X3 - Preorder

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nilof
x3

Post by nilof » Sat, 15. Oct 05, 23:28

I don't like the ways to pay, is it not possible to pay on delivery?

:P
{someone didn't observe the rules on signature sizes and lost their signature ;) - CBJ}

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Sat, 15. Oct 05, 23:42

rustamk wrote:I'm saving my jump up and down calories until "The Abbys" says "YES".

Rustam
You mean: Why havent they locked this release-thread yet? Maybe its true.

rustamk
x3

Post by rustamk » Sat, 15. Oct 05, 23:44

The only other release thread we need is the one made by "The Abbys" or "esd" or "CBJ".

But having the release date not in some game shop but in the EGOSOFT shop just adds fuel to the fire.

Rustam

Panasonic
x4

Post by Panasonic » Sat, 15. Oct 05, 23:46

Well, we in germans' Forum were/are worried, too. Our release here is at the 18. Nov. Ego has only 13 days to make it gold and 11 days, if they want you to get the game at release.

PS: Sry for my English ;)
"Sehenden Auges in Selbiges"

Mopy
x3

Post by Mopy » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 00:08

Graaf wrote:
rustamk wrote:I'm saving my jump up and down calories until "The Abbys" says "YES".

Rustam
You mean: Why havent they locked this release-thread yet? Maybe its true.
More of a 'Pre-Order from Egosoft is up' thread than a release date thread if you ask me. :P Or it was anyway
Sig

Azzkicka
x3tc

Post by Azzkicka » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 00:12

If I Pre-Order from the Egosoft site is it going to be sent out from Germany? If so shipping would probably take a long time.

Does anybody know of any Canadian video game stores that X3 can be pre-ordered from? Everyone I know either hasn’t herd of X3 or is a US store :(

rustamk
x3

Post by rustamk » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 00:13

I am curious - if I pre-order, and the shipping date is XX/XX/XXXX and then it doesn't come on that date, did the company in question not violate its contract with me?

Rustam

youki
x3tc

Post by youki » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 00:15

This is really a strange way of ego publishing a game. Let out the preorder release date be4 telling us the actural release date. This is just so confusing. :cry:

Azzkicka
x3tc

Post by Azzkicka » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 00:17

rustamk wrote:I am curious - if I pre-order, and the shipping date is XX/XX/XXXX and then it doesn't come on that date, did the company in question not violate its contract with me?

Rustam
No because when you pre-order from a site (at least every site I have ever pre-ordered from) they specifically state that the date is not guaranteed and can change at anytime.

Phony
x3tc

Post by Phony » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 00:20

Azzkicka wrote:If I Pre-Order from the Egosoft site is it going to be sent out from Germany? If so shipping would probably take a long time.

Does anybody know of any Canadian video game stores that X3 can be pre-ordered from? Everyone I know either hasn’t herd of X3 or is a US store :(
Amazon.ca

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B ... 81-1000820

:roll:

billcoker

Post by billcoker » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 00:48

rustamk wrote:I am curious - if I pre-order, and the shipping date is XX/XX/XXXX and then it doesn't come on that date, did the company in question not violate its contract with me?

Rustam

:) Man you gotta get out more. They are in no contract with you. It's an estimated date. We all have been thru this a million times. Just order and wait for it to come, It will sooner or later or wait till you're local shop gets it and you can grab it for yourself.

rustamk
x3

Post by rustamk » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 00:57

Man you gotta get out more
Don't say that to me. Besides, I think you mean "You have to stay in more" because when you're out you don't come accross many egosoft on-line stores. :D
They are in no contract with you.
Really? I thought that I give you money and you give me when I want exactly what, when, where and how you said you will is a contract. Every purchase you make is a contract.
It's an estimated date
EGOSOFT SHOP wrote:Deliverablity status
October 28th, 2005 / 500
Doesn't say "estimate" anywhere there.
We all have been thru this a million times.
And I am not the one who started this thread.
wait till you're local shop gets it and you can grab it for yourself.
That's what I will do.

Rustam
Last edited by rustamk on Sun, 16. Oct 05, 01:43, edited 1 time in total.

Armstrong
x3

Post by Armstrong » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 01:03

They are in no contract with you.
Wrong! As soon as you hand your finance details over to a company to make a *purchase* then there is a legal contract between you and the company in which that company has to deliver to a reasonable effort. The company though, who sold you the product, obviously have terms and conditions, which you accept when you make payment. In this case for a games date that could change - an example from amazon
"We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control."
Which would include delay from publisher.

Thought this was quite good from gameplay
We will not be legally bound by any factual or typographical errors on the website or other promotional materials.
hmmmm....

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 01:12

About the whole contract thing ... well, there is obligation alright. But usually the seller protects itself by all the methods one can think off through its agreement. And sadly as a consumer we usually get the short end of the deal, and as far as I can say, internationl law protect the sellers more then the buyers.

C'est la vie.

corazonis
x2

Post by corazonis » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 01:19

Collectors edition......

"Details
X3: Reunion COLLECTORS EDITION - ONLY AVAILABLE IN GERMAN"

"ONLY AVAILABLE IN GERMANY" ????? :evil:

......How not to win friends and influence people :wink:

Does anyone know (I mean really know, not speculate), whether this is just an egosoft shop oversight/typo, or is the UK date really earlier than Germany, although there is no date for release of a UK collector's edition??

Cheers in advance.

adowthwaite
x4

Post by adowthwaite » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 01:24

Who cares, I've pre-ordered £31.54 inc delivery via paypal. I get my copy from egosoft/deep silver direct (hopefully quicker that via shops) and they get a bigger cut from a loyal customer. We could all wait and order on play.com but their service has gone down hill lately.
Though I look forward to the english version of Farnhams Legend .

I'm happy now, won't be checking forum every day now for more news. i'll just relax & dream of X3.
Adi

jinks
x3

Post by jinks » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 01:57

I preordered it and for me the date is release date afaik, except if somthing goes wrong and they have to move date, but I think that the date is firm as it can be.

About the thing going "Gold" I'm prety sure I read somewhere they would NOT say when it would go "Gold" so I for my part have no problem with this at all...as long as I get the game soon after release :D
Last edited by jinks on Sun, 16. Oct 05, 01:58, edited 1 time in total.

Arwan
x3

Post by Arwan » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 01:58

ouch expencive to preorder to USA from egosoft. yeesh. im doing it because im blinded by joy remember that egosoft joy ....... until i get my statment then red murder and head explosions. mainly mine :evil: :headbang:
"how do you manage to keep your ship so dirty pilot." X3 mission quote for TP.

KRJ
x2

Post by KRJ » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 02:52

Phony wrote:
Azzkicka wrote:If I Pre-Order from the Egosoft site is it going to be sent out from Germany? If so shipping would probably take a long time.

Amazon.ca

hmm $40 Canadian and free shipping thats a pretty good deal. I got X2 from Amazon.ca as well but I don't recall them being to speedy about it.

Azzkicka
x3tc

Post by Azzkicka » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 02:56

KRJ wrote:
Phony wrote:

Amazon.ca

hmm $40 Canadian and free shipping thats a pretty good deal. I got X2 from Amazon.ca as well but I don't recall them being to speedy about it.
Yeah i took a look at it and it looks great except for the "Item usually ships within 1-2 weeks" part

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”