X3 Video Clips (Last UPDATED: Nov. 10, 12:15PM[GMT-6])

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

youki
x3tc

Post by youki » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 13:16

Another fly by of the Paranid Hercules (10.89MB).

@Sandalpocalypse, I guess X3 is the type of game that either works wonder or doesn't work at all and I'm the lucky one. It settled on my computer nicely. I set FRAPS output folder on a seperate hard drive. So less interference with the game loading.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 14:00

Just watched the first clip and wow.

Just some notes tho.

1. Same x2 music :?
2. All that firepower shooting at that ship and it lived for that long what on earth saved it :?
3. Does the game have any weapons that look different compared to just laxzer bolts like that, as all i see are same weapon just different colours lol which kinda sucks looking.
4. The manovers that ship were doing was cool i mean alot of drifting which looked damn awsome. :)
5. Nice to hear some devnet ideas got in the game, with the missile warning beeps, i posted i think. :)

Gona watch some more now cheers dude for the clips. X3 may not be X2 in gameplay but the battles look alot cooler i gotta give them that.

EDIT_-

Just watched 2nd clip of the spp. Very nice station but wheres the other ships to make the universe more populated? Also do you like the stationary model of the ship fixed in that position instead of what i thought would be better if they made it swerve when u move, like if u wanted to go up then the nose of the ship would rise instead of the whole model and fixed camera just rotate the view up. Just that it looks very stationary the way they did it.

Oh im gona watch more but if there isnt a internal cockpit view (u know the weird new one they did) can you do one if u havent allready? Wouldnt mind seeing how various ships fly in that view.

Starfire13

Post by Starfire13 » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 14:16

Oh wow!!!! Just.. awesome... Thanks so much for making those clips!

May I request for a clip or two of Boron ships? I just love those. :D

youki
x3tc

Post by youki » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 15:23

Skeeter wrote: 1. Same x2 music :?
2. All that firepower shooting at that ship and it lived for that long what on earth saved it :?
3. Does the game have any weapons that look different compared to just laxzer bolts like that, as all i see are same weapon just different colours lol which kinda sucks looking.
4. The manovers that ship were doing was cool i mean alot of drifting which looked damn awsome. :)
5. Nice to hear some devnet ideas got in the game, with the missile warning beeps, i posted i think. :)
  1. There're quite a lot new soundtracks for X3. It depends on the sector you're in.
  2. I was evading as much as I can and not trying to fire back on any ships. I did that deliberately to make the clip long enough to show the new flight model.
  3. Yes, there're other weapons with different effects. I haven't got my hand on them yet.
  4. The drifting feels as good as it looks. :wink:
  5. A lot of the ideas posted on the idea forum in devnet made it to the game, as far as i can tell.
Skeeter wrote:Just watched 2nd clip of the spp. Very nice station but wheres the other ships to make the universe more populated? Also do you like the stationary model of the ship fixed in that position instead of what i thought would be better if they made it swerve when u move, like if u wanted to go up then the nose of the ship would rise instead of the whole model and fixed camera just rotate the view up. Just that it looks very stationary the way they did it.
I agree with you here. Some animation here would make the motion more noticable and dynamic. As for the ship traffic in the sector. It's much better represented in X3. Instead of tons of TLs, they're replaced by superfreighter now. If you remain docked in the station, you'll see them come and go.
[ external image ]

There're also a lot of civilian ships moving around the sector.
[ external image ]
Skeeter wrote:Oh im gona watch more but if there isnt a internal cockpit view (u know the weird new one they did) can you do one if u havent allready? Wouldnt mind seeing how various ships fly in that view.
I made quite a few clips. I just have to wait and upload them to the fileserver, which takes forever. My internet connection has the cable download speed, but they upload speed sucks. :cry: I'll make one with all the HUDs later today.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 15:54

Thanks for the reply dude its appreciated. :)

EDIT-

:lol: Paranid Funeral Director, ship on that 2nd screenie hehe. Looks like theres a ship for everything in x3 now :D

raton
x3tc

Post by raton » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 16:33

Oh my god ! The first clip is really cool ! I can't wait to receive it !
"Dans la vie il y a ceux qui ont un flingue chargé et ceux qui creusent.
Toi tu creuses"

youki
x3tc

Post by youki » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 17:02

Starfire13 wrote:May I request for a clip or two of Boron ships? I just love those. :D
Noted and posted. Check out the main page of this thread. Boron ships and some other additions. :wink:

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 17:48

I can not play any of these clips. I have Media 10 and whenever I try to play one, it keeps saying I need a codec. I don't know which one to get. Anybody know?

monoxism
x3

Post by monoxism » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 18:08

Sandalpocalypse wrote:I am impressed that you are able to get such a good framerate with FRAPS going.
Ditto. Then again, look at those specs.

youki
x3tc

Post by youki » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 18:15

Stu Austin wrote:I can not play any of these clips. I have Media 10 and whenever I try to play one, it keeps saying I need a codec. I don't know which one to get. Anybody know?
I encoded them with divx codec. If you don't have it, you can download it at http://www.divx.com. You just need to free version to view them.
monoxism wrote:
Sandalpocalypse wrote:I am impressed that you are able to get such a good framerate with FRAPS going.

Ditto. Then again, look at those specs.
Acturally, fps reported by FRAPS is only between 15-20, but again, as you can see, the game plays out smoothly. I suspect FRAPS are not reporting the correct fps here.

monoxism
x3

Post by monoxism » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 18:23

Sure as hell looks like it. 15 FPS in my book looks nothing like that.

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 20:21

Thanks Youki. I downloaded the player and it works great!!!!! :D

Ecthelion
x4

Post by Ecthelion » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 20:35

Well he has a monster rig (although he should upgrade his sound to the latest SB card to match the rest of the system). If he can't run FRAPS with a good framerate, nobody can.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 20:53

more movies :P

Antirrhopus
x3

Post by Antirrhopus » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 21:17

Nice videos! And to me, not getting hit alot in these videos is not discouraging.

The basic rules of combat manuevering in relation to anit-aircraft is to never fly in a straight line. Gunners can only anticipate where you're going to be, you throw in a 90 degree turn, of course they arent going to hit you. I noticed in one of the videos, as soon as you flew straight you got lit up, as it should be.

Again, nice videos. :D

perry_106

Post by perry_106 » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 21:44

Cool vids!

since they screwed up the U.S. release of the game (no one knows when its coming in) we can at least pretend we got the game *Moves joystick to match the screen) yaay this is fun!

BaronDeKalb
x4

Post by BaronDeKalb » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 23:22

thanks youki.....

that must have taken quite a while to do all that.....

hats off....and bows all round.... :clap:

you really shoud be in pr dude, someone should hire you right quick....

:BUMP:

youki
x3tc

Post by youki » Sat, 5. Nov 05, 04:55

BaronDeKalb wrote:

thanks youki.....

that must have taken quite a while to do all that.....

hats off....and bows all round.... :clap:

you really shoud be in pr dude, someone should hire you right quick....

:BUMP:

The game speaks well for itself. :wink:
For all the space fans, it'll fit well in your collection.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 5. Nov 05, 05:47

With fraps pro I'm getting 25fps on full graphical settings. Yes I am amazed and I am now determined to make a feature film consisting of nothing more than flybys and maybe more flybys :mrgreen:

Actually I can't be bothered (yet) because the game is too much fun to do anything but play.

Awesome clips btw. I love em and thank you for making the effort :thumb_up:

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sun, 6. Nov 05, 08:20

Nice but post more movies and bigger movies :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”