Help... New game please.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

simduck
x3

Help... New game please.

Post by simduck » Sun, 1. Feb 04, 23:01

Hi. I have recently started a new game at Normal; Hard; Extreme and I noticed that there were no TS class ships at all. Also, all of the military class were just staionary, not moving any where.

I also shot up a factory & argon one & they didn't send out any fighters. Another funny this is that the autopilot doesn't work. It says auto pilot is on but doesn't fly to or dock with station.

I have Oolon's inteligent player only factory by script; an intelligent sell script & Station Accountant 3.0 script.

Are the scripts mucking around my new games or is it something else?

Anyone's help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.
One must die to self to live for self.

Troj
x3

Post by Troj » Sun, 1. Feb 04, 23:10

Its probably a broken script ... I'd suggest reinstalling X2 if starting a new game hasn't helped ... but you could always ask at the Technical Support forum too ...
Semper Pugno, semper Vinci.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 2. Feb 04, 17:04

Good Morning simduck

I have had the same problem and you must reinstall the game. I think my problem was bad scripts and the more I messed around the game would finaly crash. Now I try to do my scripting at the begining of a new game and make of get the scripts working befor I takeoff into the game.

I guess the moral is Backup!

Of carse I did not and had to reload 3 or 4 times, I start the game and find a improvement I wanted and crash again. I am having almost as much fun scripting as playing the game so the crash just comes with the territory.

The one problem I can not solve is how to increase the cargo bay, I have tried scripting and hex editing the saved games and it just wont change.

Hope this helps

My two cents for a dime anytime

DWB1

simduck
x3

Post by simduck » Tue, 3. Feb 04, 01:31

Thanks heaps. I did as u suggested but only removed scripts & replaced with ones from disk. Worked fine.

Thanks for the advice :)
One must die to self to live for self.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”