Teladi AutoTrader v2.2 - Commands say Readscript...?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Darshu
x3

Teladi AutoTrader v2.2 - Commands say Readscript...?

Post by Darshu » Tue, 20. Jan 04, 21:40

Hey I downloaded the trader script to help out with fab management, and in the command menus I get Readscript and some numbers.

Is this what the script is supposed to do?

I also have the "official" mk3 Trade Software by mkess and Burnit, are these two scripts incompatible?

Sarpedon
x3

Post by Sarpedon » Tue, 20. Jan 04, 23:00

I believe the two scripts are not compatible, because I also am in the same situation you are, except I downloaded the teladi auto-trader script before the mk3 software.

I am probably going to delete one or the other, probably the teladi-autotrader one and stick with the official scripts.
Death before Dishonor.

Darshu
x3

Post by Darshu » Wed, 21. Jan 04, 00:22

only problem now is, I deleted the files out of the script directory, but the commands are still in the game?

WTF? :shock:

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Wed, 21. Jan 04, 00:26

I believe there is an update on http://xscripting.com that changes the textfile so you get actual text again.
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Wed, 21. Jan 04, 00:30

To delete a script you need to do it from within the game, stopping all instances first, reinit the scripts and save the game.

the ReadText[2010-410] means the game cant find the right text page.

If you want to use two scripts that use 440003.xml, rename one of them 440004.xml and add the line load text: id=4 to an init.* script.

I'm sure at some point the script autors will update their scripts, but for now, if your still having problems tell me which scripts you want to use together and I'll make the adjustments for you if you want. Just send us a PM.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”