NEWS: Enlight confirms 5 November for X3: Reunion

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ourhero
x3

Post by ourhero » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 23:41

I got fed with the horrible way Gamestop and EBgames was handling the info on this game (Gamestop had 3 different versions of when it was releasing at one point). Today I went to gogamer.com and decided to just buy it from them and just paid the extra couple bucks to get overnight shipping so it will be here tomorrow afternoon. I suggest anyone else who is fed up with this crap do the same if you still want the game.

Egosoft should be pissed with Enlight and Enlight should be at least explaining to people why they are pushing things back. It's just common practice to tell you customers why they aren't getting what they pre-ordered in a timely fashion.

whiteknight1981
x3

Post by whiteknight1981 » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 23:43

Man, I'm gonna have to change CDs faster than my shorts during a monster movie marathon :wink:

SpatryX
x3

Post by SpatryX » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 23:45

I ordered mine through gogamer.com yesterday and got my copy today. It is the US version (6 disks) and it came with a tee shirt!

EB games SUCKS! I will never order through them! I told them if they cannot be honest about the shipping date, then they should not post one at all!!!

SpatryX
x3

Post by SpatryX » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 00:01

If you are in a hurry to get a hold of this game order it through GoGamer.com I ordered mine yesterday and opted for fedex overnight and got mine this morning with a free teeshirt!

This version is the US version on 6 disks, and yes, it uses starforce. Hopefully egosoft will release a nocd patch for us registered users like they did with X2. Whenever I am not playing X3 and I want to use my dvd burner I have to uninstall starforce otherwise it does not work!

robacz][
x3tc

Post by robacz][ » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 00:15

SpatryX wrote:This version is the US version on 6 disks, and yes, it uses starforce.
Damn :cry:. Now I have a big dilema, I desperately want to play X3, but I dont want to support any company which uses that SF crap. :x beep that
I am invisible.

LanceCorp
x4

Post by LanceCorp » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 00:30

Never again shall i preorder from gamestop again. they use UPS 2day shipping.

Blast them all the kingdom kum.

petrach
x3

Post by petrach » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 00:34

I just bought my copy at Best Buy today for $39.99. The first store I went too didnt have any and they where scheduled to have them in stock tommorow. But the employee looked it up and another store had 9 copies. So I went there and didnt see them on the shelf. So I asked an employee and he went to the back and got them out. I got the first copy right out of the shipping box :)

vindicator
x3

Post by vindicator » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 00:34

beep that
you mean f*ck that? yes, i agree, starforce is the worst program known to mankind. but i dont want to get this thread locked, so ill get off my soapbox 8)

but anyway, i assume you people are waiting to buy this in a store? i have a day off on friday, so i hope to frickin god its at my local Super Target then or else who knows how long it will be till i have time to pick it up :evil:

but how bout u guys, what store(s) do ya go to...?
MSI Albatron SLI motherboard, 1024 MB Kingston lowlatency RAM, AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice core with ATi Radeon Xpress 200 graphics chipset, Connect3d x800xl 512 MB, Antec 400 watt powersupply

petrach
x3

Post by petrach » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 00:43

lol, read my first post.

BEST BUY

Lonewolf102
x3

Post by Lonewolf102 » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 01:09

I have lost count of the date changes at gamestop they claimed that no question it would be in store today... needless to say I am posting so I am not playing so I don't have it yet.

I ask the guy and he says he wouldn't blame me if I got it someplace else... I said to him that I would if I didn't have to work like most adults and I wondered why a company that has my business on a regular basis wouldn't be more helpfull in order to keep me as a client.

Oh well this is rather frustrating I am not holding my breath shrug :(
Lonewolf, the packwolf in a diffrent season.

CybrSlydr
x3tc

Post by CybrSlydr » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 01:26

There's an EB just about 10 minutes away from where I live - it's where I go to get all my games pretty much. This is the first time I've had trouble.

I preordered Doom III, Civ 4, Sims 2... never had a problem.

I still think it's great - I just ordered the DVD version off GoGamer, got overnight shipping and it only cost me abour $4 more than my preorder at EB.

GoGamer is great. :)

(Bronze)
x3tc

Post by (Bronze) » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 01:42

NewEgg also sent me an e-mail saying my pre-order should be shipping within 24 to 48 hrs. Their product picture shows the DVD version from Deep Silver. Don't know if they had that same picture when I put in the order.

Wonder if they got tired of waiting for Enlight to ship to them?

Xenophon
x3

Post by Xenophon » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 02:22

honestly i dont mind the wait its the lying that has made me cancel my pre-order.

I realize Ego has nothing to do with the delays, but who pays for this PR travesty? Enlight just botched Egos entire NA release if i were EGO id be sueing the pants of these enlight clowns.

Not too sure evan what the hold up is, i can download the freaking patch from the website i dont need a bloody 2 weeks delay so some a#$clowns can burn some new DVD with patch encorperated.

As i said its the lying that did it for me, if enlight cant control thier shipping properly say "We are sorry we are very very bad @ our jobs and cant evan do snail mail properly game delayed 2 weeks" but no Enlight tells EB amd other deistributers its ok we didnt mess up too bad you have it tomorrow...tomorrow...10 days later.......Seriously EGO admins someone has to pay for this we want blood and we all think it sucks that some BS noob company Enlight messed up your whole release date. MAKE THEM PAY EGO

On another note, who cares if game is buggy on release who cares if it needs patch right away, as long as it is fixable there is no prob, unless it is like C&C generals where the engine itself is flawed and needs to be scrapped or remade via an expansion (Zero Hour).

reanor
x4

X3 North America release date!

Post by reanor » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 02:39

Egosoft,

Why X3 release in North America is being delayed again and again? I am following this game release date since like beginning of November. And it's been delayed like 3 times already.

Egosoft, please release it already. So many folks in NA are waiting for this game... I wanna play it already.. *cry*. :D
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

DamnNamesAlwaysTaken
x3ap

Post by DamnNamesAlwaysTaken » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 02:40

there enlight forums and if you want to get somthing done atlest post a reply there! EGOSOFT HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE SHIPPING DATES!
Egosoft does have control over who publishes and distributes thier games.

That is the thing everyone seem to be ignoring.

Egosoft needs to grow some balls and start demanding answers from thier partner over here.

slybri
x2

Post by slybri » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 02:41

Got the same run around from my local Gamestop. Reserved a copy and was told it would be in today. Fought heavy traffic after work to get there. I asked for my copy of X3: Reunion and the sloppy bearded troll freak that worked there asks, "X-Men 3? Whut? what kinda game is that?" He proceeded to check his useless computer which told him that it did indeed ship to his store today, and was suppsoed to be in stock, but no one had seen it . After calling another Gamestop which also had never heard of it, he offered me an apology. So, I fought traffic to get back home, dejected, with nothing but an apology.

Bestbuy, Compusa, Walmart, Target, Circuit City...none of these stores even carry the game.

An Awesome US release!

Now I'm gonna install Gamestop's apology on my hard drive and play it all night!

:evil:

DamnNamesAlwaysTaken
x3ap

Post by DamnNamesAlwaysTaken » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 02:51

I got more info than that .. "kinda"

The store here says it's still listed as a pre-order, we should have gotten it today, we didn't get it, now it's on hold in thier system.

Of course he couldn't tell me what that meant except "the publisher is probably pushing the date back".

Oh and "we probably won't be getting any copies anyway because no one pre-ordered it."

What?

"Yeah, uh .. no one pre-ordered it so we probably won't get any"

You know I don't play these "pre-order" games and these here sign up for our store card so we can track all your purchas.. er I mean so we can send you spam mai.. er I mean so you can get a discount.

So naturaly I told him if that's the way they want to play it they can forget about my business .. oh and my console game business as well.
Last edited by DamnNamesAlwaysTaken on Wed, 9. Nov 05, 02:57, edited 1 time in total.

Bobbie
x3

Post by Bobbie » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 02:57

I doubt its the publisher thats holding it back. I called gamestop, got the story about it being in the store next week, so i called up best buy, and guess what! They had it in!! Ive just picked up my copy 5 mins ago, WooHoo!
Forget gamestop and ebgames, check best buy out.

chadrickb
x3

Post by chadrickb » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 03:24

I feel like this thread is the same exact thread that popped up when X2 went gold and didn't show up for a while. Funny how history repeats itself...

For those of you complaining about EB or Gamestop not having it...seriously go to gogamer.com and order it. You can pay 10 bucks for next day delivery (which makes it still less than the 49.99 average for most new games). Buy it before 5pm tomorrow and you'll be playing it Friday after work/school - oh wait isn't Friday a holiday?...oh well. I purchased mine today online, the US version. Its shipped already and I plan on spending the tomorrow night playing =) Problem Solved.

SG_Avenger
x3

1up

Post by SG_Avenger » Wed, 9. Nov 05, 04:09

I just picked up a retail copy from the Arrowhead Wal-Mart off of Union Hills in Glendale, AZ. There were 2 other copies when I left there 30 minutes ago. It looks as if someone else had picked up one or two copies before me as well.

On a side note on the debate about shipping. They probably did ship them all out on the 5th as they said. The retail distro centers got them sometime after that and started shipping to the stores.

Tuesday [in the US at least] is normally the day everything gets released, from games, to movies, to new CDs. In the last few years more anre more stores are starting to at least have games on the shelves by Wednsday due to slower delivery.

So all in all, it makes sense that its showing up today, a Tuesday like any other media release.

Off to go install and enjoy.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”