776 » Sun, 1. May 05, 08:59

I've been so busy with updating my mod that I didn't check the site or a lot of other sites for the last couple of days. Good to hear that it's working again:-) I've made some progress on ver 1.5 of the top gun mod... I only have a few ships left to change and a few to add. Once the modelling part is done I can add a new kind of missile and update my default galaxy map a little (the pirates will make some serious ship aquisitions and use them a lot hehe) and add a few more custom sounds and effects and get some permissions for usage of some recent ships from other mods and then it's upload time. If you liked the sovereign before then wait til you see her now:-) Hopefully I will have most of this done by the end of the weekend real life permitting.

Harlock776
x2

Version 1.5 now available

Post by Harlock776 » Sat, 21. May 05, 06:42

YEAH finally got this thing done lol it's now available at the same thread over at *** forums check it out:-) :D

Tent
x3tc

Post by Tent » Sat, 21. May 05, 09:44

G'day harlock

great mod mate! just one question though, are you planning on adding deadly's ISD to the top gun mod at all? if not is there a simple way for me to do it myself?

cheers

TheEvilSquirrel
x2

Post by TheEvilSquirrel » Sat, 21. May 05, 15:09

ohhh borg cube :D only downer is your site shadowtek ive regestared and everything but when i try and acccess the fourm i get this message

Information

Sorry, it appears this is your first visit since we added the security questions to accounts. You will only be able to view your profile until you update it and add a question and answer. Thanks!

Click here to goto your profile.

so i go in and set a security Q and click submit then guess what happens it goes straight back to that dam message :evil: is there some thing im missing or is this just an annoying bug ive got cought in ???
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
_____ _ _ The Evil Squirrel _ _ _____
:idea: :idea: "The bringer of the Idea" :idea: :idea:
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Mercz
x3tc

Post by Mercz » Sat, 21. May 05, 17:36

Yea, I'm having this problem too.

Harlock776
x2

strange

Post by Harlock776 » Sat, 21. May 05, 20:34

Thats weird about the registration thing, I sent a pm to Shadowtek so hopefully he will check it out asap. I was thinking about placing deadly's ship in my mod but there is currently no room for it unless I use the extra ship patch but since that patch is constantly being improved I wanted to wait and see what happens with it. I plan to use it in ver2.0 that I will get around to completing in a few months but for now I need to relax a bit from modding lol I've been at it for weeks now.

Harlock776
x2

problem fixed

Post by Harlock776 » Sat, 21. May 05, 21:27

Ok shadowtek says he fixed the problem and you should try again and it should work this time.

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Sat, 21. May 05, 21:35

Yes I believe that I have fixed the problem once and for all. Please let me know if everything goes ok so I know for sure ok?
Proud member of the PHPBB Network!
Feel free to upload or download X2 Mods!!

Harlock776
x2

Slight problems

Post by Harlock776 » Sun, 22. May 05, 01:08

Well crap the cut scenes for the Mi Ton express mission still have invisible pirates attacking it. I dunno why this is happening except that I might need to use the original bob file numbers for the ships. Like the Split dragon bob file is 04190 and mine is 04239. I will change the names of the cut files and see what happens. On a positive note I noticed a giant boron M1 MC85a cruising though the underwater cutscenes lol it was awesome! Also the new hydra shows up too.

Harlock776
x2

Problem solved

Post by Harlock776 » Sun, 22. May 05, 04:06

BUG SQUASHED I changed the numbers for my custom bob files to use the default numbers and TADA ships show up in the cutscenes now.

Here are some pics of what I'm talking about...

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Ok so now finally the ships will REALLY show up in the cutscenes lol I just need to update the file hehe.

EDIT

file has now been updated thanks to Shadowtek for updating so quickly:-)
Anyone that has downloaded this mod before 12:55 a.m. EST time needs to download again if you wanna see the new ships in the cutscenes.

kingR2D2
x3

Post by kingR2D2 » Wed, 8. Jun 05, 23:43

Oh my GOD :o where the heck has this mod been all my life. ("faints")

Good work on this mod. If I had to award you guys ive would have givin you 1st place for best mod. I've been looking all over the internet and on these fourms for a well made, good looking mod. I hope this mod continues to grow.

P.S. your ships ROCK THE HOUSE :x2:

Qwiksylvur
x3

Post by Qwiksylvur » Thu, 9. Jun 05, 04:49

Hmm, tried registering to get into shadowtek, but it keeps saying that I need to set up a security question, even though I tried 5 seperate times to do so...

Harlock776
x2

problems

Post by Harlock776 » Thu, 9. Jun 05, 19:45

Hmm... that problem has been haunting the site for a while now. Give shadowtek a PM from his ID on this thread and he should be able to fix it soon.

Shanjaq
x3

Post by Shanjaq » Fri, 10. Jun 05, 09:39

Can't get into the X2 mods section, nothing but Error all around.
[ external image ]
SPACE HAS A TERRIBLE POWER

Harlock776
x2

Try again

Post by Harlock776 » Mon, 13. Jun 05, 00:36

It works for me hehe I was even able to get to the site today from a pda phone that was on sale at a big retail store today lol I just left the pda phone on the website and set the power to stay on all the time lol.

Shanjaq
x3

Post by Shanjaq » Fri, 24. Jun 05, 11:37

I can browse the entire site as long as I am not logged in. The moment I log in under my registered account, all forum operations end in "Error".
[ external image ]
SPACE HAS A TERRIBLE POWER

Harlock776
x2

error

Post by Harlock776 » Sat, 25. Jun 05, 07:06

I've recently received a PM from a user at stadowtek forums about the same problem but they just got back to me and said that after a certain period of time everything was working again. The best way to get the problem solved is to send a PM to Shadowtek from his site or also from this site he reads both sites regularly I think.

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Sat, 6. Aug 05, 20:23

I signed up, trying to DL this mod... but I'm getting the

Sorry, it appears this is your first visit since we added the security questions to accounts. You will only be able to view your profile until you update it and add a question and answer. Thanks!

problem

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Sat, 6. Aug 05, 20:31

Then why don't you do what it says?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”