improvement for stations anyone who can help.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

handzon
x3tc

improvement for stations anyone who can help.

Post by handzon » Sat, 24. Jan 04, 16:10

Request to anyone who can help. i was hoping to add a proper docking bay view for station owners, just like the one in the opening cut scene. and what i propose is that when you enter your own factory only, you are transported to your stations command centre. so instaed of looking at an boring wall and street sign you have an option to look around inside your own dock. to do this maybe place an **** pit from an tl or ,use the helmut one ,or even better an cap ship turret. i mean look at that nice upper window in the argon titans. just swing it around pretend thats your station office window (check it out) great for monitoring sector traffic cruising by, from high up there you can watch whos coming to visit ,surely sitting in yuor station ,and for the fans like myself who are right into the micromanagement of the game which can mean an lot of hours when you have hundreds of factorys and and all those transporters going about thier buisness.let alone secutiry. i do feel this will go even further toward personalizing the ownership and mangement of factorys ,for those of us who like an great economic game. it will be more rewarding . just picture online as you zoom down to the freighter requesting docking permission,after an quick scan you hit the "O" key and the stations main outer doors begin to open . form what i understand so far adding an turrent to an point on the station, such as those already on pirates stations and givingit an cockpit .... any feed back welcomed.
Handzon c.e.o at SPARTRANS TRADING CO.
[ external image ]

kryptyk
x4

Post by kryptyk » Sun, 25. Jan 04, 10:34

That would be a great idea but AFAIK current methods won't permit this. Adding a turret to a model depended on if there was a pre existing point on the model to begin with. As far as adding a "bridge" to stations my guess is that information is locked in the *.obj files and maybe the X2.exe itself. Mind you that all this is based on my current knowledge of the game structure. Hopefully I will be corrected later when Egosoft releases the tools and or files in order to do this. :D

tylium
x2

Post by tylium » Sun, 25. Jan 04, 14:24

i tink ego makes an base cockpit in XOU so you can interact with friends in bars
:P somebody did something stupid o no its me :P

handzon
x3tc

spot on

Post by handzon » Mon, 26. Jan 04, 02:59

yes your right here, it is in the object files, but after unpacking the pck files i found all the different cockpit numbers and you can swap them aruond,this can be done as i used to do this with extension, back then i put cockpits & tunnings&extra gargo for mines into satelites, drones & lazor towers ,after adding extra cargo space.though i only gave the tower and sat speed of 1 for the sat and 2 for the tower, it was great for placing sats as spy cams when in xenon or pirate sectors. i go as fast as poss and come in close to there stations,after making the drop mostly done using an max out elite. id transport to the sat and do the final placement and as an method of defence i always placed 1 or 2 mines in them as well or one hornet missile,i figured if i cant have noone will plus it was funny to picture some pirate about to take out your sat only to find there are now 3 icons on the nav screen,and 2 have just turned red indicating mines,i would like to see the cokpits in towers for online as it was great fun although an bit risky ,i used to think imagine getting gaurd duty spending your shift in the confines of an lazor tower knowing full well that when an attack comes you will be right on the front line.
cheers Handzon. ceo SPARTRANS TRADING Co,
Handzon c.e.o at SPARTRANS TRADING CO.
[ external image ]

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”