NEWS: X³: Reunion goes Gold and available for pre-order

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Armstrong
x3

Post by Armstrong » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 12:16

Well Done!! Well its going to be a goodbye to natural sun light :roll:

Khardur
x3

Post by Khardur » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 12:28

RMK wrote:Dont you just feel sorry for the people who only come on in the morning/early afternoon, by the time they get here should be on page 30 or something :D
Yeah, like those people working nightshift in the US who happened to need sleep as well...

A HEARTY CONGRATS TO EGOSOFT and all their hard work! If it plays anything like it looks by the screenshots, it's going to be a very toasty winter, what with all the laser bolts flying around my house!

-khardur :pirat:

ceogreen
x3tc

Post by ceogreen » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 12:43

What can I say, this is likely to be the longest 11days ever. Though I have just bought myself morrowind and am told that it will take my mind off things for a bit :)

LORDSATAN
x3tc

Post by LORDSATAN » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 12:47

Oh dear.
That is the weekend of my anniversary.
Are egosoft trying to get me divorced.
How am I gonna get round this one? :lol:
I will grow up one day....
One day

Atkara
x3tc

Post by Atkara » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 12:52

Just saw the news on the site, preordered from the Egosoft Online Shop, waiting till October28th+ (it's gonna take a while before my copy reaches Greece :gruebel:), while cleaning my PC up in order to receive X3 :D

A S.E.T.A. would come in handy right now :roll:

fchopin
x3

Post by fchopin » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 13:07

Congratulations to egosoft.

An email would have been nice. :wink:
When there are no more games it is time for music.

kethalpak
x3

Post by kethalpak » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 13:07

Yay!!!! :)

Why am i always the last to find this stuff out?? Damn perth timezone and school :evil:

I comes out the day after graduation, from then to the TEE exams, X3 all the way! What timing, best for everyone, YAY!!!!

I'm so happy!!!!! :):):):)

:D :D :D :D

/Presses SETA key
"Hey, why wont this work"
When you know you have played too much X
[ external image ] [ external image ]
The cake is a lie, but the cube is forever!

davewave
x3

X3 The game for fans

Post by davewave » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 13:33

We wish the team at egosoft, beta testers, forum mods and others involved a heart congrats. I probably shoulda posted this in response to the news item but I think it would have gone unseen by all the 125 replies.

Basically, it would appear the developers and beta testers aren't so lucky to have played X3 first. Why? well, they know now all the secrets, they've play tested it to death. This is a sacrifice, they have sacrificed learning and playing the game as new in order to develop the game for us fans.

I think this is a point that often goes amiss and should have its own thread.

So, thanx guys, you "died" so that we may "live" and your sacrifice is embedded in every cool feature, graphic and effect that we will come across in the game.
"Better to die on our feet then live on our knees"

TerrorTrooper
x4

Post by TerrorTrooper » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 13:45

hear hear...

agree 100%

i never understood why people envied beta testers so much..

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 13:55

TerrorTrooper wrote:hear hear...

agree 100%

i never understood why people envied beta testers so much..
Ill standby that

Boronshark
x4

Post by Boronshark » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 14:00

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Finally the day has arrived :D Like a previous poster I'm pleased to see that Koch Media have learned from the X2 experience and not shafted the European audience this time. Kudos to Deep Silver, MAJOR respect to Egosoft and OH MY GOD I can't wait to play this game :)

PS, do we have a release date for X4 yet? :twisted:
Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz (Haswell) - HyperX Beast 32GB PC3-17100C11 2133MHz - MSI GeForce GTX 760 Gaming Edition 4096MB GDDR5

RavenIII
x4

Post by RavenIII » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 14:02

I agree completely, and a hearty thankyou to the Beta Testers :)

Boronshark
x4

Post by Boronshark » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 14:07

And so say all of us!

*STANDING OVATION FROM THE ENTIRE EGOSOFT FORUM*

:)
Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz (Haswell) - HyperX Beast 32GB PC3-17100C11 2133MHz - MSI GeForce GTX 760 Gaming Edition 4096MB GDDR5

C777
x3

Post by C777 » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 14:20

Well, there is a Gamestop, a Babbages, and an EBgames store in my area. I should be able to pick it up.

However, I won't be able to play yet because of work.

Blast! I hate 12-hour shifts now.
:evil:

jinks
x3

Post by jinks » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 14:56

TerrorTrooper wrote: i never understood why people envied beta testers so much..
How about you get not only to test the game at an early state but can also make suggestion to what should be changed in the game. You get to point the devs in the direction you think would make the game more fun to play and you don't have to program it youself. I think thats what makes me join as betatester from time to time :D ...and ofcourse to play the game :wink:

esd
x3tc

Re: I run a Saitek X52 Flight Control System THats good if

Post by esd » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 15:06

twinview wrote:You are a Right Hand Person but us Left Hand Peeps get the Shaft handed to us..... when it comes to Decent Flight sticks.... :cry:
The game doesn't care if you are left or right handed (at least, X² didn't, so I don't see why X³ would), and there's plenty of sticks for lefties, even if it means buying an ambidexterous one! :)
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 15:10

*merged thread into the announcement sticky*
Last edited by esd on Mon, 17. Oct 05, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.

MiSP
x3tc

Post by MiSP » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 15:27

Does the UK release have Starforce? I want this game so much, my fingers are tickling to press "order", but if it uses Starforce, I'm not buying it. Period.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 15:39

MiSP wrote:Does the UK release have Starforce? I want this game so much, my fingers are tickling to press "order", but if it uses Starforce, I'm not buying it. Period.
esd wrote:Without going into the whole "what CP is X³ using" thing, there is no actual evidence that Starforce will be on the UK version. Only the publisher has this information.
This is not the thread for CP discussion, especially as the information is not yet available. :)

MiSP
x3tc

Post by MiSP » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 15:57

esd wrote:
MiSP wrote:Does the UK release have Starforce? I want this game so much, my fingers are tickling to press "order", but if it uses Starforce, I'm not buying it. Period.
esd wrote:Without going into the whole "what CP is X³ using" thing, there is no actual evidence that Starforce will be on the UK version. Only the publisher has this information.
This is not the thread for CP discussion, especially as the information is not yet available. :)
I guess I'll just have to wait before ordering it, then... Does anybody know when the information will be released? (Upon release date, etc...)

Sorry for dragging on this off-topic thing, but I find it somewhat unnecessary to start a new thread just for this one question...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”