NPC Bailing addon?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

The Captain

NPC Bailing addon?

Post by The Captain » Wed, 21. Jun 23, 04:54

Hey folks,

I've been getting into FL a bit lately, and I've tried a few of the scripts out to customize the game to my liking a little better, but the one I was really looking forward to seems not to be working, even though there are a few threads here that say it should be just fine.

Has anyone had any luck getting the NPC bailing addon from ThisIsHarsh to work in FL?

-XeNoN-
x4

Re: NPC Bailing addon?

Post by -XeNoN- » Mon, 26. Jun 23, 15:10

It works

The Captain

Post by The Captain » Wed, 12. Jul 23, 04:49

-XeNoN- wrote:
Mon, 26. Jun 23, 15:10
It works
Well, yes and no.

I have it installed, and while pilots do bail from single seat craft now, the menus for the script don't seem to be available at all. The link to launch he config is there, but pulls up a blank screen instead of the variables that should be there.

The Captain

Post by The Captain » Thu, 13. Jul 23, 16:49

Small update to the issue:

I had forgotten that the script needed the JSON parser to work properly. Now that I have that installed for FL, the menus are all available and the script seems to be working properly again. That said, I did notice that the astronauts that bail from the big ships (TL and up) seem to not have a race assigned and default to being owned by the player, and as such aren't returnable to any stations, not can they be sold off as slaves. So there's that 🙂

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Sat, 16. Dec 23, 17:38

how did you get JSON to be loaded through the manager lite program? Mine wont load as it says its for TC only. I"ve extracted the script files to manually add them but I don't know if that is the best solution.

or is there a way for the manager lite to force the unpacking of the SPK.

lLongshanks
x3tc

Post by lLongshanks » Fri, 22. Dec 23, 14:23

Jonzac wrote:
Sat, 16. Dec 23, 17:38
how did you get JSON to be loaded through the manager lite program? Mine wont load as it says its for TC only. I"ve extracted the script files to manually add them but I don't know if that is the best solution.

or is there a way for the manager lite to force the unpacking of the SPK.
I used the d/l manager to install it. I got a pop up saying its is for tc but there is a little checkbox you can tick and then click install and it works for me.
Scripts I use.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”