NEWS: Enlight confirms 5 November for X3: Reunion

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dusan
x2

Post by Dusan » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 21:58

You serious?

Mace Griffin
x3

Post by Mace Griffin » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 22:13

Forget about ebgames the only thing they have going for them is trade ins.The preorder business they do is sad.

I canceled my order and purchased the dvd version from gogamer.com i suggest you do the same if you want to play BEFORE the next patch :) .

wiggertr
x3tc

Post by wiggertr » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 22:15

Yep same story here in MN as the rest.

After playing X2 for months at a time, I have been eagerly awaiting X3. I was very exited about the 4th as a release date, lest this week I managed to get off before I start my new job traiing. I figured I'd have nice relaxing week playing X3 before I start my 60+ hour workweeks.

But...haha says Enlight. Every day it's said "it will be on shelves tomarow!"

I even set aside the cash to buy the game, much more of this and I'll just hold off until Oblivion! :evil:

wiggertr
x3tc

Post by wiggertr » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 22:19

Problem to those of us who've suffered financial hardship recently: Is it even possible to order from gogamer without a credit card? I doubt it.

With no other game have I seen such problems. If there is a delay, the publisher should at least be upfront about it! :evil:

Crispy81

Post by Crispy81 » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 23:14

I learned a long time ago there are certain things that should be purchased locally, such as any mass-produced product distributed on media like CD or DVD. That includes games.

Why? Imagine having to ship a defective copy back to gogamer and waiting again.

At least a retail store can swap it while you wait. Guess I'll just have to "wait" for my EB to get their copies. Sigh. :(

perry_106

Post by perry_106 » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 23:15

yea it has a paypal option on GoGamer.

I finally got it to accept my card..cancelling EB games order..its BULLCrap the way they keep changing dates.. I understand why they prob are doing it so the U.S. release has 2 patches worth of fixes ect but anyway...they should be upfront about it instead of this.

CybrSlydr
x3tc

Post by CybrSlydr » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 23:16

Yeah, I called EB as well since they said it should be in today. Guy said that it's still not there even though the date says today. Told me to call back tomorrow for a update. -sigh- This is getting really old...

Anyone know if Pre-Order refunds are cash or for store credit?...

I'm gonna go post a thread... You all should join - should be fun. :lol:

grimdar
x3

Post by grimdar » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 23:21

I also canceled and went with GoGamer
I got it and played since yesterday :)

Screw ebgames, lately they've been heavily leaning on console games anyway. Little by little they're starting to ignore pc games, except the usual heavy hitters

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 23:23

Kane Hart wrote:http://202.67.150.4/forums/showthread.p ... #post35769

there enlight forums and if you want to get somthing done atlest post a reply there! EGOSOFT HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE SHIPPING DATES!
Thanks for the link. I posted my 2 cents worth there. I wish everyone would post a message to their forum also asking for an answer for the North American release.

Avenstar
x3

Post by Avenstar » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 23:24

I gave up on EB for X3. They will continue to be the first place I look for ordering US games online, but I grew tired of waiting for the manufacturer to ship to EB and other US retailers. I cancelled my EB order and ordered the import copy from gogamer. I expect it tomorrow or Thursday at the latest.

A_Sebastian
x3tc

Post by A_Sebastian » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 23:25

CybrSlydr wrote:Yeah, I called EB as well since they said it should be in today. Guy said that it's still not there even though the date says today. Told me to call back tomorrow for a update. -sigh- This is getting really old...

Anyone know if Pre-Order refunds are cash or for store credit?...

I'm gonna go post a thread... You all should join - should be fun. :lol:
I got cash back on my cancelled pre-order for X3. But that was at Gamestop.
Veni
Vidi
Vici

Krevel
x3

Post by Krevel » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 23:27

I just got an email from Newegg saying that my pre-order will be shipping in 24 to 48 hours. That's kinda weird because when I checked on it yesterday the game wasn't even listed anymore!

I'll let you all know if I hear anything more.
There are two things we know are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And we're not sure about the universe.

whiteknight1981
x3

Post by whiteknight1981 » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 23:30

Another problem is those of us who don't have enough scratch to buy a DVD player for our computers are stuck with CD-ROM and have to wait for it to be given to us in 6 CDs. I say if a game is going to be delayed, fine, but don't keep pushing the day one day at a time, make it to like 11/31 or some later date then have everyone pleasantly surprised when or if it comes earlier than that instead of causing everyone frustration after frustration by making people call every single day to see if this game has come in yet.

Krevel
x3

Post by Krevel » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 23:33

I just posted this on another thread, but thought I'd repeat it here:

I just got an email from Newegg saying that my pre-order would be shipping in 24-48 hours. I find this rather odd, because when I checked yesterday the game wasn't even listed anymore! I do have a lot of faith in them, as I have done a lot of business with Newegg; so I hope they are right!

I'll let you know what else I hear from them.
There are two things we know are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And we're not sure about the universe.

CybrSlydr
x3tc

Post by CybrSlydr » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 23:33

Not 6 CDs bro, 7. :D

ourhero
x3

Post by ourhero » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 23:41

I got fed with the horrible way Gamestop and EBgames was handling the info on this game (Gamestop had 3 different versions of when it was releasing at one point). Today I went to gogamer.com and decided to just buy it from them and just paid the extra couple bucks to get overnight shipping so it will be here tomorrow afternoon. I suggest anyone else who is fed up with this crap do the same if you still want the game.

Egosoft should be pissed with Enlight and Enlight should be at least explaining to people why they are pushing things back. It's just common practice to tell you customers why they aren't getting what they pre-ordered in a timely fashion.

whiteknight1981
x3

Post by whiteknight1981 » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 23:43

Man, I'm gonna have to change CDs faster than my shorts during a monster movie marathon :wink:

SpatryX
x3

Post by SpatryX » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 23:45

I ordered mine through gogamer.com yesterday and got my copy today. It is the US version (6 disks) and it came with a tee shirt!

EB games SUCKS! I will never order through them! I told them if they cannot be honest about the shipping date, then they should not post one at all!!!

SpatryX
x3

Post by SpatryX » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 00:01

If you are in a hurry to get a hold of this game order it through GoGamer.com I ordered mine yesterday and opted for fedex overnight and got mine this morning with a free teeshirt!

This version is the US version on 6 disks, and yes, it uses starforce. Hopefully egosoft will release a nocd patch for us registered users like they did with X2. Whenever I am not playing X3 and I want to use my dvd burner I have to uninstall starforce otherwise it does not work!

robacz][
x3tc

Post by robacz][ » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 00:15

SpatryX wrote:This version is the US version on 6 disks, and yes, it uses starforce.
Damn :cry:. Now I have a big dilema, I desperately want to play X3, but I dont want to support any company which uses that SF crap. :x beep that
I am invisible.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”