Anyone doing this script?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

siath70
x4

Anyone doing this script?

Post by siath70 » Wed, 21. Jan 04, 04:44

Anyone thought about a script that searches all sectors you have a sat/station/ship in for best buy and reports back?

Like.

Argon Prime:
Energy (10)
Atreus' Clouds:
Ore (25)
Blah Blah.

Probably would be a intensive search so maybe executable only in a station? Like a save game....

Maybe you have to have best buy/sell software and another software like Best Buy Computer DataBase Software
Best Sell Computer DataBase Software

I would think the software would be slightly expensive and maybe only talk to ships/sats/stations above 70% hull or something to give it some flavor, like something with that much damage might have its computer down/damaged/unable to transmit.

Dunno how many hours I have spent looking through each sector trying to find a good buy/sell :P

ShanghaiDilly
x2

Post by ShanghaiDilly » Wed, 21. Jan 04, 15:56

I might be able to mod my scripts to include this, since they are doing most of this already.

I'm working on making the Adv. Satellites more useful. My "non-cheating" scripts will use the "Best buy/Best sell" ability that the Adv. Satellites already have to "relay" information to my ships.

So the prerequisite to getting your "Best buy" information would be that you either have a "Best buys/Best sells" equipped ship within the sector, or have an Adv. Satellite within the sector. It would be cheating to get this information without the prerequisite.

The original in-game scripts cheat now, and I just don't agree with it. How in the world can your ship find the best buy in the next sector, or even the current sector, if it doesn't have the "Best Buy" upgrade? Hmmmm.... this is a mystery to me.

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Thu, 22. Jan 04, 01:09

Yes I agree completely.

I was just thinking if you have the all the needed software.
You would think since everything is computer assisted that you would keep a updated data base of all good buys etc. etc.

Siath
Thanks for the reply.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”