X3 Guide, A complete Guide to everything

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bmarcus
x3

Post by bmarcus » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 00:04

Thank you for doing this, since the manual apparantly is lying about there being a tutorial or any sort of help for new players.

HINT: If you develop a REALLY SUPER complex game, go ahead and put in some sort of tutorial and training so that new player have some slim chance of actually enjoying your game.

Modigliani
x3

Post by Modigliani » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 00:10

Hahaha, how proud would I be if I could only claim to still have my buster. But alas, I have sold that one at the first instant. So I need two ships??? Hmmm, clearly something which I haven't thought through well enough. Ah well, I will first do the selling myself then.

But to answer your question, just started this afternoon. Sold my buster, tried the runs from your great manual :D and just bought my first farm.

Well, time to get back on the job then... Money needs to be made.

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 00:41

:lol: Thought so. I wouldn't of sold the buster!!!! I remmember doing the same on X2, and regreted it afterwards, it is a waste.
HINT: If you develop a REALLY SUPER complex game, go ahead and put in some sort of tutorial and training so that new player have some slim chance of actually enjoying your game.
By that I take it you mean Intergalactic Empires. On my last game I had 206 stations, dunno what you think of that. Whats good though is 150 of those were done in the same day....... EH???

You so like me when I start Bmarcus, don't worry, u'll create something fanatastic yourself I'm sure. It seems abit daunting at the start, and it is. But you soon get into it. I havn't played it very long and I have 42 stations.

If you really baffled like I was, do PM me, I'm more than happy to take you through everything and advise you on what to do next to get you started.

Modigliani
x3

Post by Modigliani » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 00:47

The reason why I sold the Buster is because, every time I decided to try and capture a ship, their captain decided that it was a better idea to die along with his ship rather than give it up. :evil:

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 00:54

Capping is slow to get into I know, but your Buster has other uses. For instance at the beginning my silicon mine was being attacked by a Khaak cluster. So if I was going to make any more money, I needed to get rid of it. Thus I jumped into my Buster and killed them all. You need Guns, thats why it's your starting ship!!!

SilverNixon
x4

Post by SilverNixon » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 13:48

Thanks alot Apocholypse (nice name btw 8) ) for the guide. I was lost in space but now i found my way.

A little question pls; after capping a ship, can you hire a pilot to fly it as your wingman.

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 17:29

No but the computer can fly it as your wingman :lol:

Just go to the command console and click asign wingman!

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 18:18

Meh. I hate the buster, 1st thing I did after mission 2 was selling it ;p

Maybe in 1.3 when they fix the models so it doesent look the same as the disco...

Anyway, id rather fly splt/paranid. :twisted:
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Sat, 12. Nov 05, 20:02

The Parinid M4/M5 is as ugly as sin.

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Mon, 14. Nov 05, 21:18

Don't suppose there's any additional information people want to know or that could be added to the guide?

vogelap
x3

Post by vogelap » Mon, 14. Nov 05, 22:43

Since you asked, yes... Here are some suggestions to improve a very good guide.

Your guide states that it is aimed at total newbies, so it would be useful to discuss HOW to accomplish certain things. For example, you instruct people to switch "from your Buster to your Mercury" but don't discuss how to do so.

I know that the manual has that information buried inside (the manual isn't very well-written or useful), but it would be better if your guide was a one-stop resource that a user could follow along during the critical 'getting started' period of the game.

Also, spell-check and grammar check your guide to make it more readable and professional.

Gimlis
x3

Post by Gimlis » Mon, 14. Nov 05, 22:58

Something I found but lacked the resources to take full advantage because I started on normal

Spoiler
Show

The Drone Factory in Red Light was near full and selling at close minimum
at the begining of the game
If I remeber correctly I was able to buy around 30 drones & made around 700cr per drone selling them in Argon Prime.
So keep an eye on the drone fabs theres alot of money to be made if you can catch one with full stores .
GL and have fun

Gimlis

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 23:35

Will do, and thx, and thx for the tip, might be an idea to stick that in somewhere, if you don't mind? Copyright and all that :) (@Gimlis)

Vogelap, will correct grammer soon :D

augustheat
x3

Post by augustheat » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 02:26

wow! i spent all day running energy around lol this is MUCH better!! tx!

MonarchX
x3

Post by MonarchX » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 02:33

How about the same guide but with addition to those who start the game with NORMAL MODE.

I got no mercry, and I got no 100K credits! I just have the buster, and 5K credits! I can't start ANY trade with that!

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 13:44

Absolutly, I working on my word document version and will post it when it's done :D

If you need any questions answerin in the mean time just post on this page and I'll answer any of your querie's.

MonarchX
x3

Post by MonarchX » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 13:58

You can look at my HOW TO START trade thread, lol...

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 15:25

Right I've read your thread MonarchX, cool neame by the way.
I know you don't want to start again, thats fine, though you would save alot of time plz note. But I will continue on the assumption that you are not going to start again.

[/spoiler]Now you can still get a frieghter, go to M Frontier (can't spell it so..) there is a Touchan next to an astriod way out of sector. Or you can search family Whi for a fully maxed Iguana, which you can both cap and trade with.
Spoiler
Show

But if you don't want to thats also fine. And you don't have 5000 credits you have 50,000! So you can trade in small quantities with your Buster.

(Credits to Gimlis)
The Drone Factory in Red Light was near full and selling at close minimum
at the begining of the game
If I remeber correctly I was able to buy around 30 drones & made around 700cr per drone selling them in Argon Prime.
So keep an eye on the drone fabs theres alot of money to be made if you can catch one with full stores .

Thats something to keep an eye on. Also satilite factories, if there on full by as many as you can take and sell them to a trading station and you'll make dead easy profit. This is also something to look out for in all race Home sectors.

A good way to make money in a buster is of course capping. Now I would go and hunt pirates but you don't have to cap them, if you do consider it a bonus for the time being. I suggest picking on weaker vessels like harriers or other busters and taking their freight. Then sell it at stations, if space fuel, sell it to Teledi or pirate bases. Also if you see other ships locked in battle, wait to one is defeated and then nick what ever debris there is. Scavenging is a dead easy way to make money, and if you find some missles, well...sorted! So be on the look out for goodies.

Now, putting Scavenging aside, capping. Whats the best way to do this?
Well I am far from an exspert at this, but I do have a few pointers. Now I have captured 15 ships so far, all of them by chance, as they just happened to be in the sector. Now I have found that the best way is to scare the hell out of the pilots, and to do this you need to do a quick opening run which takes down the enemies sheilds and damages their hull. 80% of the time they bail for me. Don't be stingy on the amount of damage your dishing them to try and conserve their hull strength so you make more profit, it just takes ages and they are alot less likly to bail. So give em hell is my advise to you. Also your more likly to get weapons intact if you do less hits and hit em hard, then picking away at them for a few millenia.

There is also another option, you can, not destroy but pick on local freighters, and hit them hard a few times and order them to drop their frieght, once they do this wait till they go and pick it up, then go and sell it and make some profit!

I add aload new stuff to my guide, and maybe exspand on what I just said, but for the moment this should keep you busy.

The Rogue Trader
xr

Post by The Rogue Trader » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 15:38

Don't suppose there's any additional information people want to know or that could be added to the guide?
I know silicon is probably the best earner in the game but for a guaranteed profit people could trade in manufactured goods, e.g. weapons, shields and tech with trading and equipment docks. Especially as most of the factories are full at the beginning of the game.

The Rogue Trader
xr

Post by The Rogue Trader » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 15:42

I know silicon is probably the best earner in the game but for a guaranteed profit people could trade in manufactured goods, e.g. weapons, shields and tech with trading and equipment docks. Especially as most of the factories are full at the beginning of the game.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”