*SPOILER*Excel sheet with all the asteroids in the game (X³) updated for 2.0.x

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Merroc
x3tc

*SPOILER*Excel sheet with all the asteroids in the game (X³) updated for 2.0.x

Post by Merroc » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 23:42

**UPDATED FOR 2.0.x**

Well, well.. Logaan's script proved to withstand the test of time and the test of a new game :). Hence a somewhat faster creation of a nice big informative sheet. The one that contains all asteroids!! (and their locations).

I made some improvements as opposed to the X2 one (the one you non-dutchies will like is the total vanishment of the Dutch :P).

Now there are two pivot tables, one per type, the other per yield.

New in 1.4.03: A map of the universe with the average yield per asteroid type. (sum of all yields divided by the number of asteroids). To give an indication where you can find the best asteroids.

Be sure to check it out if you dont mind a *cough*small*cought* spoiler ;).

here it is (zip 145kb). Happy mobile mining!!

Note: the former versions are still on the server, find them in the parent directory of the file above.
Last edited by Merroc on Fri, 22. Feb 08, 23:37, edited 4 times in total.

Samata
x3tc

Post by Samata » Sat, 5. Nov 05, 00:11

Well done Merroc!

SoothSayer
x4

Post by SoothSayer » Sat, 5. Nov 05, 00:18

Thanks to all. This is awesome. Now if only there was a new universe map...

I'm willing to bet someone is working on that as we type.

Thanks again. rclloyd <----off to setup some mining.

RL

Jaagiis
x3

Post by Jaagiis » Sat, 5. Nov 05, 00:26

SoothSayer
x4

Post by SoothSayer » Sat, 5. Nov 05, 00:45

Jaagiis <---diamond in the rough. You're da man. Thank you!

RL

PS - and thx to Drow for creating...

willbevan
x3

Post by willbevan » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 20:57

<3 it :)

n1 sir :)
<3 my mamouth

Rakeris
x4

Post by Rakeris » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 03:44

Great job! This saves me a lot of time of scanning all the roids in the universe!!

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 17:10

Updated to match 1.3
(and added useless info and credits)
See original post

Skillers
x3tc

Post by Skillers » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 17:12

This is a great spreadsheet. Saves a lot of time.

Githyanki
x3

Post by Githyanki » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 17:12

Do yields affect mine's, or only mobile mining?

Skillers
x3tc

Post by Skillers » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 17:13

Higher yeilds are better for mines. Think it decreases production time.

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 17:17

Githyanki wrote:Do yields affect mine's, or only mobile mining?
If you look at the Complete sheet, you will notice that every asteroid with a yield of 25 or more hae a yellowish background, while everything less has a grey background. This is done to easily spot which asteroids are good to put a mine on, because a station requiring ore or silicon use the production of 1 25 yield (ok, some claim its 26) mine.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 21:50

Merroc wrote:
Githyanki wrote:Do yields affect mine's, or only mobile mining?
If you look at the Complete sheet, you will notice that every asteroid with a yield of 25 or more hae a yellowish background, while everything less has a grey background. This is done to easily spot which asteroids are good to put a mine on, because a station requiring ore or silicon use the production of 1 25 yield (ok, some claim its 26) mine.
For Ore, 25 is exactly sufficient, and for Silicon 25 is actually more than sufficient. More yield (and more crystal fabs) would be needed per SPP if there would be more than 100% sunlight anywhere.

See this for mine production math.

The point is, it is not a waste to build mines on low-yield asteroids. One such Mine L will not be able to support 5 weapon factories, as a mine on 25-yield would, but will support some, and a group of such mines will do the job. It just ain't integer addition, as the rest for complex matching is. :wink:

But a Q for mobile mining, how about all the smaller non-buildable roids added by 1.3?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 22:36

jlehtone wrote:But a Q for mobile mining, how about all the smaller non-buildable roids added by 1.3?
To be honest, i have no idea. I knew there was a change in the asteroids, so i just reran the script and modified what i got from it. I have in no way checked ingame to see the situation. But since the script was pretty accurate in X² and X³ (pre 1.3), i may assume its no different now...
Then again, it only returned two subtypes, while I know there are more (since you can break them up and all). That leads me to believe that the smaller ones arent in the list. But on the other hand, i have no idea whether the smaller ones are actually in the game, prior for some player to bust the bigger ones up...

Im sure someone can check this and report back here. Since I probably dont have time for that (nor have i played X³ in quite some while...)

If there are some errors, im all to happy to try and modify the script in such a way, that i contains the little ones too (if that can be done).

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sat, 31. Dec 05, 22:42

the 'other' 'roids are debris. At the moment the script editor cannot see them at all, I'm not even sure they're the same in each game.

RBBOT

Post by RBBOT » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 19:26

This is a great help. On minor request - it would be useful to have an extra column on the "complete" sheet to indicate it a sector was "core" or "border".

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Thu, 6. Apr 06, 02:06

further to this, having sector x/y coords on the "complete" bit would be good, especially for "unkown sector"s
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

DrVince

Coordonates?

Post by DrVince » Thu, 27. Jul 06, 21:03

How does the coordonates work? I know a sector goes from average -225,-225,-225 to 225,225,225. How does it relates to the huge numbers in the list?

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Mon, 21. Aug 06, 20:36

Sorry that i havent paid attention to this topic for the past 8 months. I was just looking to see why so many people are still downloading this file, while its included in the Complex Calculator too, and that one is a smaller download (because i didnt bother to zip this one). I was looking to disable the link and ask everyone to download the Complex Calculator.
However, first i would like to know why so many people are still downloading this file, is it because nobody stores it on their pc?

As for RBBOT and frymaster. I will look into it as soon as i look into the Complex Calculator again.

DrVince, the coordinates you see are in meters (e.g. 19057 in the list would be roughly 19km in the X3 ingame coordinates)

PS dont think i want to disable this link because i dont have enough bandwidth. Its just odd in my eyes. But I'll see what you guys have to say. Input please :)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 05:10

Merroc wrote:PS dont think i want to disable this link because i dont have enough bandwidth. Its just odd in my eyes. But I'll see what you guys have to say. Input please :)
If you need an alternate download site, there is a recent thread offering to host files, with several different offerer's in it. The OP said he did not have bandwidth issues, hence the offer.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”