Thankyou for Patch 1.2 What a difference !

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Speedsterworld
x2

Post by Speedsterworld » Fri, 28. Oct 05, 22:28

youki wrote:
Speedsterworld wrote::lol: I just realized that download the patch for us North American people is rather pointless... different publishers, different copy protection, no wonder they called it UK release patch :)
I don't see any difference other than a few starforce files in the patch. The rest are the usual X3.exe and a dat file. I think it should work just fine for NA version of X3. After all, it's the same english version.
The difference is that the X3.exe will still be starforce wrapped :P, not allowed to go indepth, but that changes the whole execution of the program :P, exe file may differ by a few bytes all the way up to a couple megs. And so on and so forth :), basically it wont be compatible if other releases aren't starforce, so we'll see what egosoft has planned around upcoming publisher releases.
And just cuz i'm talking already, for anyone with windows xp 64bit, yes their starforce on X3 UK release looks compatible with XP64, starforce has been that way for some time now. :) Figured i'd cover all bases

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”