What part of the music algorithm can we alter without going modified?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

fireanddream
xr

What part of the music algorithm can we alter without going modified?

Post by fireanddream » Fri, 14. Jan 22, 14:24

I kinda like the random sector music except I always do a double take whenever the old AP albion sector music or something really epic plays in some random Teladi sectors. Also because hostile ship presence is much more frequent in FL, I kinda have battle music looping 24/7 and it really tires my nerve. How can I modify the music selection/algorithm without going modified?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: What part of the music algorithm can we alter without going modified?

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 14. Jan 22, 14:45

The only thing you can change about the music without going modified is the files themselves.
These are in the soundtrack directory

You cant change the algorithm that selects which file to play, as thats done in the MD, any changes to MD/Scripts require modified.
And the fixed soundtrack per sectors is done in the map, which requires both being modified, and a new start.

Basically, you can only do asset changes to keep non-modified

fireanddream
xr

Re: What part of the music algorithm can we alter without going modified?

Post by fireanddream » Sat, 15. Jan 22, 01:44

Cycrow wrote:
Fri, 14. Jan 22, 14:45
The only thing you can change about the music without going modified is the files themselves.
These are in the soundtrack directory

You cant change the algorithm that selects which file to play, as thats done in the MD, any changes to MD/Scripts require modified.
And the fixed soundtrack per sectors is done in the map, which requires both being modified, and a new start.

Basically, you can only do asset changes to keep non-modified
Thanks Cycrow, shame that the Terran sector music was my absolute favorite in AP in which I also fight the terrans for fun and that's why they get my adrenaline fire up lol.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”