[BONUS Plug-In] Trade Command Software MK3

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Brodie
x4

Post by Brodie » Mon, 19. Jul 04, 08:28

Hiya this is where im up to:
I can download the file alright but im not to sure where to install it to, at the moment the default installation target is my Desktop.
The instructions with it say:
This will install the "Trade Command Extension MK3".
Please makre sure the extraction path points to the path where your x2.exe is
So what does that mean?

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Mon, 19. Jul 04, 08:30

Your X2.exe would normally be found in something similar to this:

C:\Program Files\EGOSOFT\X2-The Threat\

This will vary from region to region and hence version to version of course.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Filinn

Post by Filinn » Mon, 19. Jul 04, 08:35

or it can be - according to the previous post - C:\Program Files\Enlight\X2 - The Threat

Brodie
x4

Post by Brodie » Mon, 19. Jul 04, 08:37

Cheers to both of you, i owe you both a couple of pints, what will it be,
Calsberg, Bud, Castlemain, Stella?? :D

terrabyte
x3

Post by terrabyte » Mon, 19. Jul 04, 08:38

• Nice work BurnIt, Universal Trader, trading away 8)

It made a nice story as well http://www.x2ou.com
Last edited by terrabyte on Mon, 19. Jul 04, 08:39, edited 1 time in total.
"I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe, hmmm."

Who am I :?: , I am but the sum of my experiences… and today I am more than I was yesterday. :goner:

Lutzie
x2

Post by Lutzie » Mon, 19. Jul 04, 08:38

So lets get this straight then

1: Simply D/L the new TMK3
2: Re-order our current traders to begin sector trader.
3: Give them a minimum of 25mw of Shields and Fighting Software 1 & 2. Nothing more
4: The "universe Trader" should now be available.

Is that right?

Sorry, 4pages is too much to read at half seven in the morning...
People, LEARN:

Lose: To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; for example: He's always losing his money.
Loose: Not fastened or restrained; for example: Loose papers

XU Vagabond
x3tc

Post by XU Vagabond » Mon, 19. Jul 04, 09:15

huh that did not take long for that to come out. thanks ego this rock :D :thumb_up:

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Mon, 19. Jul 04, 09:28

Wow, just downloaded it, but i have a question, how can you check at what level your sector trader is ?? The old ways don't work no more.

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

Darkhold
x4

Post by Darkhold » Mon, 19. Jul 04, 09:44

D_Zorro,

When you bring up your ship menu it will have the pilot's name followed by his level i.e. Jake (2)

On level 0 it's blank so just Jake

Brodie
x4

Post by Brodie » Mon, 19. Jul 04, 09:50

Just installed it and its running fine by the way.

Two quick questions though:

When i selected my Sector Trader (level 9)in Lucky Planets to start his Galaxy Trader command, i noticed that he had several different wares in his cargo (he was on level 9) the largest amount was Cahoona Meatsteaks, but this was explained by the fact he was in the middle of a trade run and sure enough he sold them, but this still left the other wares in his hold, will, when i upgrade him to a Galaxy Trader, he sell these remaining wares when he gets the oportunity or should i just eject them and start with a nice fresh empty hold.

The second question is that before i started my Galaxy Trader in another of my Sector Traders (also Level 9) in Home of Light, I commanded the ship to dock at the TerraCorp Headquarters to Fit him with the required Fight Software and to pick up a Jumpdrive whilst he was there, once all this was installed I started the Galaxy Trader command and .......nothing, he's just sitting there in the dock it says his command is "Standby" but he's been on standby for ages now, i even tried moving him out into space and issuing the Galaxy Trader Commandf again, but he just sat there in the same place and went to standby again!!!
What am i doing worng???

Brodie

Brodie
x4

Post by Brodie » Mon, 19. Jul 04, 10:07

Can anyone help me with my above post?

Lutzie
x2

Post by Lutzie » Mon, 19. Jul 04, 10:10

Give people a chance, you only posted it 15 mins ago...
People, LEARN:

Lose: To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; for example: He's always losing his money.
Loose: Not fastened or restrained; for example: Loose papers

Brodie
x4

Post by Brodie » Mon, 19. Jul 04, 10:16

How about now?
Now?
How about now?...................................now?

Lol only messin, im playing the game now, so just thought i'd check to see if anyone had answered and found the thread had been pushed right the way down off the screen, so i thought i'd bump it back up, to increase the chance it'll get answered.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 19. Jul 04, 10:20

What happens to wares in the hold is explained in the first post in this thread.

If the trader is on standby he may be looking for a trade run or he may have a problem. Check the log, or if that doesn't work try switching on logging (also described in the first post in this thread).

Please do not bump threads up to the top. This is a very busy forum and if everyone bumped threads because they hadn't got an answer within a few minutes it would be utter chaos. :)

Brodie
x4

Post by Brodie » Mon, 19. Jul 04, 11:26

I Said:
The second question is that before i started my Galaxy Trader in another of my Sector Traders (also Level 9) in Home of Light, I commanded the ship to dock at the TerraCorp Headquarters to Fit him with the required Fight Software and to pick up a Jumpdrive whilst he was there, once all this was installed I started the Galaxy Trader command and .......nothing, he's just sitting there in the dock it says his command is "Standby" but he's been on standby for ages now, i even tried moving him out into space and issuing the Galaxy Trader Commandf again, but he just sat there in the same place and went to standby again!!!
What am i doing worng???
CBJ Said:
If the trader is on standby he may be looking for a trade run or he may have a problem. Check the log, or if that doesn't work try switching on logging (also described in the first post in this thread).
Right CBJ I took your advice, I've checked the log and it does say whats wrong in fact it only says something like "Burniit and Mkess software, mk3 software trader.....name of trader...." thats it no message saying why he still isnt moving.

He has in his cargobay:

Trade Software Mk1, Mk2 and Mk3
Fight Software Mk1 and Mk2
Special Software Mk1
Navigational Software Mk1
Jumpdrive
Trading System Extension

He also has:

Argon Mercury with 100% hull
3 x 25mw sheilds
No weapons
100 Energy Cells in his hold
Fully maxed cargo hold, rudder and speed

Home base set to my M2 (which my other 2 Galaxy Traders both have also and they're running fine)

I just dont understand it, I have 2 other Galaxy Traders and they're both working, the only difference between the 2 working ones and this one is that they're both on level 10 and he's on 9.
Can anyone help????

Brodie

James_2k
x3

Post by James_2k » Mon, 19. Jul 04, 11:33

Brodie wrote:I Said:
What am i doing worng???
CBJ Said:
Right CBJ I took your advice, I've checked the log and it does say whats wrong in fact it only says something like "Burniit and Mkess software, mk3 software trader.....name of trader...." thats it no message saying why he still isnt moving.

He has in his cargobay:

Trade Software Mk1, Mk2 and Mk3
Fight Software Mk1 and Mk2
Special Software Mk1
Navigational Software Mk1
Jumpdrive
Trading System Extension

He also has:

Argon Mercury with 100% hull
3 x 25mw sheilds
No weapons
100 Energy Cells in his hold
Fully maxed cargo hold, rudder and speed

Home base set to my M2 (which my other 2 Galaxy Traders both have also and they're running fine)

I just dont understand it, I have 2 other Galaxy Traders and they're both working, the only difference between the 2 working ones and this one is that they're both on level 10 and he's on 9.
Can anyone help????

Brodie
Try

1. ditching the Ecells and restarting the trader

2. moving the ship to another sector and restarting it

3. both of the above :)

dont know if it works, but it cant hurt

Brodie
x4

Post by Brodie » Mon, 19. Jul 04, 11:49

James_2k said:
Try

3. both of the above

The first couple of times i tried it he didnt have any E cells in his cargobay, if fact he had nothing in his cargo bay.
I;ve tried him in another sector and just had the same results = Standby for about 5 mins on SETA. Think my new pilot is lazy, dunno think this makes a difference but the other 2 pilots where Paranid, and he's Argon.

James_2k
x3

Post by James_2k » Mon, 19. Jul 04, 11:53

Brodie wrote:James_2k said:
Try

3. both of the above

The first couple of times i tried it he didnt have any E cells in his cargobay, if fact he had nothing in his cargo bay.
I;ve tried him in another sector and just had the same results = Standby for about 5 mins on SETA. Think my new pilot is lazy, dunno think this makes a difference but the other 2 pilots where Paranid, and he's Argon.
well fire his ass man!

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Mon, 19. Jul 04, 11:55

Brodie wrote:James_2k said:
Try

3. both of the above

When it says standby, it means, that he just can't find any good deals at the moment, that's why he's in standby mode. Once a good deal arises, he will be acting quickly. Hopes this helps.

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Mon, 19. Jul 04, 11:56

Darkhold wrote:D_Zorro,

When you bring up your ship menu it will have the pilot's name followed by his level i.e. Jake (2)

On level 0 it's blank so just Jake

Thanks, i did not know that, will try it out.

DZorro,

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”