X3 Guide to configuring your weapons

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pixel
x3tc

Post by pixel » Mon, 14. Nov 05, 21:06

X-it wrote:Thanks for this! Just what I was looking for, and I actually found it on the search page (20 most popular under 'Weapons').

I saw in the manual as well that grouping weapons could only be done while docked, but apparently it's the opposite.

Cheers!
:) you can also change your weapons whilst undocked (i.e. move them about/replace them with others)
"I find your lack of belief in the Three Dimensionality disturbing." Mercenary

"So getting this chick back is more than just getting a chick back. It's the concrete manifestation of an abstract policy goal. And we like concrete - right, Vic?"

Red wine...the only way to frag

Michaeannon
x3

Re: X3 Guide to configuring your weapons

Post by Michaeannon » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 09:17

pixel wrote:To the left of each weapon icon you will see 4 bars. Hover your mouse over the bars, they will get bigger. each bar represents slots 1 to 4, from left to right.
Okay, I'm obviously being stupid here. Tried this 12 times last night, but I can't find the screen that shows the weapons like this - the one on page 20. How do I get there? In commands of one syllable (or less) please...

Michaeannon
x3

Post by Michaeannon » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 09:52

Afterthought: Maybe I should explain what I'm trying to do. I've got a Mercury with a rear turret, a BIRE and a mass driver. I want to have one on "1" and the other on "2".

Hoops71
x3

Post by Hoops71 » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 10:04

Whats that symbol under the auto aim button? Its a green downward pointing arrow with a gray line underneath it. :?:

jlfrank68
x3

Post by jlfrank68 » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 11:15

You can select which weapons fire for each of the 4 load outs in space as has been mentioned earlier in this tread by Pixel (Nice work explaining it, much better thant the manual :wink: ).

As far as changing lasers in stations this only refers to which weapns pylon the laser is mounted on e.g inner or outer. So if you had an Argon Buster you could have your AIRE's on the outer pylons APAC's on the inner pylons and BPAC's under the cockpit. Or whatever setup you prefer.

Hope this helps.

Michaeannon
x3

Post by Michaeannon » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 13:21

I think I might be beginning to understand that what I'm trying to do is impossible: You can only allocate installed weapons to key functions. As I can only install one weapon to the turret on my Mercury, I'm trying to do the impossible by setting up one to the BIRE and one to the Mass Driver. Is this right?

willbevan
x3

Post by willbevan » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 23:05

just wanted to say i loved the way that was written :)
<3 my mamouth

Master Merchant
x3

Post by Master Merchant » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 23:28

As do I... in fact....*pulls out a keg of argon whiskey from under the seat of his mercury* Have this full one on the house those police never think to scan the cockpit so thats where I keep all my brew thats worth something *removes a hip flask and swigs down alittle of a foul smelling brew and shudders* oooh fresh grog, battery acid hasn't even started to eat the lining of the flask yet...well gotta go oh and heres a recipe for grog *hands over the monkey island recipe for Grog* latery matey and don't get caught.
If it makes money, do it...if its illegal...don't get caught. Freelancer
*Dons Flame-Retardant suit and grabs a Bio-Force Gun 9000* Now will the next Flamer please Step up and make my day. (Egosoft Forums after Late Night Doom 3)

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 23:07

Good thread Pixel, I was wondering how you did this and set up the weapon groups. :)

D_Katz

Post by D_Katz » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 18:15

Cool , now I know too - did not understend all thouse icons ...

swJawa
x2

Post by swJawa » Tue, 14. Mar 06, 19:39

I installed following lasers to my Argon Nova Raider:
12- - Alpha HEPT
12- - Alpha PAC
12- - Alpha PAC
12- - Alpha PAC
12- - Alpha PAC
12- - Alpha HEPT
- 23- Ion distruptor
- 23- Ion distruptor
If I press 3 and only Ion distruptor fires, all lasers lose energy
and if I press 1 and only HEPT and PAC lasers fire Ion distruptors lose energy too.
What's wrong?
Anyway, I am using version 1.3.2

Zileene
x3tc

Post by Zileene » Tue, 14. Mar 06, 20:52

peterfaj wrote: If I press 3 and only Ion distruptor fires, all lasers lose energy
and if I press 1 and only HEPT and PAC lasers fire Ion distruptors lose energy too.
What's wrong?
Anyway, I am using version 1.3.2
All lasers draw their energy from the same energy bank, which is displayed under the weapons, not separate banks for each weapon, as the graphic might lead you to believe...
We may need to modify the expected collision between our galaxy and Andromeda...
Everyone lean left.

Lurker Extraordinaire.

Make Good Art

Kraznor
x3

Post by Kraznor » Tue, 14. Mar 06, 21:11

Michaeannon wrote:I think I might be beginning to understand that what I'm trying to do is impossible: You can only allocate installed weapons to key functions. As I can only install one weapon to the turret on my Mercury, I'm trying to do the impossible by setting up one to the BIRE and one to the Mass Driver. Is this right?
This is correct. You can only have 1 weapon installed in your turrent, and cannot change it out without opening up the cargo bay screen.

The weapons switchout people are talking about is for FIGHTERS where you have 6-8 weapons installed, and can bank them to only fire 1, 2, 3, 4, etc of them.
Nyax wrote:The dummies guide to energy weapons, and what you can expect if shot by them-

Red/Orange- Stop it! That Tickles.
Blue- Ouch! That Stings.
Green-AHHHH! it burns, it burns!
White- and i'm dead.

borkabrak
x3

Post by borkabrak » Tue, 9. May 06, 00:08

Sorry to revive a months-old post, but it seems the proper place to put this.

It seems there needs to be some clarity regarding what you can do with your weapons configuration in space versus what you can do with it while docked.

As far as I can tell:

While docked on a station, you can add/remove weapons from their slots and change the weapon in each slot. You can not configure what weapons are associated with the 1-4 'hotkeys'.

While in space, you can change the hotkey associations, and you can change what weapon appear in each slot, but you can't REMOVE a weapon from its slot. This has the consequence that, if you have exactly as many weapons as you have slots, you can't actually move one weapon to another slot because it can't be 'freed' from the one it's already in.

This seems to be how it works for me, but the logical justification of doing it this way completely escapes me. Doesn't changing the weapon in space imply that I have first removed it? Why can't I therefore remove a weapon from a slot without replacing it with something else? What is there about being in space vs. being in a station that makes this logical?

Any ideas?
--
Space is big.
-Douglas Adams

yuna12

Post by yuna12 » Mon, 7. Aug 06, 19:56

?? why can't i see anything?

kujahn
x4

Post by kujahn » Tue, 19. Sep 06, 17:00

Thz Pixel!!
I'm a real noob, and u were the 1st to give me that obvious stuff, and I liked it too *hick!* ALOT!

:D

pixel
x3tc

Post by pixel » Wed, 25. Oct 06, 19:17

kujahn wrote:Thz Pixel!!
I'm a real noob, and u were the 1st to give me that obvious stuff, and I liked it too *hick!* ALOT!

:D
glad to see this is still helping all you pirates out there :wink:
"I find your lack of belief in the Three Dimensionality disturbing." Mercenary

"So getting this chick back is more than just getting a chick back. It's the concrete manifestation of an abstract policy goal. And we like concrete - right, Vic?"

Red wine...the only way to frag

jackleonfraust
x3

Post by jackleonfraust » Wed, 25. Oct 06, 21:00

Most of my loadouts are pretty good (and pilots tend to bail rather quick)

use a range of weapons (say heavy fighter) to cover the entire area in front

Hepts (2)
APacs (2)
BPacs (2)
and
either Mass Drivers or BIres (2)

1) ALL ok with shot control (no area coverage)
2) Medium range- pac's and IRE/MD
3) short range or bombing (depends on ship im in)
4) saftey (to avoid damaging docks)

full power widens the "sweet spot" and gives a neat Punch to heavier targets.

Medium gives extra shots for regular fighters that are hard to hit

Light are for hammering hulls to extract pilots

hope it helps.

elwayno
x3

Post by elwayno » Thu, 26. Oct 06, 16:05

ive hepts and ires on my centaur
hepts r for bigger fighters and ires lil cute scouts
ive never had a problem with energy due to auto aim and hepts killing m3s in seconds and ires have no drain on my centaur(machine gun effect on scouts)0
Always one eye on the scanner and a missile ready for when its my turn to fight. khaak keep coming and i keep blasting. Thats how to survive.

bucketofmayo
x3

Post by bucketofmayo » Mon, 15. Jan 07, 00:05

Very confusing guide hur hur. :?
PROUD MEMBER OF THE HEADCRAB UNION
[ external image ]

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”