Debris cleaner script

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Midnightknight
x4

Debris cleaner script

Post by Midnightknight » Tue, 1. Jun 21, 10:53

Hi,

I'm playing a bit around with mobile mining and the few scripts allowing it and i have currently an issue if we can call this an issue.
Actually we have 2 scripts that mine resources in a sector, breaking rocks and taking up Ore/Silicon/Ice/Nividium while letting in place the "debris" aka rocks with nothing valuable inside. And i don't mind it's fine.

Then we have a script "Collect rocks" that won't break any big rock and will simply collect everything in the sector, and i'm more unsure about this one. Yes i know it's an old script from TC, that's not the question. Currently if we use this script it will collect minerals in a sector were you have actually other miners using the above scripts and it will collect their rocks and the "empty" ones, but will never unload anywhere, making it a bit useless. If you want it to collect debris to clean the sector and make it less dangerous to fly IS and also less laggy, it will at somepoint end up full and continue to fly around doing nothing.

So the issue is i'd really want to have an option to clean sectors from debris to make them a better place to live for AI with their hazardous path finding, or for your big ships to fly around. I remember a game in AP where i cleaned completely scale plate green with enough time and a few miners it was funny, but it was a modified game with a modified collect rocks script if i remember.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”