New Terran Command Ship

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

RedXIII
x2

New Terran Command Ship

Post by RedXIII » Sat, 10. Apr 04, 19:02

I started work on developing stats for a new Terran Command ship (Not quite a mod, as it is pure documentation at the moment), so far, I have a rough draft down.

I started off at M1, but considering that, in my opinion, a Command Ship is a multipurpose ship, I inevitably decided that making it a TL/M1/M2 Hybrid would be nice.

Course, As of now its a Very Large M1/Small M0. Has 13 Guns, 1 Non-turret for mining, and 12 guns on 6 turrets.

It has 40900 Cargo space, the 900 for weapons, shields, etc. etc. etc.

I decided to stick with 150 Internal docking slots. For now.

Course, this is all a rough draft, and may be due to change.
Dimensional Navigator Nanaki, Terran Empire

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 10. Apr 04, 23:28

hurry up please, i need something new

RedXIII
x2

Post by RedXIII » Sun, 11. Apr 04, 00:14

So far, I have a rough draft done. I also started thinking about image. Since, by this time, im guessing there is artificial gravity aboard Terran vessels, there will be no longer any rotating sections. Since they are unnecessary.

I might even try my hand at sketching such a ship, I feel inspired to.

RedXIII
x2

Post by RedXIII » Sun, 11. Apr 04, 01:02

Here is the rough draft. Is there anything I should change/add/etc?

Name: Neo-Command Ship
In Service: 1
Made In: Terra
Production Status: None
Type: M0 [Game Classificiation: TL for Station transport]
Race: Terran
Accelleration: 1400
Steering: 2.00%
Max Speed: 80 m/sec [Without Engine Tuneups] [Accellerated Ion Drive]
Power: 1,000,000 Megawatts [Quantium Subspace Tap Reactor]
Hull Strength: 850,000 [Advanced hull]
Turret Count: 28 [6 Heavy Turrets, 21 Light Turrets, 1 Special Turret]
Gun Count: 50 [1 Per Heavy Turret, 2 Per Light Turret, 2 Per Special Turret]
Max Cargo: 40000 [Upgradable to 80000]
Cargo Type: Stations
Docking Slots: 250 [Internal]
Shield Type: 125 MW
Max Shield: 12
Max Missile Type: Thorn
Possible Lasers: Variable [See Below]
Light Turret: A-B-G IREs, A-B-G PACs, Mass Drivers
Heavy Turret: A-B-G Particle Beams, A-B-G Kyon Emitters
Special Turret: A-B-G IREs, A-B-G PACs, A-B-G HEPTs, Ion Disruptor, Mobile Drilling System, Mass Driver, Repair Beam
Max Engine Tuning: 2
Max Rudder Tuning: 4

Overview: After 40 years, it was decided that the Terran M1 should be phased to regular Carrier duties while a newer, bigger, and better Command Ship be built. With the advent of better artificial gravity methods, minaturized systems, and the far developments in technology as a result of very heavy research, it was decided that this new Command Ship would utilize all of these advances.

The new command ship, rather than being a carrier like its predecessor, the Terran engineers decided to make it a hybrid. Attempting to keep the ship as space-efficient, even going as far as using Sub-Space technology. It was tasked to make the ship both carry many fighters, along with stations for deploying on the frontier. Also, the ship would have many turrets for defending itself without having to rely on fighters. This ship would also have a genetic bank, and facilities for creating and training civilians and troops should something happen to Terra.

This ship is unique as a M0 in one aspect. Unlike the Khaak and possibly the Xenon M0, the Terran M0 lacked any form of 'planetkilling' weapons. The Terran Engineers saw no need for it on this vessel.

The Turrets are also unique in the effect that they are very modular. Omni-technology allowed the Terrans to be far more flexible, even going as far as, if necessary, being able to retool alien guns.

The result was a very powerful TL/M1/M2 Hybrid in the hull of a M0. The only problem with this ship is the general complaints of lack of space. The docking bays are definatly not as spacious and roomy as those found on say, Argon One. Usually, theres very few problems with space, but the general feeling of being in a small space does exist. Careless pilots are definatly recommended not to manually move within this ship. The Living quarters and other areas are the same way in lacking space, but the Living space was indeed used to the full extent to provide as much comfort as possible.

The unique reactor of this M0 came directly from the remains of the Earth-Brennan's Gate Jumpgate. The Terran scientists have yet to be able to figure out how to reverse-engineer the reactor, but they figured out how to harness its power with much research.
Last edited by RedXIII on Tue, 27. Apr 04, 00:19, edited 5 times in total.

NickWest
x2

Post by NickWest » Sun, 11. Apr 04, 02:02

I think someone already has made a mod similar to this: Shadow Tech's Super Carrier or something like that.

You can find it here:

http://www3.telus.net/public/starnet/sh ... grades.htm

It's near the bottom

RedXIII
x2

Post by RedXIII » Sun, 11. Apr 04, 02:08

Already know of it (as much as I do not have it, I make my own mods), but this is just statistics on a Terran ship. I primarily made it a hybrid because for one, it appears the Terrans lacked TLs in the shiplist, they have TSs, and some kind of drone.

jimbob35
x2

Post by jimbob35 » Tue, 13. Apr 04, 02:24

May as well give it a 400m/s full speed and 100 steering! lol - its got everything else!

RedXIII
x2

Post by RedXIII » Tue, 13. Apr 04, 02:27

Thing about M0s, is that they CAN have everything, except for, of course, a massive disadvantage in the speed/manuverability area.

Course, not knowing M0s very well, I have few guidelines to work off from.

PS: Admittingly, I cut the speed/turning down a definate bit. Might upgrade the shielding, however.

However, im not sure of what design I want. I could go with the orthodox height/width/length. Or I might lopside it without lopsiding the engine, but that would make it too Titan-ish. Although its possible to model it without looking like a Titan.

Course, I thought about doing something entirely different as well. Ahhh, the possibilities.

holo_doctor
x3tc

Post by holo_doctor » Tue, 13. Apr 04, 12:18

JUst dont make the bugger 2 big like the Xenon M0 that kept killin itself trying to jump though gates. lol
i7-930 2.8Ghz quad core
6gig DDR3-1600 3 channel Ram
Nvida GTX470
64gig SSD / 1TB Hitachi

holo_doctor
x3tc

Post by holo_doctor » Tue, 13. Apr 04, 12:20

Then again you could make it look like SPACEBALL 1. now that would be cool!
i7-930 2.8Ghz quad core
6gig DDR3-1600 3 channel Ram
Nvida GTX470
64gig SSD / 1TB Hitachi

RedXIII
x2

Post by RedXIII » Tue, 13. Apr 04, 22:07

Yeah, I plan to definatly make it a long vessel, so that it can travel between gates without crashing.

I planned on keeping the drive section, as it is rather nifty. However, perhaps making it more sleekish might be a good idea.

Knowing Earthgov, and since Earth has the Gateless Jumpdrive technology, gates may not even be necessary.

Commander Jamieson
x2

Post by Commander Jamieson » Wed, 14. Apr 04, 01:05

holo_doctor wrote:JUst dont make the bugger 2 big like the Xenon M0 that kept killin itself trying to jump though gates. lol
That was in XTension, in X2 - The Threat the gates have been increased in diameter, I think by 25% or so. My XM0 goes through gates without problems in X2 :D

http://www.hrh1000.com/x2/pics/x2mod-a19.jpg
http://www.hrh1000.com/x2/pics/x2mod-a21.jpg

Also, one of the above postings mentions an Earth Drone beside the Earth Command ship (M1), one of these drones is an Earth Destroyer :wink:

RedXIII
x2

Post by RedXIII » Wed, 14. Apr 04, 01:33

Yeah, I doubt we will have to worry about travelling through gates.

I also stuck to an M1 till I decided that I wanted a small M0, so the Terrans can both deploy stations, and have a decent fighter.

While I just realized that I have no hosting space (Meh). So far, Heres the description of general parts of the ship.

Completely Black Armor, with a grey hexagonic pattern etched into it. (Camoflage armor, includes the ability to 'blend in' with the background. When deactivated, a very strange coincidence, it looks a bit like Shadow bio-armor.) Given, it is doubtful it will have this ability anywhere but in fluff/story. Unless, if a mod is made, to modify the Camoflage device to perhaps make the M0 be completely invisiable (To scanners at least) until you reach a certain distance.

Advanced Drive System, with multiple plasma-resistant fins, the quad-drive system is given far more manuverability than before.

Rear-facing docking tube, located right in the middle of the drive systems. Admittingly, this may cause things to cramp up a bit. Theres a rear-facing turret, very likely right above the docking tube. Equipped specifically with beam-weaponry.

More info as I think things up.

DSDShadow
x3

Post by DSDShadow » Wed, 14. Apr 04, 13:16

how do you make ure own ships like this :?:

RedXIII
x2

Post by RedXIII » Wed, 14. Apr 04, 13:18

Simple, a lot of imagination, a lot of ideas, and good fluff-making abilities.

To impliment it into X2, all you need is a modeler, texturer, and coder. (Im pretty decent at the coding aspect, its not too hard, probably another reason why I can get stats like this)

DSDShadow
x3

Post by DSDShadow » Wed, 14. Apr 04, 14:14

I mean wat program do u use to make them and how do u import them :?: :?: :?:

RedXIII
x2

Post by RedXIII » Wed, 14. Apr 04, 22:01

The stats themselves, I used a TXT Editor located here, Its possible to do it manually, but rather than have to shift through masses of raw data, which wastes both time and energy, I decided to use the TXT editor to organize things. (Most Major X2 Modding sites have it)

Modeling? 3dMAX has something that can convert it into X2 Models.

Bergkamp
x3tc

Post by Bergkamp » Thu, 15. Apr 04, 02:14

Just make it like a big Borg cube... Undoubtedly the coolest of ships.

manniac
x2

Post by manniac » Sun, 18. Apr 04, 17:49

How about a USS Entreprise D or E? I like E model a lot better.
Or the Corellian cruiser from star wars episode 1.
Magnate
Ace 1st Grade
142 ships
68 stations

Brassmoustach
x2

Post by Brassmoustach » Tue, 20. Apr 04, 15:34

Just need to ask, wat use would a command ship have 4 a mining laser?
would it not have one of the 150 ships equiped with mining equipment.
my point is a command ship would not be used as a mining vessel it would b to risky and not realy the point in a command ship. i think your trying to cover too many options a command ship is the nevre center of operations not a tool to carry them out if u see wat i mean .Too many poeple just make a mod with as many options crammed into it.
Good luck with the mod though ill keep looking out 4 more info

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”