[MOD] FLRGE - Realspace Galaxy Expansion for Farnham's Legacy (v 1.2) - 03/2022

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

daes1

Re: [MOD] FLRGE - Realspace Galaxy Expansion for Farnham's Legacy (v 1.2) - 03/2022

Post by daes1 » Tue, 17. May 22, 18:36

thanks for quick reply ill try galaxy editor love the mod btw looks really nice and feels huge map wise still tryna get the hang of FL dynamic reputation

alexalsp
x4

Re: [MOD] FLRGE - Realspace Galaxy Expansion for Farnham's Legacy (v 1.2) - 03/2022

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 18. Aug 22, 08:54

Will there be a version for FL 1.3.1 or will this version work? When will there be a version without cockpits? I don't understand why they are needed at all. 90% of players hate them... :gruebel:

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 22. Aug 22, 22:14

alexalsp wrote:
Thu, 18. Aug 22, 08:54
Will there be a version for FL 1.3.1 or will this version work? When will there be a version without cockpits? I don't understand why they are needed at all. 90% of players hate them... :gruebel:
There is a Ships_copy.pck inside the mod. Rename it to Ships.pck after having deleted the current one. This reverts back to NO cockpit, even if is missing the latest rebalancing I made to ships

Hariwulf
xr

Post by Hariwulf » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 14:15

Would it be possible to get a version focused only on the planets/ nebulas/ visual enhancements?
Hariwulf

sr.geekster69

Post by sr.geekster69 » Mon, 24. Apr 23, 20:24

Ok y'all don't laugh, this is my very first post in the Egosoft forums, :P and yet I've played X3 since the beginning of the X Universe, :lol: I love playing XRM the most, my biggest sticking point in even playing that version of X3AP is the dogone file size of the .sav files! And so here we go again, this really awesome expansion adds a whopping 4K to the .sav file :rant: We spend lots of time saving and reloading games all day long, especially if you play 24/7 like I do, taking time to eat and well maybe even sleep once in awhile. I totally love the expansion of your universe, all the awesome graphics and even the cool soundtracks. I've always loved the X Universe for all of its splendor insofar as the artwork, music and theming. I have a deep appreciation for so much of the scripting work that guys do, especially Cycrow! Cycrow is literally genius and I applaud him for even all in help in making Xenon and Paul Wheeler's XRM and FLXRM projects fly as well as they do. So I've tinkered with playing Farnham's Legacy for the last two years and finally embarking upon starting a new game from scratch and leaving my precious XRM empire behind. I thought I would give both the FLXRM and your expansion a try first and I think I've decided to stick with the original game with of course of all Cycrow's genius added in! All I wanted to point out to readers is that often times we have to pay a price for "nice" in this world and here, as nice as this expansion is, you pay a very high price for the size of your .sav files. If having your .sav files 4K heavier than usual does not matter to you, then by all means give this expansion a try! It's extremely nice in many regards and this decision of mine comes after much consideration of how I play the game. If you do try it out, I certainly hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Best regards,

Captain Steve

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 27. May 23, 10:33

My mod is an overhaul, can not be used together with others such as those you mention. If you know how to check, you can use only the graphic part of my mod and the rest from other mods. But that's not advisable.

Or you can try disabling any universe.xml from other mods so to keep my galaxy. Again, if you know how to do it. Big part of this mod is indeed the galaxy remake and the experience of such. Just give it a try then decide ;-)

Btw I've not updated the mod after 1.2. It should work nevertheless but just to inform

dragon0110
x3fl

Post by dragon0110 » Sun, 25. Jun 23, 16:05

But what is sad he Remove the Weapon Hud. than this was an nice option than i must not always use g for Weapons, and this Hud is really sadly Missing.

Jeremiäs
x3ap

Post by Jeremiäs » Sun, 9. Jul 23, 12:40

I am using this mod and how can i get to holy vision Alpha? Can't do the plot mission since i can't find a gate there.

stevecs
xr

Post by stevecs » Sun, 9. Jul 23, 23:29

Mod looks very interesting. Since it appears X3FL is still single threaded is there much of a measurable impact in performance (mainly dogfights/busy systems) with this opposed to native?

Muwulafraga

Post by Muwulafraga » Sun, 13. Aug 23, 16:16

Hello I have a long time with your mods it looks good if the positions of the quest objectives had been adjusted I struggled to finish this FL plots for the station and even worse I know if I was soflock for the pirates that I had to eliminate :lol:

stevecs
xr

Post by stevecs » Sun, 13. Aug 23, 20:30

Was wondering if there was a way to get this mod packaged into a spk or archive so it could be handled by Cycrow's plugin manager which just makes things so much easier when you're dealing with several different game worlds.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 15. Aug 23, 01:36

stevecs wrote:
Sun, 13. Aug 23, 20:30
Was wondering if there was a way to get this mod packaged into a spk or archive so it could be handled by Cycrow's plugin manager which just makes things so much easier when you're dealing with several different game worlds.
When installed on the desktop, if you check the boxes, 4 shortcuts are created, among them there is a tool for packaging in a spk file.

Package Creator

Muwulafraga

Post by Muwulafraga » Tue, 15. Aug 23, 18:25

hello I redid an installation to play with the mods to see if I was just wrong looking for the pirates of the Plots mission I have this problem at the start of each game which is that there are lots of xenon spawning where I beginning
Edit: excuse me I just did not see how to install the mod to remember :oops: :shock:

Strike-Météor

Post by Strike-Météor » Sun, 20. Aug 23, 22:45

I'm redoing the FL plot mission I may be going to look bad but it's super annoying the m3 pirates make me feel like I'm not there or they avoid me too well to find them I don't stop destroying that m4 pirates looks so much like a mod bug because without this one I finish in 10 minutes without too much hurry

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”