X3 Profit Guild Guide to Opportunities for Profitssss

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pmg102
x3

Post by pmg102 » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 00:01

A little sneaky - but you can make stupid amounts of money from the Xenon invasion missions... Don't worry too much about the M3 and M4 fighters, just wait until the shields are almost down on the M2 (K) and then hit it with all you've got. If you're lucky enough to get the last shot on it, you'll bag about 5 million credits. (Tip: As soon as it is destroyed check in your personal stats to make sure it counted as your kill).

Sweet...

Da_Imp
x3tc

Post by Da_Imp » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 00:07

True, if you can find them... :x

aeons
x2

Factory Loops?

Post by aeons » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 08:44

Thanks for the tips on trading Tsar_of_Cows , i just made a few mil From attacking Pirates and from Sector Trading to get a few Wheat stations and a Solar Power plant XL , but i was wonding if you knew of anyway to make a Factory loop other then the complex System? I know that would work only in the same sector as the Wheat and Power Plants , I have a Wheat Farm in Home of Light & A Wheat Farm in Herron's Nebula, Along with 1 Solar Power Plant XL in Kingdoms end , but how do i make a Factory Loop to where my freighters will transport Ecells from my Power plant in kingdom End to the Farms in Home of Light and Herron's Nebula Automaticly ???????

P.S Im a total newb when it comes to Factory loops so any help would be much appreciated thanks.

C777
x3

Post by C777 » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 10:47

Just one quick question...

Are you guys using seller ships at all? In X2, you could place a Delexian Wheat farm and the Boron would buy at max price.

However, in X3, NPC fabs don't own their own ships. Logically, if you place a Wheat Farm in Boron space and sell at max price above 35Cr(which is the price listed on any Boron fab that wants it as a secondary resource), then traders won't come and buy. You'd have to set the sell price below 35Cr, right?

Also, Boron food fabs like Soja Husk as well.

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Re: Factory Loops?

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 14:53

aeons wrote:Thanks for the tips on trading Tsar_of_Cows , i just made a few mil From attacking Pirates and from Sector Trading to get a few Wheat stations and a Solar Power plant XL , but i was wonding if you knew of anyway to make a Factory loop other then the complex System? I know that would work only in the same sector as the Wheat and Power Plants , I have a Wheat Farm in Home of Light & A Wheat Farm in Herron's Nebula, Along with 1 Solar Power Plant XL in Kingdoms end , but how do i make a Factory Loop to where my freighters will transport Ecells from my Power plant in kingdom End to the Farms in Home of Light and Herron's Nebula Automaticly ???????

P.S Im a total newb when it comes to Factory loops so any help would be much appreciated thanks.
Sorry for this rediculously late reply!

However, I don't think you can really set up a loop over sevral sectors, unless you set up a "closed loop" where you only allow the factories to trade with your own factories and set the jumps for their freighters to the amount required to reach te other factories.

THough IMHO you're just as well to have them trading with the AI, especially that SPP XL - It'll have way more ECells than your other factories can eat up.

Apocholypse
x3

Post by Apocholypse » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 16:37

Well you can alter prices so they only go to your factory's and thus doing so you can make a cost less loop just like complex's but you just have to stick in a few million to start it off and maybe energy cells. However I think this will change in the patch either 1.3 or 1.4 just like it did in X2 with SDD software which was a great idea so always something to look out for when the patches are released.

A_Sebastian
x3tc

Post by A_Sebastian » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 04:01

You need to fix the Boron Space section. It is the Bio Gas Factories that use Teladianium, not BoFu. BoFu uses something else, I think it is Stott Spices or Soja Husk. Once you figure out what that something is, it would also turn a great profit as it is not a Boron product.
Veni
Vidi
Vici

Fiatil
x3

Post by Fiatil » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 03:39

Just thought the topic deserved some more recognition. Have this guide bookmarked, I love it so.

ajw2255
x3

Post by ajw2255 » Sat, 10. Dec 05, 21:12

Teladianim in Kingdom End along with my SPP make a nice profit. Not in a complex though. Theres a Crystal Fab in KE an Rolks drift and the 4 Bofu/Bogas not sure which need the Teladanium as a secondary resource.
Destroy the mothership and the cards will fall like a stack of dominoes. Checkmate

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 18:19

Secondary Resource bit added on request from Capt. Scarlet.

Hope it's helpful. ;)

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 19:55

Tsar_of_Cows, the Pirate base in Atreus' Clouds which is only 2 sectors west of Herron's Nebula also buys Space Fuel, if you want to append that to your Space Fuel section in the guide.

[Edit] just for confirmation, they buy it at the 1252 credits which is full price.

The Rogue Trader
xr

Post by The Rogue Trader » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 12:10

Thank you. :wink:

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Fri, 16. Dec 05, 21:52

DrunkenPirate wrote:Tsar_of_Cows, the Pirate base in Atreus' Clouds which is only 2 sectors west of Herron's Nebula also buys Space Fuel, if you want to append that to your Space Fuel section in the guide.

[Edit] just for confirmation, they buy it at the 1252 credits which is full price.
Okidoki, I'll add that. :)

Torias
x4

Post by Torias » Thu, 29. Dec 05, 23:57

2 Questions:

1: Has Teladi space gotten any safer since the guide has been written and subsequent patches have gone into effect?

2: Are lasertowers viable defenses for factories in X3? I recall they only got to be any good in X2 after the last patch...

illum_inati

Post by illum_inati » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 12:01

Thanks alot for this good post mr Tsar. I thought I'd contribute some with my good profitmakers.

SplitSpace: The Family Njy system is awesome for selling Nostrop oil and is by far my most profitable system.

Most factories around there have Nostrop as secondary resource and I presently have a complex of 2 Large Flowerfarms and 2 Large Sunrise oil farms pumping out oil constantly in Family Njy. It's a pain getting the Teladi farms there though. If you don't have your own TL, make sure to guide the NPC TLs so they dont go through the Xenon sectors. Give them partial routes up to Family Whi and then East from there into Family Njy.

I use 1 Caiman Superfreighter L together with the Station manager script (awesome script) so it just manages the complex alone with no problem. Good profitsss :)
Thargoid pwnage, omgyarrr!

Torias
x4

Re: X3 Profit Guild Guide to Opportunities for Profitssss

Post by Torias » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 07:35

Tsar_of_cows wrote:Delaxian Wheat Complex - Omicron Lyrea
There are numerous Cahoona bakeries in the surrounding systems, yet only 1 wheat farm, also, there is plenty of cheap energy cells available from Circle of Labour. I have two Wheat farms linked into a complex, with Mercury Haulers buying ecells at 16Cr and selling wheat for nearly maximum price. This location is a winner!
I went ahead and set up a wheat farm M in omicron lyrae (after 4 hours of flying there from Teladi Gain @_@), but it's saying the nearest source for Energy Cells is 7 jumps away, I.E. Cho's Defeat! :cry: And I can't seem to find any SPP's in Circle of Labor yet.. :'( What gives? Am I missing something here? :cry:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 11:08

NPC Stations do die ... both accidentally or by the enemy.

illum_inati

Post by illum_inati » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 13:27

Torias wrote:I went ahead and set up a wheat farm M in omicron lyrae (after 4 hours of flying there from Teladi Gain @_@), but it's saying the nearest source for Energy Cells is 7 jumps away, I.E. Cho's Defeat! :cry: And I can't seem to find any SPP's in Circle of Labor yet.. :'( What gives? Am I missing something here? :cry:
I noticed that too. The AI destroys the SPPs in both COL and the Scale Green systems but after a while they are back. Try flying through the sectors in question too since for me, they disappear from map when destroyed but they don't reappear until you "re-discover" it. I had to fly through COL to see the stations again, but if they are not back yet, that's a bummer...

If you install the station manager script, your haulers will buy jumpdrives and use them for faster resource supply and product distribution so you should be fine then too until the SPPs get rebuilt. :thumb_up:
Thargoid pwnage, omgyarrr!

Cucumber King
x3

Post by Cucumber King » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 15:45

illum_inati wrote:
Torias wrote:I went ahead and set up a wheat farm M in omicron lyrae (after 4 hours of flying there from Teladi Gain @_@), but it's saying the nearest source for Energy Cells is 7 jumps away, I.E. Cho's Defeat! :cry: And I can't seem to find any SPP's in Circle of Labor yet.. :'( What gives? Am I missing something here? :cry:
I noticed that too. The AI destroys the SPPs in both COL and the Scale Green systems but after a while they are back. Try flying through the sectors in question too since for me, they disappear from map when destroyed but they don't reappear until you "re-discover" it. I had to fly through COL to see the stations again, but if they are not back yet, that's a bummer...

If you install the station manager script, your haulers will buy jumpdrives and use them for faster resource supply and product distribution so you should be fine then too until the SPPs get rebuilt. :thumb_up:
Same Happend to me!

I wanted to build my wheatfarm there, but first I checked out C of Labour, and it had 3 Kha'ak capital class ships roaming in side of it!

No, thank you! :P

Radio Star

Post by Radio Star » Sun, 1. Jan 06, 15:57

The best mid/late game complex I've set up so far is a Nostrop Oil complex in Empire's Edge. There's a ready supply of energy to be had for cheap and you will never, ever, ever run out of places to sell to. I've found that larger complexes tend to saturate the market pretty quickly forcing you to spread out and making defense harder, but my 10 L Nostrop Oil refineries in the complex have not even begun to dent the local market as of yet.

I eventually added a SPP loop to the complex (very easy since you've already got the nostrop lying around - just tack on the crystal fabs and set a transport to pick up silicon from Emperor Mines)

It also goes a long way to speeding your access to the beauty that is the GPSG.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”