Pandora crates. I am looking for a script.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Brinnie
x3tc

Pandora crates. I am looking for a script.

Post by Brinnie » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 16:05

I remember coming across a script that would let you pick up Pandora crates, I mean Engine Tunings and Rudder Optimizations, like cargo and then be applied to a ship of choice later on.

Am I imagining it? If it does exist is it compatible with FL and of course, where would I find it?

Agimar
x3ap

Re: Pandora crates. I am looking for a script.

Post by Agimar » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 16:11

It's a feature in the unofficial Patch 1.3.4..

You'll find it here. ;-)

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Wed, 8. Mar 23, 17:46

Agimar wrote:
Wed, 8. Mar 23, 16:11
It's a feature in the unofficial Patch 1.3.4..

You'll find it here. ;-)

I didn't know that but I did look at the patch with the intent of installing but if I am not mistaken it includes a fix that I would rather not apply, specifically the one to the apply loadout.
I am not ashamed to admit that I have just started using it, to the point that in the last couple of days it has been motivating my gameplay activities.

I should probably explain. I am talking about applying engine tunings and rudder optimizations (from the crates found in space) to a ship and then saving this ship to a loadout, so I can pass the improvements to other ships of the same type. In my mind I have gone into the "bringing custom prototype ships to the masses", if installing the patch would take this "bug" out of the game it would leave me at a loss right now.

I personally like to think of it as a Feature rather than a bug.

Anyway I thank you for your help, I ll take this over to the appropriate thread and see if I can use the patch without disabling/fixing this feature/bug.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Thu, 9. Mar 23, 14:38

I think I found it, closer than I expected, in the "[Index] Community Script & Mod Download Library for X3: Farnham's Legacy (X3FL)" viewtopic.php?f=201&t=436924#p5038513 "Pandora Tuning Ejector" by DrBullwinkle.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”