Take it back for a refund!? Yer avin' a laugh, ain't ya?!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Fey_Null
x3

Take it back for a refund!? Yer avin' a laugh, ain't ya?!

Post by Fey_Null » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 07:34

I've been reading too many threads about people taking X3 back to the shop to get reimbursed "beacuase it's all Jittery!"... NO WAY!! WHY!?

Come on people! This is it!! X3! This game has already swallowed my mundane life and 'precious' time, there ain't NO way I'M taking it back! Have some faith in the programmers, just hang in there and be patient.. It'll pay off I just know it! Lady Fate will make it all better, wait and see..

Got PC problems? Have a tinker! I have looked into many, many, different ways of tweaking my system and graphics, I even bought more 512MB RAM just to help it along, and just by looking through this EXELLENT forum & links I am now able to blast through space, trading like a mo fo'!

Nice one Egosoft & Co! By your side as always - Fey_Null.

(System: Pentium IV 3GHz, 1GB RAM (2x256 MB, 1x512 MB), Nvidia 6800 GT, New Dedicated User Profile for offline gaming (Area 13!))
(Game: RES - 1024x768x32, Low Textures, Mid Shading, No checkboxes, played in a window)
(Accessories: Weed, Skins, Roach, Lighter, Hot cup of tea and biscuits!)
You don't need eyes to see... You need vision.

Da_Junka
x3tc

Post by Da_Junka » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 09:06

The only way they are going to get my copy of X3 back is from my cold dead hands.
~Intel i5 2500K ~ Nvidia GTX 670 ~ Z77 chipset ~ 16 gig Vengence ~Win 7 64bit ~

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 09:08

My shoulder and back has been hurting for days because i sat in my computer chair too long playing this game.

Im going to be forced to take a break soon for health reasons.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

suicidalfoetus
x3tc

Post by suicidalfoetus » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 10:14

I was temted to take the game back if I couldn't get it to run reasonably well from the outset, but now that I find I can run it I will be persevering wth the game.

However I would say that I am finding a lot of gameplay related bugs, that I would have thought should have been addressed before the game was released.

Knowing the stirling support Egosoft showed with the previous X games I will be sticking by them.

However while I wonder about the appearance of the 1.3 patch in mid November I have to wonder if we will have to wait for a 1.4 patch to address many of the issues raised since the release of the game.
May the wind be always at your back

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 12:56

It's not exactly technical support, is it?
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Opiate
x3

Post by Opiate » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 12:59

When all of your savegames get corrupted, taking the game back looks distinctly more interesting than you suggest.....

Waiting on patch 1.3 to see if they can restore them first, but otherwise its going back.

Dunners
x3

Post by Dunners » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 13:08

I went into McDonalds and asked for a Meatsteak Cahoona with some Spacefuel...

The assistant told me they only had Chelt meat......

Dunners

khawk
x3

Post by khawk » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 13:29

Well, I have still resisted the temptation to buy this game. Why:

No Cockpits
No mobile mining
SPP's looks all the same
Some gameplay issues that I have faith in will be corrected in the coming patches.

Don't take me wrong, I intend to buy the game. Just not now, I guess I will buy it when I see mods for download which bring back the cockpits and do really make the game better. I guess Mobile mining will be patched by Egosoft in a short time.
And then, I will be saving myself some money because when I buy this game, the price has most likely dropped.

Until then, I am happy with X2. Especially now that I upgraded my memory from 256 mb till 1 GB.

Duriel_LOP
x4

Post by Duriel_LOP » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 13:56

In real life space factories will be even more boring, they will be standardised, have no paint on them at all just so the managers save more pennies. Having said that it makes perfect sense that solar power plants look the same, I mean how many other ways that would work as efficiently be possible? not many, not only that but imagine the poor bugger having to redesign the same station 5 times >.< people still hung up about those cockpits huh? Oh well, like Brian of Nazareth said, you can't please everyone. Then the begger replies , thats just what Jesus said sir! :P
HAR HAR HAR, It be here!!!!

"There shall be wings! If the accomplishment be not for me, 'tis for some other. The spirit cannot die; and man, who shall know all and shall have wings..." - Leonardo da Vinci

kmurphy2
x3

Ships and contrails

Post by kmurphy2 » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 14:02

Oh come on, how can anyone not love this game? Even with some problems, it is the best space sim/strategy game ever. Sometimes while taking by puny Mako up against Split M3's I get caught up in just how good they look. The contrails spewing fire and black smoke (reminiscent of Firefly), the abused look of the paint, and the INCREDIBLE look of the ships. I don't know if it was a Falcon or what, but it had something like Chinese characters on the side, but it was the coolest thing ever.

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 14:18

khawk wrote: No Cockpits
You don't need cockpits.

I seriously don't miss them for half a second.

Hachiman
x3tc

Post by Hachiman » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 14:32

Dunners wrote:I went into McDonalds and asked for a Meatsteak Cahoona with some Spacefuel...

The assistant told me they only had Chelt meat......

Dunners
:D

Boron Burghers are buy 1 get 1 free at Burgher King!.....Even a Chelt is better than a 'big mac',they taste like chicken BTW...Boron taste like wet haddock :D
Kachi wa saya no naka ni ari
[Victory comes while the sword is[still]in the scabbard]

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 14:33

Da_Junka wrote:The only way they are going to get my copy of X3 back is from my cold dead hands.
Unless it never hits Canada and I come and kill you for it :roll: :twisted: 8)

Da_Imp
x3tc

Post by Da_Imp » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 14:34

Tsar_of_Cows wrote:
You don't need cockpits.

Its far better sitting on the hull, breathing fresh Nebulae :P

TerrorTrooper
x4

Post by TerrorTrooper » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 14:42

Tsar_of_Cows wrote:
You don't need cockpits.

agreed!! i was a sceptic at first...

but then i played X3..

and all of a sudden i dont see what all the fuss is about..

the majority of "lack of cockpit" complaints now are by people who havent played it yet..

Cadarn
x3

Post by Cadarn » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 14:44

I admit that I was initially gutted at how badly X3 chugged around on my fairly high spec (P4 3.2ghz, 1GB ram, Geforce 6600GT) machine.

After a bit of searching on here, I switched off Antialiasing, used Rivatuner to force my gfx card to run Pixelshader 1.4 (instead of the slooooow 2.0) and dropped my shading quality to medium.

My textures are still on high, I'm running at 1024x768 and things are MUCH smoother and faster. The game is now playable!

:)

Mikeydamob

Why im not buying X3

Post by Mikeydamob » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 15:39

First off I checked the forum rules ( http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=99003 )

[quote]1. Absolutely no one is to use abuse of a personal nature against another forum member. If you are offended by another users' post or conduct, try to contact that user directly to peacefully resolve the issue. In most cases a single PM can solve misunderstandings quickly. If you do not succeed, please contact a moderator for assistance.
2. Mild swearing is permitted. Minors do use these boards. Please bear that in mind. A 'swear filter' is in place on these forums, but users who consistently rely on it in their posts will be warned against doing so.
3. Images, links or any other content that other forum users may find obscene or offensive, will not be tolerated. This includes but is not limited to sexism, racism, incitement to violence and extreme religious and political views. Users breaking this rule will be dealt with severely.
4. Any form of commercial advertising will not be tolerated (except by us, obviously).
5. Any discussion or links to "Warez", illegal software or sites with content that is not in line with the law of the host country AND the posting country will not be tolerated. This is not limited to the X game series.
6. Spam will not be tolerated. Please also ensure that when posting a new thread, your topic title is relevant and not just an 'attention grabber' i.e. HELLLPPPP!!!!!
7. Signatures should total no larger than 600 pixels wide and 150 pixels high, including all images and text. This means you can have up to 6 lines of text maximum or an image up to 150 pixels high, but not both. Avatars are limited to 80 x 80 pixels. The total combined size for both signature and avatar should not exceed 50kb.
8. Images posted should not exceed 640 x 480 and 100kb in size
9. Discussion of any action taken by the site in relation to a user (i.e. a banning or a warning) is not permitted. This includes discussions about locked topics.
10. We have an excellent FAQ. You can link search here or perform a detailed search here. 'Bumping' (replying to a thread not discussed since a long time ago) of old or out of date topics is not encouraged.
[/quote]

So please make sure you dont get my thread locked and read this guys...

Anyway, I've been reading here and there about the game and it seems there are several problems with it that have convinced me NOT to buy it.

1.The savegame corruption bug.
Now theres no telling if this will pop its head up, even if the patch fixes it, theres no telling if it can come back and I dont want to spend weeks playing only to have to start again.

2.Low performance on high end machines.
It seems people with very high end hardware are getting very bad framerates, and the hud seems to be the general cause of it, but then again on other systems it doesnt. I think the game has been released with too many serious bugs to warrant even thinking of buying it before it makes it past what I would call "retail beta".

3.Starforce protection.
I've been reading from google that it can destroy your optical drives and theres certainly no shortage of stories of this happening. I myself installed a demo which I was unaware of having Starforce and since I did my system refused to work as it should (crashes ALL the time - none before, CTD with other games, slow reaction etc).

So theres my reasons, like I said before if you guys can check over the rules before posting as I dont think this should be locked.

Note to mods, if anyone does post anything thats against the rules could you please delete their post/warn them before locking my thread as the punishment shouldnt go over to me.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 15:43

delete their post
We don't delete anything, sorry.

I'll move this into one of the existing threads regarding purchasing and/or returning X, as we have plenty already :)
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Everyones Antihero
x3

Post by Everyones Antihero » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 16:26

im skeptical aboyut a lot of stuff in this game but by and large im satified.

im sure the rest will be patchjed and scripted to perfection in time.
My Artwork show reel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5R1J-_Byek
My website, click gallery for art:
http://www.richarddaborn.co.uk

DaveAshton
x3

Post by DaveAshton » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 20:09

The combat in the new game makes the old version feel like you're playing it on a 486. The momentum, inertia and the absence of collisions makes for much better dogfighting, but the real winner is when you combine that with the suped up graphics and the real VIOLENCE in the explosions with surround sound and the volume up. This game would get my absolute endorsement if egosoft would fix the bugs in it. Personally I feel that they have scrimped on the games testing, and in doing so have forced the general public to report the errors for them. Judging by the number of people who have returned the game, I think that that has cost them dearly. I only hope that the fool who made that decision loses his christmas bonus. (The frustration seems to have made me a little vicious)
Thanks for reading

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”