combat ai

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Bulldogc
x3tc

combat ai

Post by Bulldogc » Fri, 30. Jan 04, 00:07

has anyone ben able to "fix" the combat ai yet so that all the ships dont fly directly into u?(i ask cause as soon as that happens im goin back out and buyin the game again)

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 30. Jan 04, 00:54

I've got a script that improves it a little but it will still ram you if you're not cautious. Unfortunately so far the only way I've been able to totally prevent the ramming turns the AI back into the X-T days (in other words, if you get behind it it will fly straight forever)

I also made some other misc improvements to the fight logic but I sent it to Egosoft and want to see if they improve the AI in the next patch before releasing the script myself.

Bulldogc
x3tc

Post by Bulldogc » Fri, 30. Jan 04, 01:59

hows the controll been with 1.2 out now(i got it just after 1.1 and it was kinda crappy still)?

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Fri, 30. Jan 04, 05:29

controls are better with the joystick now, and my sidewinder force feedback actually has some force feedback and centering force now. However it only centers when I fly fighters for some reason....

as for people running into you, just watch your speed and make sure you don't run into them! after all they have very predictable flight patterns!

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”