Mod to reduce hull repair cost / alternalte repair method?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Scoob
x4

Mod to reduce hull repair cost / alternalte repair method?

Post by Scoob » Thu, 18. Aug 22, 20:56

Hey all,

I'm currently playing FL, my first time in an X3 title in years. One thing that's a bit of a shock to the system after years of X4 are the hull repair costs. I'm getting ships to bail at low hull, but the repairs can often be close to the ship's NEW purchase price, which seems a bit nuts. I usually sell really damaged ships, but I've gotten a couple I'd like to keep, but it'd be many millions (ain't got the funds, early-game) or likely several hours with the repair laser.

Are there any (Mod/script) alternates to ship repairs other than a paid-for repair (too much!) or a Laser repair (too long) available?

Cheers.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Mod to reduce hull repair cost / alternalte repair method?

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 18. Aug 22, 21:07

for free repairs, once you have enough money you can just use the Drone Carriers in the game, the drones are all equipped with repair lasers and can repair ships and stations for free.

also note, you can use SETA in the spacesuit to increase the repair speed. Smaller ships shouldn't take long to repair fully at all, (M3/M4/M5)

The HQ can also repair ships, which is cheaper, but requires wares to complete

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 18. Aug 22, 21:12

Thanks for the tips, I'm a little way off getting a Drone carrier, but I will bear that in mind, hoarding ship in the meantime :)

I'd need to buy the SETA while docked in the Spacesuit for that, right? Or transfer it from another docked ship of mine while docked in the spacesuit.

I will have an HQ....one day...quite a ways off.

Note: I'm playing with NPC Bailing installed, but settings turned way down, so I'm encountering the odd free ship. I used to use Marine Repairs many years ago in X3AP.

Edit: Oh, I got into the Spacesuit to dock at a station to get SETA and I already have it! When I was repairing I could not engage SETA and use the repair laser at the same time, it never engaged.

Edit 2: It's working fine now, not sure what was disrupting it. I'm using KB + Mouse so it's not joystick drift or anything like that.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 18. Aug 22, 21:57

On an unrelated note - though I will need to repair it if I can get it to work - I've found a bailed Zephyrus, the perfect ship for carrying those claim M5-M3 bails. However, there appears to be no "Claim" option for it when in the spacesuit. I don't recall having issues with this class of ship previously. Is something different in FL vs. AP?

Edit: I must be remembering things wrong, or I had a mod that changed claiming. I'll just use Marines to claim the Neutral ship, in theory, as the ship is defenceless / neutral, I don't think it'll need many Marines at all. However, no one likes me enough to sell me Marines currently lol.

Scoob
x4

Re: Mod to reduce hull repair cost / alternate repair method?

Post by Scoob » Sat, 20. Aug 22, 12:39

I ended up testing Marine Repairs to see if that works in FL - it seems to be. Now I can deploy Marines - each with their own repair laser - to repair captures that way, plus they'll slowly repair any ship they are on. I bought a TM-class ship, added some Marines, and they'll slowly repair any M3-5 class ships that dock.

Regarding SETA and using the suit repair laser... It does seem somewhat inconsistent in that it will regularly insta-cancel SETA when starting to repair. If I start shooting first, then engage SETA it will almost always cancel right away, but engaging it again usually works by the second or third attempt. Dunno why it's flaky. The more reliable method is to line up ready, then engage SETA and only then start shooting, it's less likely to cancel that way. A minor quirk that can be worked around.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”