X3 Players Guide (Updated 10 Jan 06)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Wed, 2. Nov 05, 18:24

More or less yes mate, that or capping is a good route for normal dif.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Wed, 2. Nov 05, 20:54

Well I did two small battles with pirates. My force is compraised of a Argon Buster with 4-BIREs&2-BPACs and two Discos with 6-AIREs for backup. One battle was last night verses 2xPirate Harrier and a Pirate Harrier Hauler. I had my wingman go after the Hauler and after 5 minutes of combat going no where, I helped my buddys with my BPAC weapons, but by then I spent all my energy so I couldn't just release a fast stream of BPAC power... after the Hauler fell and one of his buddys fell me and my wingmen went after the last one. The combat with the last guy took 10 min or so for some reason, which was longer then the other two combined. After we took that guy down we went North, docked with a Boron Trading Station and called it a night.

Today I undocked, went North one more sector and got to a Boron EQ, got some missiles and started to head for The Wall to pick up some ECs for my next plot mission. When I was going south out of the sector that I picked up the missiles in, two Pirate Harrier Haulers and a Pirate Harrier came up on scanner. Thinking "why not?", me and my wingmen went after them. Sense the Haulers were slower then my Buster we caught up. And using my 2xPACs only I killed them all easily.

What was the point of telling this story? I didn't get any caps. :'( Oh well, currently I'm in The Wall and just got some ECs and going to do the next plot mission... maybe I'll cap something on the way?
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

MightyTiger
x3ap

Post by MightyTiger » Wed, 2. Nov 05, 21:52

Galaxy613 wrote:
What was the point of telling this story? I didn't get any caps. :'( Oh well, currently I'm in The Wall and just got some ECs and going to do the next plot mission... maybe I'll cap something on the way?
You're gonna hate this then. First pirate, first fight, first cap! :D
Only a Harrier tho, no equipment to speak of. Couple of Weapons I think.
Damn fool astronaut tried to get back in as well. Soon put an end to that malarkey. :twisted:
I don't apologise for anything! I'm sorry, but thats the way I am.

bluey222
x3

Post by bluey222 » Thu, 3. Nov 05, 01:28

Is there a thread just on capping ships?

My first try: I capped a Vanguard. Moved very close to it in my buster. Ejected (I assume you have to do this to cap ships?) Claimed it. Returned to my Buster. Gave a direction for my newly capped Vanguard to dock at the trading station .... bang! Both ships blew up.

Apparently, the docking AI on ships is stupid!!!!

Took me another 10 goes to cap a Vanguard, which I sold for 40K. I was praying all the way that I would not get a CTD!!!

darkfireeye
x3

Post by darkfireeye » Thu, 3. Nov 05, 10:01

Well hope it is the right thread to ask ;-) ...
I started of at normal and have now as total newbie achieved to get a Mercury Tanker.
Spoiler
Show
Already traded like the the Guide said ... by doging both my figther and frigther to the station I want to trade with and switching pilots.
I have bought the Trading Software M1 an M2 .. or however they are called :roll: sorry still new to that game!
Is there a way trading with my frigther at a station when I'm with my fighter in a other system? I just was thinking about what it would be like if I have a whole fleet of frigthers ... would be somekind of strange to go to everywhere with my pilot to get them trading!

I would be thankful for help (and sorry when I missed something about that in a spoiler here).

Oh and the Thread for caping ships: Any hints for capping ships?

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Thu, 3. Nov 05, 20:16

You just need the trading extension to see the prices remotely and you can control as many ships as you feel up to controling from your fighter that may be anywhere in the universe.

Giskard
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 04:00

The other solution is to trade until you have 500k :o

:o

then buy the Trade Command Mk.3, this will let you tell your trader to trade within a sector, then bam..you have to do nothing but sit back and watch him make you money :D

Neonin
x3

Post by Neonin » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 15:24

Spoiler
Show
Just starting a new game as a Bankrupt Assassin?

You start in an Argon sector, and it's just one sector away from a shipyard and an equipment dock. Probelm is getting up your Argon rank right? Well, there is something you can do to increase it and be a bad-ass pirate at the same time!

Attack the Paranid. That's right, every time you see a Paranid ship in one of the Argon sectors, nail it. Not only do you get to capture some of their ships, the Argon will love you for every one you destroy and your Argon rank will keep going up. Ok, you annoy the Paranid, but they deserve it!

Who says crime doesn't pay?

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 15:36

Neonin wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Just starting a new game as a Bankrupt Assassin?

You start in an Argon sector, and it's just one sector away from a shipyard and an equipment dock. Probelm is getting up your Argon rank right? Well, there is something you can do to increase it and be a bad-ass pirate at the same time!

Attack the Paranid. That's right, every time you see a Paranid ship in one of the Argon sectors, nail it. Not only do you get to capture some of their ships, the Argon will love you for every one you destroy and your Argon rank will keep going up. Ok, you annoy the Paranid, but they deserve it!

Who says crime doesn't pay?

Noway :o :o I dont believe you..you start in an Argon sector :roll:

Neonin
x3

Post by Neonin » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 16:10

thrangar wrote:Noway :o :o I dont believe you..you start in an Argon sector :roll:
Ahhh sarcasm... the lowest form of wit.

How do I know someone reading that has actually started as a Bankrupt Assassin already? Besides, the whole point is about the Paranid.

darkfireeye
x3

Post by darkfireeye » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 17:55

Thanks for the help! (well to new to that game :roll: )
I did figure it out before I read the post about the remote Trading. But hope it helps some others that wunder as I did :wink:

Oh by the way is there a thread only for Mission problems? Well I post my question here when its the wrong place plz move my post! Thanks ... Unfortunatally the link with the Walktrough for Mission 1/2 does not work anymore ... and I dont find the thread ... well there was a good place to post Mission questions

well here my question / hope someone can help:
Spoiler
Show
I'm now at that mission after the one with de Drone to find the Child of the Pirate. I got to Thuruk's Pride and the women (forgot the name) did wait already there for me. She told me to ask arround at the Trading station and she would ask around in the Sector if anyone seen enything. Well My problem is now I docked at the Split Trading Station and did not find anything in the Commoption or the News or whatever ... just the usual ... Why you dare to ask a split blabla and no option about the missing girl! :cry: At the moment I do not know what to do!

SkyWall23
x2

Post by SkyWall23 » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 19:15

darkfireeye wrote:Well hope it is the right thread to ask ;-) ...
I started of at normal and have now as total newbie achieved to get a Mercury Tanker.
Spoiler
Show
Already traded like the the Guide said ... by doging both my figther and frigther to the station I want to trade with and switching pilots.
I have bought the Trading Software M1 an M2 .. or however they are called :roll: sorry still new to that game!
Is there a way trading with my frigther at a station when I'm with my fighter in a other system? I just was thinking about what it would be like if I have a whole fleet of frigthers ... would be somekind of strange to go to everywhere with my pilot to get them trading!

I would be thankful for help (and sorry when I missed something about that in a spoiler here).

Oh and the Thread for caping ships: Any hints for capping ships?
Well done mate. To buy a TS ship in the normal difficulty is quite hard. I started in normal and gave up after sometime. I didnt have the pacience for all that trading. I was getting 300 credits per trade at max.

An S Mercury costed 200.000 credits, which sucked. I only had 105.000...man I would need many game time to get anywhere. And thats the negative point about this game, everything has a very high price. Anyway, practice makes perfect....

Well now I started on quickstart... and guess what? I discovered that you need a Trade Software MK3 for automatic trading. And it costs 500K ... can things get worse? I better get used to this economy...rofl...
"I don't know with which weapons WWIII will be fought, what I know is that WWIV will be fought with stones and sticks!" - Albert Eistein, adapted

shasla5
x3

Post by shasla5 » Fri, 4. Nov 05, 22:33

banjaxo wrote:Hey Giskard,
Spoiler
Show
It might be worth emphasising to people that there are gains to be made from exploration, having a good nosey about away from the usual shipping lanes can bring profitsssss!
BTW cracking guide.
Ok, I started out as that aspiring explorer dude, and so I'm too weak to do much capping, and too small to trade. Might someone be able to tell me where I might find some of these secret things, because I have no idea where to even begin to look. Thanks.
PC specs: Athlon 64 4000+, Geforce 7800 GT 256 MB, 2048 MB PC 3200 RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM, 500W, nForce 4 SLI dual PCI-E.

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Sat, 5. Nov 05, 15:14

Exploring is worth while i agree. The stuff you can find isnt damaged, its fully kitted out stuff. Well worth finding.

darkfireeye
Spoiler
Show
The name on one of the BBS articles says miria was hiring people for a silicon mine in the same sector. So the clue is, check out the silicon mines. Its a vague clue so you need to check every area of the silicon mines you find in that sector for anything unusual.
Giskard

ryeeson
x4

Post by ryeeson » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 10:43

I'll get my X3 very soon along side with my X52. Any advice? any quick guide to setup the joystick? TQ :) :D :D

Shades.404
x3

Post by Shades.404 » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 12:15

Personally I'd suggest starting on x-treme, the only difference i've noticed is you start with less money really, the combat is equally easy.

Take out a few pirates and sell the ships then you have enough to get a nice traders and trade mk III software, after that money isn't an issue.

(almost 1b credits and counting ^_^ although i should really follow some plot lines soon i think i'm only on misson 4)

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 23:19

Xtreme sees you start in a buster with IREs, which are not much good for anything to be honest. However, you can still follow pirates around and pick up some missiles to sell on then use the money to upgrade your weapons and go capping.

Giskard

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 15:48

shasla5 wrote: Ok, I started out as that aspiring explorer dude, and so I'm too weak to do much capping, and too small to trade. Might someone be able to tell me where I might find some of these secret things, because I have no idea where to even begin to look. Thanks.
Spoiler
Show
Check out loomanstracks legacy, the unknown sector next to xenon 534, the unknonwn sector next to the unknown sector which is next to malestrom.

Theres a few goodies in them sectors, not telling you where yet though, taking a nav sat might be a good idea though! :P

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 16:35

bladeuk wrote:
shasla5 wrote: Ok, I started out as that aspiring explorer dude, and so I'm too weak to do much capping, and too small to trade. Might someone be able to tell me where I might find some of these secret things, because I have no idea where to even begin to look. Thanks.
Spoiler
Show
Check out loomanstracks legacy, the unknown sector next to xenon 534, the unknonwn sector next to the unknown sector which is next to malestrom.

Theres a few goodies in them sectors, not telling you where yet though, taking a nav sat might be a good idea though! :P
Spoiler
Show
Theres also a Tucan Hauler in Menelaus Frontier, it's in the upper right (looking down) of the sector behind a smallish asteroid. Comes with 3x25mw shields and a APAC back turret, great cargo space, and a bit slow speed, so you should get it to the Trading station and upgrade it's speed as much as you can.
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

handzon
x3tc

Post by handzon » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 17:30

hi there just wondering how many stations can go together? do they have to be placed in certain position for a loop like a production line or this doesnt matter as long as they are joined. (im in aus havent got x-3 yet)
cheers.
Handzon c.e.o at SPARTRANS TRADING CO.
[ external image ]

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”