NEWS: Enlight confirms 5 November for X3: Reunion

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Zanchito
x3

Post by Zanchito » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 18:37

Any word on copy protection scheme? I'd like to know who do I have to preorder from (whoever doesn't use Starforce).

V2200
xr

Post by V2200 » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 18:39

It is interesting, what then means an inscription "Available now" opposite Х3:Reunion? :roll:
http://www.enlight.com/eng/html/game.htm
Last edited by V2200 on Tue, 25. Oct 05, 18:40, edited 1 time in total.

Destructi
x3

Post by Destructi » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 18:40

Finally we can put an end to all those guessing games for the release date in the US.Gamestop?Ebgames?Bah,their ship dates are all a bunch of nonsense.Bet they will be busy updating the new shipping dates to cover up their embarrasing tracks of half-baked dates. :lol:

gotdlife

Re: NEWS: Enlight confirms 5 November for X3: Reunion

Post by gotdlife » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 18:44

The_Abyss wrote:Enlight have today confirmed that X3: Reunion will be available for retail in stores from 5 November 2005. Any pre-orders made with them will ship out on 4 November 2005.

Release dates for other published areas will follow when possible.
Ships on Friday and is available in stores on Saturday. That must be one heck of a shipping setup.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 18:44

Most games retail outlets will have the game in stock before the official release date, but they wont put it on the shelf until the 28th.

I have seen the lads in my local store playing games a day or two before the release date ( I refere to San Andreas in this case )

I think they have a deal with distibuters to keep the games " under raps " until the release date.

Sometime my local store will open at midnight on the release date of "big tittles"

Destructi
x3

Post by Destructi » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 18:49

Nodski wrote:Most games retail outlets will have the game in stock before the official release date, but they wont put it on the shelf until the 28th.
I assume you are refering to the UK release?I don't see how the US release can be on the shelves by the 28th....unless the shop in question is an extremely exclusive distributor for Enlight with special rights :!:

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 18:51

Yes I am talking about UK date :D

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 18:52

ThatGuyBob wrote:Can't think of a reason why this shouldn't have an "Announcement" tag along with the UK release date topic at the top of the forum... Seems important enough to most of us for a sticky.
Abyss? You still out there?
Fair point :)
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Brody
x3

Post by Brody » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 19:00

I had e-mailed Enlight this morning and, much to my surprise, received a reply a few moments ago. It sounds like they'll ship the game next Wednesday if you order directly through them.

Here's the e-mail I received:

Thank you for taking the time to email Enlight. Yes, we had a scheduling problem but the game is shipping next Wednseday. We cannot stop you or discourage you buying the game from the UK but our partners in UK has told us it will not hit the street until Friday or Saturday fo this week. We hope you can wait a couple of days to order it but if not we just have to lose your order. You can place an order with us direct by sending us a check today and I will make sure we ship it out to you by Wednesday of next week. Also tell all your firends we will save you in shipping charges and a much better price by buying it from us directly. I can ship it to you including shipping charges for 32.95 US. This price would only be offered up and until it hits all the retail locations and then it goes back to 39.95 plus shipping and handling.

Best,

Paul Lombardi, CEO
Enlight Interactive USA

vpc410
x2

Post by vpc410 » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 19:09

How can you order directly through Enlight if the link on their website takes you to Amazon?

Destructi
x3

Post by Destructi » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 19:10

Zanchito wrote:Any word on copy protection scheme? I'd like to know who do I have to preorder from (whoever doesn't use Starforce).
No point asking now cause no one knows it yet.Maybe even the staff of Egosoft dosen't know it yet too.Only thing we can do is wait for the first person who gets the UK release to install the game first and be kind enough to drag himself/herself here to post a message about it.Then,we wait for the first kind samaritan who gets the US release to do the same......

Getting the game on the release date and having the copy which does not have that kind of CP is close to impossible to gurantee unless you pester every single staff member of the publisher or game dev crew. :lol:

So in the mean time,we can either go ahead and pre-order irregardless of the CP to have some fun on the earliest possible date or we can wait it out to find out about the CP and get the game a week or so after everyone has gotten it. :?

Brody
x3

Post by Brody » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 19:14

vpc410 wrote:How can you order directly through Enlight if the link on their website takes you to Amazon?
Sounds like you have to send them a check. I replied and asked for more details. Will share them when he answers.

ThatGuyBob
x3tc

Post by ThatGuyBob » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 19:21

Brody wrote:
vpc410 wrote:How can you order directly through Enlight if the link on their website takes you to Amazon?
Sounds like you have to send them a check. I replied and asked for more details. Will share them when he answers.
I have to assume that this offer would only be good for the CD version of the game versus DVD, since they're having DVD production issues. Maybe you could inquire about this as well, Brody?

Brody
x3

Post by Brody » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 19:24

ThatGuyBob wrote:
Brody wrote:
I have to assume that this offer would only be good for the CD version of the game versus DVD, since they're having DVD production issues. Maybe you could inquire about this as well, Brody?
Good thought, Bob. Will do.

Destructi
x3

Post by Destructi » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 19:26

Brody wrote:I had e-mailed Enlight this morning and, much to my surprise, received a reply a few moments ago. It sounds like they'll ship the game next Wednesday if you order directly through them.

Here's the e-mail I received:

Thank you for taking the time to email Enlight. Yes, we had a scheduling problem but the game is shipping next Wednseday. We cannot stop you or discourage you buying the game from the UK but our partners in UK has told us it will not hit the street until Friday or Saturday fo this week. We hope you can wait a couple of days to order it but if not we just have to lose your order. You can place an order with us direct by sending us a check today and I will make sure we ship it out to you by Wednesday of next week. Also tell all your firends we will save you in shipping charges and a much better price by buying it from us directly. I can ship it to you including shipping charges for 32.95 US. This price would only be offered up and until it hits all the retail locations and then it goes back to 39.95 plus shipping and handling.

Best,

Paul Lombardi, CEO
Enlight Interactive USA
If that is indeed true,they should make that offer official through their website.I can imagine that a whole bunch of people will be emailing Enlight asking questions like for example, "Can you please ship me a DVD copy of X3 to [insert country] E.g. Russia for only 32.95 US,including all Shipping charges?"

This offer is only for the game and some people might want to go with the added bonus of a t-shirt from some of the online retailers or the novel.

Can someone verify if Enlight's offer stands true?

But in the mean time,if it's really true,Brody,can I quote your name when I make a sales enquiry to enlight?Might help me get that discount.Come on,we are friends.......in fact,everyone here is your friends ! :wink:

youki
x3tc

Post by youki » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 19:36

Finally a confirmed date. Now I'm thinking to order from UK online retailers. Any UK folks recommand a good online store that offers international shipping. appreciated. :wink:

ThatGuyBob
x3tc

Post by ThatGuyBob » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 19:43

I'm just imagining what Mr. Paul Lombardi's inbox is going to look like over the next couple of hours... And maybe he should consider getting someone else (or several someone elses) to answer his phone for the next week or two, since he so graciously posted what appears to be his direct number on the company website.

If the rumor turns out to be true (and I have no reason to doubt Brody yet), I have to say I'm severely impressed with Enlight. Good show, Mr. Lombardi! Nice to know someone in charge has a good head for business.

And thank you, Brody, for not complaining about being volunteered to act as mediator between the holders of the media and the clamoring masses.

vpc410
x2

Post by vpc410 » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 19:45

I might order from game.net. They seem like a good UK retailer. And with worldwide shipping it comes to a total of $37US and will take 4-6 business days. So you should be able to get it by early next week if the UK date still stays at Oct. 28.

Renegade87
x4

Post by Renegade87 » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 19:51

a good Uk supplier is www.gameplay.co.uk they usually dispacth the order a day or 2 before so you get it in time, but I think they do international delveries pretty cheap as well only £25 for the game.

edit- I just checked and they do rest of world heres what the detials are

Rest of the World delivery
We ship to the rest of the world at just £4.95 per order. We also offer a priority international signed for service at just £8.50.

Please note that we do not currently ship consoles or heavy items outside the UK. Please also note that UK consoles games are for the PAL format will not work on NTSC (North American) consoles or televisions
Last edited by Renegade87 on Tue, 25. Oct 05, 19:55, edited 2 times in total.

vpc410
x2

Post by vpc410 » Tue, 25. Oct 05, 19:52

Renegade87 wrote:a good Uk supplier is www.gameplay.co.uk they usually dispacth the order a day or 2 before so you get it in time, but I think they do international delveries pretty cheap as well only £25 for the game
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check into that.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”