[BONUS Plug-In] Basic Patrol Commands v1.03 [4-1-05]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rathgar
x2

Post by Rathgar » Mon, 15. Nov 04, 08:21

Burianek wrote:It's a good suggestion, but would be notoriously difficult to implement.
Sorry.

And the price is pretty low when you think about it.
Yes, your yearly figures seem high but that's not a realistic way of thinking about it.
Are you really going to put 365 days x24 hours = 8,760 hours of game time in? Even if you did, you're likely to own the entire unverse and not bat an eye at 10s of millions of credits. In my game, I owned 22 factories 4 game days in. I'm just stressing that game time does not equal real world time.
A better way of thinking about it is this:
an average SPP, nothing spectacular, will earn roughly 20-30k credits / hour.
So a single SPP can support upwards of 5 m6 patrols.
I don't think that's expensive.
Hrmm... good point. For a moment, I was working on real world economics. When put into scale, it doesn't seem so bad.

Actually, I think it just points to a whole other fact... which is that the economics of X2 are, to put it lightly, skewed. Oh well. >shrug<
- Of all the things I've loved and lost, I miss my mind the most.

- Please do not look into laser with remaining eyeball.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Mon, 15. Nov 04, 19:07

yeah, *shrugs* they'd almost have to be wouldn't they?
how long do you think it would take you, at your present job, to save up enough money for a titan? :D
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Tue, 16. Nov 04, 06:03

Burianek wrote:yeah, *shrugs* they'd almost have to be wouldn't they?
how long do you think it would take you, at your present job, to save up enough money for a titan? :D
You have a point, there. When was the last time I bought a sea-going ship? Not recently :P
:lol:
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

dancer
x3

Post by dancer » Fri, 19. Nov 04, 17:45

how do you set the waypoints??? I have an Argon Titan i would like to patrol in Presidents End to protect my Space Fuel and Space Weed Factories.... And can i kill the other sector patrol (NPC) that is in that sector?They are killing my clients!!! (read pirates) :evil: :evil: :evil:

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Fri, 19. Nov 04, 20:07

There is a set of switches in the Options page of the "R" player ships and stations display. Some change the display, but scroll down and there are more to select other stuff like the local patrols.

When selecting sector locations use the Keypad arrow keys, in other words 2,4,8,6 on the number pad and then hit enter. Be sure to select the local sector each time.
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Mon, 22. Nov 04, 00:23

whats with the hidden extra in family tkr that comes with this script?
:? :?

GarryF
x4

Post by GarryF » Mon, 22. Nov 04, 00:42

See http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtop ... &start=105
thread (near the bottom of the page) for more details on the little extra that was included in this script (cheers bladeuk for working that one out).

Are there any other hidden extras hidden in some of the other scripts ?

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Mon, 22. Nov 04, 03:31

Hmmm, if they were secret extras it would kinda ruin it to tell you all now wouldn't it? ;)

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Tue, 23. Nov 04, 03:07

does that mean there is? just a yes or no, you dont have to say anything else but id like to know if i go looking for something that it might be there.]

Not just browsing space for a few days :P :D

Pwwwweeeeaaassseeeee

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Tue, 23. Nov 04, 19:01

To be perfectly honest, I don't know.
Some things are even secret from me. :)

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Fri, 26. Nov 04, 12:01

I appreciate that this is a basic script that does exactly what it says it will - and very well I might add.
Just a thought; It would be nice to have the option to move my pilots to a new ship using the special commands software; a la MK3 (?- I think that is the one)
One of my pilots using the patrol script had a beat up M4 (fighting in a HEN) so I wanted to promote him to an M3....

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Fri, 26. Nov 04, 13:17

My pilots have no experience levels so there's no reason to move one.
If you want your M3 to patrol instead of your m4, just assign the m3 as wingman to the patrol leader and tell the m4 to do something else.
The script will pick up the m3 automatically and start charging for him (and assign a new pilot) and will stop charging for your m4 pilot as he goes off to do something else.
Does that answer your question?
Cheers.

P.S. I'm thinking more and more about how to attack pirates who attack your assets without altering the friend/foe, I may have thought of a way to do it, but nobody get your hopes up.

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Fri, 26. Nov 04, 13:53

Belated happy Thanksgiving - I guess I was just being sentimental about the "loss" of the pilot - your quite right without levels it makes no difference. I'll patch him up and give him an easier patrol route...... well maybe not....

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sat, 27. Nov 04, 01:24

Charlie Whiskey wrote:Got a suggestion - what about having the patroller override its friend-foe setting when one of my assets come under attack? i.e. it will take out the attacker and then resume its original friend-foe setting. Normally I don't bother the pirates because they are good customers, but sometimes they need to be pulled aside and disciplined. :roll:
Ok, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be.
I've sorted it. 1.02 will contain the following:

* If any ships are attacking your in-sector bases or ships, they will be targeted by your patrol whether they are set as an enemy or not in the standard friend/foe settings. Now your patrols will engage any 'bad' pirates that attack you, even if you have pirates set as friends so that you would normally leave them alone.

The new version will be released relatively soon&trade; but don't hold your breath. There's quite a lot going on at the moment, and thoroughly testing such a small update for release is on the back burner. (but it is coming)
Cheers.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Thu, 30. Dec 04, 03:29

Ok this plugin has been updated with the new enemy detection logic / friend/foe override.
Enjoy!

*edit 30/12*
Hmm, it's been reported that after attacking 'bad' pirates, the friend/foe settings will switch pirates over to enemy.
I'll have to look into this, i didn't think it would occur.

*edit 31/12*
yep, after attacking a race initially set to friend, it will be set to enemy. So after attacking some 'bad' pirates harrassing you, your patrol will attack all pirates. I'm in the process of trying to decide what to do about this.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Wed, 5. Jan 05, 20:18

update 4/1/05:
- New Enemy Detection Logic: fixed problem of friend/foe setting staying set to enemy after attack. Now, as soon as there are no eemies within 20 km of your patrol leader, settings will revert back to friend.

note: this only applies to situations where your patrol engages 'friends' that are attacking you (usually pirates)

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Thu, 6. Jan 05, 00:06

:thumb_up: Thank you

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Thu, 6. Jan 05, 01:08

keep me posted on how well it works.
It's kind of tricky to strike a balance here, it's hard to know when to switch the friend/foe back to normal.
The standard behavior of the game is that, if a ship from a race you consider to be friendly attacks you, your friend/foe makes it an enemy.
So if a pirate attacks your patrol leader, it will switch pirates to foes forever. This is standard behavior and can't be changed.
My override works, as you know, when pirates (or other races) are attacking one of your other ships/stations besides the patrol. The patrol will override the friend/foe and then attack them.
So here's the issue, when do you switch back to friend? If you switch in the middle of combat (let's say after the first of three pirates is killed) you run the risk of one of the other pirates attacking your ship and switching your friend/foe forever. I thought a 20 km safe zone was enough. Occasionally perhaps the odd pirate freighter will be targetd, but as soon as there are no bad guys within 20 km, the friend/foe settings revert to what they were previously.
I hope this works well.
Make sure to let me know how it goes so I can further tweak it.
Cheers.

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Sat, 8. Jan 05, 08:51

If upgrading check the friend foe setting of your patrol leader (s); just to ensure they are back to what you want them to be.
This works like a charm - really - I have substantial factory build in pirate areas and so often have stray pirates come over to play.
M6 flys in B.Triumph... couple of M4s, an M5 and a couple of IS (sorry PS, TS - whatever) attacking my factory. (I was OOS) M6 flys in - scans - engages the pirates - went to the next rally point and flew off. Thing is BT still has its Pirate Base intact and so this had been a problem hot spot for me previously.
From what I've seen I think the range is just fine.
:thumb_up: Karl

stella
x2

Post by stella » Sat, 8. Jan 05, 11:54

I'd suggest setting them back to what they were.

Why keep an entire race as enemies, just cos one rogue decided he didn't like one of your factories.

Checking for enemies within 20k. Hmmmm..... Why do I feel my "attack enemies in radius" script becoming obsolete before it even gets signed :wink:
Attack enemies in radius -here

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”