Scripting engine suggestions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Reven
x4

Scripting engine suggestions

Post by Reven » Fri, 6. Feb 04, 05:20

I thought a thread on scripting engine suggestions would be appropriate. I'll maintain a list in this post on suggestions that are made in the thread.
  • Allow tasks to be created with different task ID's. Currently, the way that turrets assign a turret script to a ship under a task ID that is non-zero is hard-coded. It would be extremely useful (and not just to turrets) to be able to with the "start script" statement to specify the task ID. There are commands to determine what your task ID is, but not to change it.
  • Allow arrays as parameters to statements that need coordinates. For example, if I have the array "PositionArray", it would be useful if the following command would work:

Code: Select all

Object->set position: x=PositionArray y=PositionArray z=PositionArray
    It would make arrays easier and more compact to use to hold coordinates if that worked. I can see no way in which it would break existing code, and allowing it to work this way would eliminate the need to create separate syntax for each scripting command that you want to allow arrays to supply coordinates to.
I expect this list to grow - or at least, I hope it does. But, let's all try and keep the wish list sane. :)

So... any more ideas people?
You were warned... pirates will be hunted down like vermin.

Ex Turbo Modestum

henkbein
x3

Post by henkbein » Fri, 6. Feb 04, 08:59

Make the board computer speak from script.

Instances like [THIS] and [SECTOR] usually have their name in audio-data available (unless it's custom made. if so, not found=silence).

A simple example of how a script could make the Boardcomputer say "Incoming message from" + "Manta" + "Argon Prime"

//(script connected to a player ship of class Manta)
play sample: incoming transmission [IncomingTransmission.Message], from object [THIS]
play sample: [SECTOR]

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”