[Discussion] Generic X3FL S&M Questions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

RoastedCoala

Re: [Discussion] Generic X3FL S&M Questions

Post by RoastedCoala » Tue, 15. Feb 22, 09:03

Hi there! First of all, sorry for my bad English. :roll:

So, the reason I`m here is the dynamic diplomacy system. It basically stupid as it is now. Yeah, I know I could just turn it off via scripts, but that is not what I want. I have no intention to be a best friend to all of the races in space, I just don`t want to became hostile when I obviously should not.

You see, I am a pirate hunter. If, for example, I would do too many pirate hunting missions in a row for boron, those split would became hostile real soon. What the hell? I exterminate split foes (pirate) without demanding any reward from them. More, their enemy boron is paying for that, loosing economical potential. Why would split hate me for that? Why would split refuse selling me their goods, investing boron credits in their economics? Why would split attack me if I visit their sectors, instead of inviting me to do the same job I do for boron? :rant:

I really like the idea of loosing rep when you gain rep with enemy factions, but in this case isn`t it stupid?

The idea is simple: I want to reduce/remove negative impact on rep to any third race, hostile to employer race if target race is also hostile to that third race.

Is there any mod for this? Can I edit some values by myself to achieve the result?

Deniskos
x4

Post by Deniskos » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 03:16

And what exactly is the problem. Use diplomatic agents to influence the race you need.
The developers did a good job on this, for which a plus to their karma :x3:
I don't understand people who don't like it.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 11:32

It wouldn't really be possible to achieve something like that.

the current system simply responds to changes in notoriety, but it doesn't know the actual cause of that change, just the change itself. So you would have to rewrite the whole notoriety system and all the missions and mission system to allow for it.

if your only worry is not becoming enemies when you do a mission, then all you need to do is use agents to raise the ranks higher. The higher the rank, the more it'll take to move down a rank. So if you had all the foundation guild at rank 8-10 and the profit guild at 6-7 then it'll take several missions to even drop a rank.
The biggest issue is when they are in the neutral ranks, this is where their rank to can move quickly, as there's so little points between these ranks.

So the hire you are with Split, the less impact it'll have when doing missions for Boron.
It only really becomes tricky if you want to keep all sides happy (ie including pirates and Terran).
If you dont care about the Pirates and Terran, then it should be pretty easy to keep all the main races happy

RoastedCoala

Post by RoastedCoala » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 15:17

Ok. Got it.

Yeah, I`m aware it is possible to keep rep high by agents, or by alternating employers. That is not a problem. It just make me crazy :evil: when they hate me because of killing their enemies.

If impossible it is... let`s just add couple more strings into my "kill-em-all" list. :twisted:

We are not of those, who seek an easy path. ©

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 15:48

RoastedCoala wrote:
Thu, 17. Feb 22, 15:17
It just make me crazy :evil: when they hate me because of killing their enemies.
I keep reading this and I keep answering but somehow it doesn't translate. You get a rep hit to the enemy of the faction you increased rep REGARDLESS of why the rep increase happened in the first place. The reason is rather simple since the relations are mirroring relations not player action. What that translates is, Paranid like you more thus I like you less because I hate Paranid. Its not rocket surgery. :P

MFG

Ketraar

radon

Post by radon » Mon, 21. Feb 22, 06:00

Hi, can anybody tell me if it's possible to/how I can change the maximum/minimum account values for the 'auto money transfer to player account' command via a script? I can use start task/set script command to assign that command and a station manager, but I'm not sure how to change the max/min numbers for AMTPA.

Thanks. :)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 21. Feb 22, 21:05

Should be stored in a local variable on that station, 'transfer.values' iirc.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 21. Feb 22, 22:39

if you are running the script manually, then you can just pass the values as the arguments, the first is the Minimum value and the 2nd is the Maximum value.

radon

Post by radon » Tue, 22. Feb 22, 05:55

Thank you! Changing transfer.values works perfectly, I'm not sure about how to use arguments in this case though (although since I can use transfer.values this doesn't really matter), if I have two scripts like this-

//aa.radon.amtpa.1
$station = get global variable: name= 'radon.station.current'
set global variable: name= 'radon.amtpa.check' value=1
$station -> start task 11 with script aa.radon.amtpa.2 and prio 0: arg1=x arg2=y arg3=null arg4=null arg5=null
return null

//aa.radon.amtpa.2
$amtpa.check = get global variable: name= 'radon.amtpa.check'
while $amtpa.check == 1 ...
  $amtpa.check = get global variable: name= 'radon.amtpa.check'
  set script command: COMMAND_STATION_MONEYTRANSFER
  @ = wait 120000 ms
end
return null

-and I set x and y (if that's right), what else do I need to do? Sorry, I'm know I'm a bit slow.

Edit: actually I've just realised this doesn't work to assign either commands, they fill the station slots but don't actually have an effect

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 22. Feb 22, 11:33

No, that wouldn't work, as you are just running your own command script which isn't actually doing anything. You need to run the transfer script instead

Code: Select all

$scriptname = $station -> get command script: command=COMMAND_STATION_MONEYTRANSFER
$i = 11
while $i <= 20
  do if $station -> is named script $scriptname on stack of task=$i
     $station -> start task $i with script '!lib.interrupt' ...
  inc $i
end

$task = $station -> get next available task: 11
$station -> start named script: task=$task, script=$scriptname, prio=1, arg1={Minimum}, arg2={Maximum}, ...
set the {Minimum} and {Maximum} values to the ones you want to use.

The first part basically checks if the command is already running and stops it so you can start it again

NOTE: i wrote this from memory so the commands might not be exactly the same

radon

Post by radon » Wed, 23. Feb 22, 03:41

Does this look right? I can't seem to get it to work

$station = get global variable: name= 'radon.station.current'
$scriptname = $station -> get command script: command=COMMAND_STATION_MONEYTRANSFER
$i = 11 ...
while $i <= 20 ...
  do if $station -> is named script $scriptname on stack of task= $i
     $station -> start task $i with script !lib.interrupt and prio=1 : arg1=null arg2=null arg3=null arg4=null arg5=null
  inc $i =
end
$task = $station -> get next available task: starting= 11
$station -> start named script: task=$task, scriptname=$scriptname prio=1, 100, 200, null, null, null

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 23. Feb 22, 20:31

ok, looks like the get next available task wont work, as it wont find a task number below 30

$i = 10
$found.task = -1
while $i < 20
  if $station -> is named script $scriptname on stack of task=$i
     $station -> start task $i with script '!lib.interrupt' ...
     $found.task = $i
     break
  else if not $station -> is task $i in use
     $found.task = $i
  end
  inc $i
end

do if $found.task >= 10 AND $found.task <= 19
  $station -> start named script: task=$found.task, script=$scriptname, prio=1, arg1={Minimum}, arg2={Maximum}, ...
this will do the same thing manually

just note if all slots are filled then it wont do anything, but there currently isn't enough commands to fill all the slots anyway

radon

Post by radon » Thu, 24. Feb 22, 10:52

ah that works now, thanks that's great :)

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 20:54

How hard would it be make a mod to change the default setting for laser towers for "Show as enemy if enemy to me"? Or to add a toggle for this to the Global Commands menu? I have some modding experience with other games, but have no clue about FL so any hints on where to start would be welcome.

I've seen a lot of posts through the years where laser towers cause problems for people when they start vaporizing all ships from a faction because a hostile freighter flew by. It's a pain to flip this setting for each Tower and some people don't seem to know the setting exists.

eksha

Post by eksha » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 23:05

How can I change the mineral scanner range? Looking at the extracted globals.txt, it has two values that match the 10km radius - SG_SCANNER_RANGE_SHIP and SG_SCANNER_RANGE_STATION (both are set to 5000000, 5000000 / 500 = 10000m), but I just wanted to ask as there's a good chance people have figured it out ages ago and I don't need to start my trial and error session. Apologies if I use the wrong thread :)

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 08:25

If I don't remember wrongly it is hardcoded at 40km. I increased it in my mod, take a look at the global.pck. But I remember that no matter how high I put it the limit was 40km, which is quite enough even for big sectors

Curious Max
x4

Post by Curious Max » Thu, 9. Feb 23, 05:54

How to prohibit the disappearance of stations?

N8M4R3
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by N8M4R3 » Sat, 11. Feb 23, 16:37

Curious Max wrote:
Thu, 9. Feb 23, 05:54
By ...
  • Trading with stations which are not get supplied or where wares don't get bought from by the npc economy
  • docking a ship on such stations
  • adding a god factory removal exclusion
Neue Erweiterung für X3 verfügbar: Farnham's Legacy | +Optional: weitere Verbesserungen im inoffiziellen Patch v1.3.14 *** Modified*** :khaak: :thumb_up:
Diese Woche im Angebot: HUD-GUI-Mix (FL) | Text-DB 0001-L049 (FL) | Textkorrekturen & Verbesserungen (FL)
Weitere Veröffentlichungen hier: N8workX
Nützliches Tool für nicht mehr vorhandene Downloads: web.archive.org
Externes Archiv für MOD/SCR Ressourcen: xdownloads.co.uk | code.google.com/archive/p/x3tcscripts/

Curious Max
x4

Post by Curious Max » Sat, 11. Feb 23, 17:12

N8M4R3 wrote:
Sat, 11. Feb 23, 16:37
Curious Max wrote:
Thu, 9. Feb 23, 05:54
By ...
  • Trading with stations which are not get supplied or where wares don't get bought from by the npc economy
  • docking a ship on such stations
  • adding a god factory removal exclusion
I need a script that will disable this feature. Or how do I change the existing script responsible for dismantling stations?

N8M4R3
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by N8M4R3 » Sat, 11. Feb 23, 17:41

Curious Max wrote:
Sat, 11. Feb 23, 17:12
I need a script that will disable this feature. Or how do I change the existing script responsible for dismantling stations?
There's still an existing one "setup.x3fl.pck" where are still removal exclusions are set. There you can add more exclusions for other races which weren't set by now. That's still one of my ideas to test and release such a modified script but I haven't found any free time to have a look at it.
Neue Erweiterung für X3 verfügbar: Farnham's Legacy | +Optional: weitere Verbesserungen im inoffiziellen Patch v1.3.14 *** Modified*** :khaak: :thumb_up:
Diese Woche im Angebot: HUD-GUI-Mix (FL) | Text-DB 0001-L049 (FL) | Textkorrekturen & Verbesserungen (FL)
Weitere Veröffentlichungen hier: N8workX
Nützliches Tool für nicht mehr vorhandene Downloads: web.archive.org
Externes Archiv für MOD/SCR Ressourcen: xdownloads.co.uk | code.google.com/archive/p/x3tcscripts/

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”