[Script] - All.Unobtained.Ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

iXenon

[Script] - All.Unobtained.Ships

Post by iXenon » Fri, 1. Sep 23, 20:52

The script finds ships from the database that the Player's HeadQuarters doesn't have blueprint for at the time being.
It has to be run without any parameters and in seconds the "log00300.txt" should appear in the game directory (the same directory where the "profiles", "save" and "screenshots" subdirectories are stored).

:!: Note, the Rare Blueprint Collector achievement still has a bug and cannot be obtained even in FL 1.3. Anyway, achievements don't work in a *** modified *** game.

:idea: The script scans all the ship database and for every ship checks if the HQ has blueprint for it
:arrow: If it doesn't, it tries to find a shipyard that has that ship and shows the required notoriety for buying it
.. :arrow: If required notoriety is too low or no shipyard has been found (some ships are not for sale), it tries to find that ship among existing ones
.. :arrow: If a ship of the same type was found among foes it will appear in the log
.. :arrow: If the ship was found in a enemy sector the script will stop the searching for that ship type and will switch for the next one

As the result, it should produce a list of ships and one of the easy ways to obtain most of them. The particular ships currently owned by allies would appear in the log only if they are for sale at shipyards.
Spoiler
Show
:arrow: Download link (valid only few days)
Last edited by iXenon on Sat, 30. Dec 23, 23:53, edited 3 times in total.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Re: [Script] - All.Unobtained.Ships

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Fri, 27. Oct 23, 23:13

Would you mind resharing?
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Sat, 28. Oct 23, 13:02

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Fri, 27. Oct 23, 23:13
Sure, just updated the first post.

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 28. Oct 23, 20:15

iXenon wrote:
Sat, 28. Oct 23, 13:02
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Appreciated. Thank you...

This gives me a visual of what I need to obtain.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Sat, 28. Oct 23, 20:59

BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Sat, 28. Oct 23, 20:15
iXenon wrote:
Sat, 28. Oct 23, 13:02
BrigandPhantos77 wrote:
Appreciated. Thank you...

This gives me a visual of what I need to obtain.
Does it work for you?
Could you, please, provide a part of output under the spoiler. This is my first script, so I'm just curious if it works as expected. :)

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 29. Oct 23, 14:21

iXenon wrote:
Sat, 28. Oct 23, 20:59

Does it work for you?
Could you, please, provide a part of output under the spoiler. This is my first script, so I'm just curious if it works as expected. :)
Definitely works.

If I had the experience to edit, try to tweak it to show the friendly/neutral ships that are missing as well, or at least the missing prints. As is my mind is a fuddled mess these days, though I've played with C++, so it isn't terribly difficult to understand when I read the statements/code.

My tweak / edit suggestions (hopefully you don't mind).

I'd make locating a viable candidate for purchase, bail, capture to be secondary to this task. It missed a few that were roaming. But then, they were mostly in friendly or neutral space. And the Kite Vanguard was roaming in Teladi Space and Split Space. Teladi I am max rep, Split I am one digit shy of KOS. There were a few items that didn't make a lot of sense to have, but I guess they are still in game ships. Even if un-obtainable. "Kha'ak Stuff :!: "

I condensed this by taking out spaces, but this is the output. A few ships appeared twice for different races.

Hope this and my comments help if you plan to tweak.
Spoiler
Show
--- Ships your HQ doesn't have blueprints for ---
=========
Argon(+7)
=========
M7D:
Griffon
===========
Paranid(+6)
===========
M7D:
Ariadne
==========
Kha'ak(-5)
==========
M1:
Hive Queen
Carrier
M2:
Destroyer
M3:
Cluster
Kha'ak Cluster [KM3OR-83] @ (Maelstrom)
Kha'ak Cluster [KM3KF-56] @ (Unknown Enemy Sector)

Cluster
Kha'ak Cluster [KM3WU-13] @ (Maelstrom beta)
Kha'ak Cluster [KM3JE-54] @ (Unknown Enemy Sector)

Cluster
Kha'ak Cluster [KM3KU-07] @ (Maelstrom beta)
Kha'ak Cluster [KM3MX-31] @ (Unknown Enemy Sector)

Cluster
Kha'ak Cluster [KM3GU-89] @ (Maelstrom beta)
Kha'ak Cluster [KM3KF-57] @ (Unknown Enemy Sector)

=========
Goner(+8)
=========
M1:
Aran

=======
ATF(+8)
=======
M1:
Woden: (+9) > (+8) >> [-] @ Shipyard(The Moon)
M2:
Tyr: (+9) > (+8) >> [-] @ Shipyard(The Moon)
Valhalla
==========
Terran(+8)
==========
M7D:
Maccana
========
OTAS(-3)
========
M7M:
Aquilo: (+9) > (-3) >> [-] @ OTAS Shipyard(Legend's Home)
=============
TerraCorp(+7)
=============
M7D:
Griffon
==========
Duke's(-5)
==========
M7D:
Ariadne
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 29. Oct 23, 14:23

Macanna, Ariade, Valhalla definitely had ships roaming that could be boarded. I pass the Valhalla quite regular. :D Along with 7 Skirnir.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Sat, 4. Nov 23, 12:48

Thank you for the feedback.

The idea was to provide a simple way to get these ships without losing notoriety. In this regard, it should be easy to get a ship from an enemy rather then an ally, because it doesn't affect the reputation.
In the long term run it works well, because the X-Universe changes constantly. One might want to run it from time to time, buy available ships and bail some of enemy ships that appeared in the list. By the next iteration new ships may appear among enemies and so on. Pirates, Duke's and may be Yaki as well, may own, I believe, many of other ships from the Commonwealth. I personally obtained some M7 and M7M in that way, not to mention M5/M4/M3.
But for those who are at the end of the ship collecting challenge it may be a bit problem, because the script doesn't show ally ships roaming somewhere. But at least it shows the names, so other search scripts may help here.

I'd think about releasing a new version with removed Kha'ak ships and a new option to find ships among allies as the "last resort" option.

Regarding to 'duplicates', it's about how the ship database is arranged. Once Griffon is obtained, it'd disappear for both TerraCorp and Argon. The same about Ariadne (Paranid and Duke's).

P.S. Why haven't you get Aran? Didn't you complete the plot for some reason?

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 5. Nov 23, 13:59

iXenon wrote:
Sat, 4. Nov 23, 12:48
Thank you for the feedback.

The idea was to provide a simple way to get these ships without losing notoriety. In this regard, it should be easy to get a ship from an enemy rather then an ally, because it doesn't affect the reputation.
In the long term run it works well, because the X-Universe changes constantly. One might want to run it from time to time, buy available ships and bail some of enemy ships that appeared in the list. By the next iteration new ships may appear among enemies and so on. Pirates, Duke's and may be Yaki as well, may own, I believe, many of other ships from the Commonwealth. I personally obtained some M7 and M7M in that way, not to mention M5/M4/M3.
But for those who are at the end of the ship collecting challenge it may be a bit problem, because the script doesn't show ally ships roaming somewhere. But at least it shows the names, so other search scripts may help here.

I'd think about releasing a new version with removed Kha'ak ships and a new option to find ships among allies as the "last resort" option.

Regarding to 'duplicates', it's about how the ship database is arranged. Once Griffon is obtained, it'd disappear for both TerraCorp and Argon. The same about Ariadne (Paranid and Duke's).

P.S. Why haven't you get Aran? Didn't you complete the plot for some reason?
I got the Aran, I just hadn't reverse engineered it. I have the ship though. I spent the credits on upgrading the cargo bay before my thoughts caught up with me. That was expensive. So I was planning to go discovery point route to obtain it. Takes forever to get the special discoveries, but when your determined, you are determined. :mrgreen:

As for the ones your friendly with, I'd maybe create a separate section for those ships that your missing. That way you get the complete picture. I'm surprised things like the Kite Vanguard didn't make it to the explorer's guild.
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

Sealfree

Post by Sealfree » Fri, 15. Dec 23, 20:23

Link id gone, please post again thanks.

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Sun, 17. Dec 23, 21:47

Sealfree wrote:
Fri, 15. Dec 23, 20:23
Link id gone, please post again thanks.
Just updated the initial post. The link should work now.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Sat, 30. Dec 23, 22:33

Any chance of reuploading this? I'm trying to figure out what i'm missing for rare collector achievement (got all ships per ship comparison tool, including hyperion vanguard, kite vanguard, all HSAPs, diplomacy ships), and this might help me out.

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Sat, 30. Dec 23, 23:55

rudi_pioneer wrote:
Sat, 30. Dec 23, 22:33
Any chance of reuploading this?
Done. It should be now available for next 6 days.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 31. Dec 23, 12:12

iXenon wrote:
Sat, 30. Dec 23, 23:55
rudi_pioneer wrote:
Sat, 30. Dec 23, 22:33
Any chance of reuploading this?
Done. It should be now available for next 6 days.
Googl Drive is it better for this or mediafire.com

All.Unobtained.Ships.zip

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”