Looking for a script I used to use in AP

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Scoob
x4

Looking for a script I used to use in AP

Post by Scoob » Sun, 21. Aug 22, 00:48

Hey all,

I'm looking for a script I used to use back with Alibion Prelude and Terran Conflict back in the day. Basically, this script allowed me to set a hot key that'd cause an assigned ship to jump to a location, collect all loot, then return home. I think it also offloaded it too, back at home base if the home could take it. Great for a "loot" station or even ship, such as a TL. In additional to this, which I think might have been a separate script, it teleported dropped cargo aboard - basically beaming up anything within 5km or there abouts. Very very useful and no more faffing around In Sector with ships taking an age to line up properly in order to collect.

Now, years ago, I archived off all the scripts I'd used with the various X3 titles, along with a zipped archive of the installed folders (with no-steam / no CD .exe) so I could just copy them and play - along with all my mods - at will. However, going through that archive today - it's backed on on a separate PC - *DISASTER* it's all gone, I have nothing left to reference. Really don't know where it all went, but I just have empty folders. Really annoyed by that.

Anyway, I had been going through the various scripts I remembered and testing them in FL. I've done NPC Bailing Addon - working well - along with Marines repairs, which also seems to work.

So, if anyone can recall the scripts I'm talking about, I'd be grateful for the memory nudge. I never needed to remember stuff, as I was confident I had it all backed up. Guess something went wrong and the archives got deleted *sigh*

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Looking for a script I used to use in AP

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 21. Aug 22, 14:34

Maybe SpaceLootTransporter by Cadvan?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 21. Aug 22, 18:41

Thanks, not the one I was looking for but similar. With the one I previously used, there were no additional commands for the collection - just used standard Special > Collect Wares.. Still annoyed I lost all my backed-up stuff as it would have been easy to just find it.

Edit: I think it's this one:

viewtopic.php?t=122233

Just need to check... dead links unfortunately. Even more annoyed that all my archives vanished! I had *all* this stuff carefully backed up!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 21. Aug 22, 22:18

Probably, the X3TC from here though. ;) A file is available on xdownloads: [ external image ]

https://xdownloads.co.uk and https://web.archive.org/ are the best places to "hunt" for download links of old scripts and mods.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 22. Aug 22, 14:52

Thanks. I did actually find that link the other day, but kept getting download failed - it worked just now though. Gonna have a poke around those locations to see if there are any other missing gems I can add back in to my X3 collection... Did I mention I LOST EVERYTHING? lol.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 23. Aug 22, 21:07

Hi,

While I was able to download and install the Freight Transporter Upgrade script from the link provided, it relies on "EMP", which allowed the game to have extra wares back in the day. I found a link to this and downloaded, but things aren't quite right. While a new ware does appear, the name doesn't resolve. So rather than showing as "Freight Transporter Upgrade" at an equipment dock, it shows as "ZA_EMP_10063_WARE_CUSTOM1..." I assume there's more text I cannot read. It also adds a second ware "ZA_EMP_10073_WARE_CUSTOM3..." though I'm not sure what this is. The first ware, which I think is the new device, is just over 1m credits, the second is 392 credits.

I've tested it to see if the functionality still works, even if the name isn't resolved, but it does not appear to.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”