BETA release - StationWar Mod v0.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Hardin
x3tc

Post by Hardin » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 07:31

It was the Xai autotrade 1.1 script. I'm using the bph script now. I don't know why it would cause problems, but after I deleted it, the crashs went away.

sayfadeen
x2

Post by sayfadeen » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 18:08

Interesting. Well, on mine I've run it with the MassiveWarMod (and actually, this mod works fairly nicely with mine, all the extra sectors speeds up AI race development), and with the XaiCorp Advanced Combat AI. I've had problems with the Xai Corp Fleet Support script.

Out of curiosity, does anybody know if is there any significant difference between, say, US 1.4 and European 1.4 that might be causing some problems?

Edit: I'm using 1.4Europe (UK).

Admiral Thrawn
x2

Post by Admiral Thrawn » Mon, 6. Sep 04, 18:38

awesome Idea.
Believe it or not,but reading this made me want to play X2 again since months of not touching it ,heh.
Didnt try yet though,wanted to finish Story first so i have atleast a M3 and some Cash.

bump!

sayfadeen
x2

Post by sayfadeen » Tue, 7. Sep 04, 17:34

Thanks for the support :) Probably best to wait until the bugs are worked out though ;)

Hive1984
x2

Post by Hive1984 » Sun, 26. Sep 04, 15:53

Will there be an overall objective in the mod? Cuss after i completed the story in X2 i got bored real quick, having no purpose except "make more money to build more ships to make more money" etc doesn't keep me interested for more than a few minutes. Btw, hows it all going?

mbthegreat
x3tc

Post by mbthegreat » Sun, 26. Sep 04, 17:17

will this mod change all my savegames to it? ie can i still do the main game story and such?

jduato
x3tc

Post by jduato » Tue, 2. Nov 04, 07:09

Hi,

Are there any updates or bug fixes? I am having real trouble playing your mod, as detailed below.

After playing the Massive War Mod for one month I ended again without a goal. Additionally, when I received a notifications about a race invading a sector, I went there and there was no attack. Very dissappointing.

So, I finally started playing StationWar mod seriuosly. I decided to start from scratch and without playing the mod. So, I went to Black Hole Sun in my disco and started to accept missions. Now, it was much more challenging than when I tested the mod with my fully upgraded Nova. In the second mission, I should have misunderstood something because I killed the Centaur. Was it intended to capture the Centaur? Anyway, I sold three of my Novas and bought a Perseus with BPSGs. I could capture the Titan with it. But when I had to go to the Khaak sector, I realized that I had to play the plot. So, I did it. Very boring.

Anyway, my main troubles are as follows:

1) While playing the first mission, just after jumping into Omicron Lyrae, sometimes it hanged for a while and generated 900 messages. Fortunately, it was random. So, after trying a few times from a savegame, I could avoid it. I did not happen again at a later time.

2) The game has rendered unplayable due to three issues:

a) I am receiving 20 to 30 messages per minute notifying infinite loop detections.
b) The mod spawned around 20 barracks and 20 weapons stations per sector.
c) There is massive traffic of TS from shipyard in Omicron Lyrae to Xenon sector 472

I do not remember when the multiple barracks appeared. The massive TS traffic appeared when I went back to Paranid sectors to kill a few pirates and buy the Perseus. It took me long since the Perseus cannot effectively use a jumpdrive. When I returned to Black Hole Sun, it was incredible.

All together led sometimes to slide show mode where it was impossible to fight. So, did you develop any new version? If not, could you please let me know the (more or less) exact conditions under which you played the mod? You mentioned that infinite loop detections were not frequent.

Thanks for your help

nightfullyDARK
x2

Post by nightfullyDARK » Sun, 21. Nov 04, 23:56

ehm... I can't get the zip file for this mod to work. Only program that would even touch it was winrar, and that only gave me a worthless file of ?nothing?

Edit - Fixed the problem, saw another mod hosting on the same site, and they gave an explaination on how to fix the zip.
Bla bla bla... (signature goes here)

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Wed, 24. Nov 04, 18:42

i LOVE this mod its great fun, finally a reason to have fleets

The pirates invaded empires edge yesterday and i jumped in 2 titans a ray and a clossus with 30 novas to combat the pirates who invaded, it was a good battle, well i would say that my loses were 0, with all pirates destroyed.

The phoenix put up a bit of a fight though!

nightfullyDARK
x2

Post by nightfullyDARK » Sat, 4. Dec 04, 05:27

yeah, this mod is just so much fun.
Makes one wonder why egosoft never implanted a system like this.... cause its what the game has been missing all along.
This mod actually got me playing again, after putting the game down for months, because the lack of gameplay.
Bla bla bla... (signature goes here)

Pain
x3

Post by Pain » Sat, 4. Dec 04, 20:21

One question:
What is that special menu you mentionen in the explanation about the new plot? I flew to Black Hole Sun, but how the hell can I contac Ban Danna? Should some menu pop up, or what?

I searched every menu for that "radio Ban Danna" menupoint, but couldn't find it.

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Sat, 4. Dec 04, 20:38

its in the special command.

you have to the special command upgrade mk1 i think

Pain
x3

Post by Pain » Sat, 4. Dec 04, 20:42

Oh all right, I will try this then.

Thanks for your input.

Pain
x3

Post by Pain » Sat, 4. Dec 04, 20:48

Hmmm, that didn't help either...

Pain
x3

Post by Pain » Sat, 4. Dec 04, 21:58

There seems to be a bug with that contact stuff.

When I buy the special command stuff and nothing else, it won't appear. Now I tried and bought every command software (mk2 whenever possible) and now i do have the menupoint "contact ban danna" available.

You might want to check that one, but I could experiment a little and tell you more.

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Mon, 6. Dec 04, 03:20

works fine for me but i always install all the upgrades on my ships when i buy them so i havnt noticed

Razorblade
x2

Post by Razorblade » Mon, 6. Dec 04, 06:07

Where is the new dropship software?

Shanjaq
x3

Post by Shanjaq » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 02:10

sayfadeen: When you say that you're using the MassiveWarMod with Station War mod, are you using the Story mode or Custom Universe mode?
[ external image ]
SPACE HAS A TERRIBLE POWER

ugly_duckling
x3

Post by ugly_duckling » Wed, 8. Dec 04, 04:22

any idea of when this will get past beta?

btw praise be to the modder you have all my respect.. and respect very few things...

if this works your a genius... if not.. you had too many beers while making it.. stop drinking...

im downloading now..

wish me luck

MI what a wicked idea!!!!

Ampleforth
x2

Post by Ampleforth » Tue, 18. Jan 05, 11:59

sayfadeen,

Great job on the Station War mod! I think the concept of race conflicts gives a new dimension and much needed longevity to the game. I have come up with a few possible improvements to the script, and with your permission I would like to try and build upon your version.

In the current version, an invading force destroys all factories during an invasion, possibly unbalancing the economy of the universe and removing many high level factories that are needed to stock equipment docks. However, looking at the script, it looks like its fairly simple to have a m1/m2 fleet from some sector owned by the defending race defend against the invasion. Minor changes to the invade script should allow a race to "invade" the attackers in the contested sector.

With this modification, we can check after a few minutes to see which side is left standing. If, say, the attacking carrier can survive for 10 minutes or so, the sector and all of its factories changes hands and both fleets return home. This way, the economy balance of the game is unchanged, just the ownership.

Another fun addition might be to allow players with a high enough race relation to actaully order invasions of enemy sectors. This can simulate the experience of being a leader of an entire race and not just the player owned assets. Even more gratifying might be to give the player a percentage of the taxes :). Finally, I am also thinking about creating a version that only adds race conflicts and does not otherwise alter the game universe or story.

Anyways, thanks if you've bothered to read this far. Anyone reading this, please let me know what you think about these ideas!

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”