Trade Software Mk III issue

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gworl
x3tc

Trade Software Mk III issue

Post by Gworl » Mon, 9. Feb 04, 06:19

My autotrader (Paranid Prime) keeps buying Hornet missiles, but obviously doesn't sell them. I also got a message that the ship would need my help in a decision because it couldn't sell something, so I sold the Hornets manually to the equipment dock, but in the meantime, the autotrader has aquired another 32 Hornets ...

My guess is that autotraders may not deal with equipment docks in order not to sell off their equipment, or am I just missing something?

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Mon, 9. Feb 04, 08:33

Moved to Script forum
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 9. Feb 04, 12:40

It's usually due to the ship buying a ware and then getting to the station and them being full already.

Once the galaxy trader is ready the ship will move sectors to sell this stuff.

Just check in on your traders for the time being, this can happen with silicon as well quite alot.

I find if you have alot of sector traders it's best to set them all to the same homebase, that way you only have to call up the homebase to check all the ships.

A TL is an ideal homebase ;)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Gworl
x3tc

Post by Gworl » Mon, 9. Feb 04, 17:21

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm gonna watch the Hornet collecting a little longer.

Btw, can a ship "tell" the difference between equipment and cargo, i.e. by administrating auto-traded items using an account or a list? Or does the MK III prevent the selling of goods that could act as equipment, because there is no such mechanism?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”