X3 - Preorder

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WingC3
x4

Post by WingC3 » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 11:07

Quick ?: Is the english pre-order version the European version with starforce protection or is it the North American version without it?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 11:19

No information on copy protection systems has been given. Pre-ordering a particular one on the basis of which version has what is therefore premature.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 13:41

Drags fingers away from the pre-order button with great difficulty and continues to wait.
CBJ wrote:No information on copy protection systems has been given. Pre-ordering a particular one on the basis of which version has what is therefore premature.
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

Destructi
x3

Post by Destructi » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 14:29

This may sound stupid....but will Egosoft send out notification emails when they shipped our product?

I hope that the "Outside Europe" shipping is by courier service or at least by some other form that has tracking lest it ends up being picked up by the Xenon or end up at some pirate base :evil:

roumpini
x4

Post by roumpini » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 14:34

I've preordered mine, and I'll wait for it.
It's worth to wait little more for the book, that's why I preordered it from here, and off course to support egosoft for their effort, even if I'll have to wait later because the shops here in Greece, maybe will have it earlier than whole Europe.... :P
So egosoft go on I can't wait.
Sometime we called them Gods
Later we called them Angels
Today we call them Aliens
They are our Fathers

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 14:52

roumpini wrote:I've preordered mine, and I'll wait for it.
It's worth to wait little more for the book, that's why I preordered it from here, and off course to support egosoft for their effort, even if I'll have to wait later because the shops here in Greece, maybe will have it earlier than whole Europe.... :P
you might want to resize your sig to something smaller
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

roumpini
x4

Post by roumpini » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 15:23

Player. wrote:
roumpini wrote:I've preordered mine, and I'll wait for it.
you might want to resize your sig to something smaller

Hi......happy now ?... :P
They are our Fathers

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 15:28

:)

Better, but still a little to big.

From the guidelines sticky at the top of the page:
Signatures should total no larger than 600 pixels wide and 150 pixels high, including all images and text. This means you can have up to 8 lines of text maximum or an image up to 150 pixels high, but not both. Avatars are limited to 80 x 80 pixels. The total combined size for both signature and avatar should not exceed 50kb.

martindemon
x3

Post by martindemon » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 15:33

Azzkicka wrote:
KRJ wrote:
Phony wrote:
Azzkicka wrote:If I Pre-Order from the Egosoft site is it going to be sent out from Germany? If so shipping would probably take a long time.

Does anybody know of any Canadian video game stores that X3 can be pre-ordered from? Everyone I know either hasn’t herd of X3 or is a US store :(
Amazon.ca

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B ... 81-1000820

:roll:
hmm $40 Canadian and free shipping thats a pretty good deal. I got X2 from Amazon.ca as well but I don't recall them being to speedy about it.
Yeah i took a look at it and it looks great except for the "Item usually ships within 1-2 weeks" part
The only time I ordered something else than books from Amazon.ca, it was 7 CDs and at least two of them had their jewel case crushed. The CDs were not packed correctly: no protection. And they charged me full taxes, even if they are from another province, which is not normal. The first time I had ordered, I had to pay only 7% taxes... The second time 15%... That was the last time I used them.

roumpini
x4

Post by roumpini » Sun, 16. Oct 05, 15:44

I used to order games, cds, etc. from play.com but I didn't have simillar package problems, all was fine even that we have some mess in our postoffices.
I believe that egosoft can have the right packages for our preorders.
They are our Fathers

marc5477
x2

Post by marc5477 » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 06:06

About the whole contract thing ... well, there is obligation alright. But usually the seller protects itself by all the methods one can think off through its agreement. And sadly as a consumer we usually get the short end of the deal, and as far as I can say, internationl law protect the sellers more then the buyers.
Actually customers do not get the short end of the stick because a business protects itself. Imagine what would happen if the business didnt protect itself in every way. Can you imagine how many people would rip them off and how may more will do so multiple times taking advantage of every loophole they can find? Costco here in the US made that mistake and have finally caught on and began changing their policy because people ripped them off too many times (I would say what people have done but I do not want more morons 'legaly' stealing from them). Some people will always try to screw others (businesses in this case) every chance they get. You can claim that the percentage of morons is low but I can tell you from experience it is very much significant. What happens if this perpetuates?

~ Company has to raise prices to make up for losses. Not a good option for us customers and if they cannot makup the losses they simply fold and go out of business leaving even less competition and opening the possibility for price fixing (see the automobile industry and Graphing calculators for examples of price fixing). This is also why laws protect businesses over buyers since businesses are much less likely to be fraudulent since it is not healthy for its longevity. People on the other handhave nothing to stop them from being fraudulent especially with low price items. No one will waste their time prosecuting someone for $50.

In other words, the restrictions in contracts are not always a bad thing. Some businesses abuse laws and if you run into one you should never do business with them again and you should steer everyone you know away from them as well. Most of the time those business do not last unless it holds a monopoly (see Microsoft, and Ma-Bells and electric companies in some states).
I don't like the ways to pay, is it not possible to pay on delivery?
If you were a business, would you spend money on delivery without being insured payment upfront? Who is to stop someone who has no money (or a 6 year old kid for that matter) from ordering? Even if they reject the order the business still had to pay the shipping. This would be pretty dumb for a business to do although some business do indeed offer COD (Cash on Delivery) but its very rare and usually envokes some kind of penalty like an extra COD fee.

I personally dont like ordering online either especially from a company I know nothing about but if its a proven company what would you worry about? I dont think Amazon or Egosoft want to screw over any customers on purpose. That would ruin their livelyhood after all. Unhappy customers = lower sales = lower profit = bad decision.

Arwan
x3

Post by Arwan » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 06:11

there are a lot LOT of companies that do COD its called order out. as in order pizza over phone or chinese.... etc....etc...

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 07:55

A takeaway meal you pay less than a tenner for is hardly in the same ballpark as a game costing £35...

Xaffax
x3

Post by Xaffax » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 08:43

I've ordered against beter judgement. Don't know why. I supose I must have it. :headbang:
Xaffax out!
[ external image ]

Skyman
x4

Post by Skyman » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 08:48

I have ordered mine, for delivery to South Africa. :D

It used to be that PayPal would not deal with SA, but that seems to have changed. :P
"once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." -- Leonardo da Vinci.

tiger_jack
x3tc

EGOSOFT SHOP - questions about x3 preorder

Post by tiger_jack » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 08:58

sorry i'm posting this in the universe forum, but i really don't know where else to post it. i'm one of the thousand guys who woke up today, went looking for the screenshot and found out x3 will soon be out and can be ordered at the shop. now, i'd really like to order it online but, as this would be the first time i buy something on the internet, i'm a little concerned about a few things, such as:
- i have no credit card. what does exactly "pay manually by transfering money" mean? when you click on it what appears is a form to complete, but i can't sign it if i don't know what is going to happen next...
- when is it going to be delivered? will i recieve a copy on october 28th, or maybe a little later, or does it depend on how many orders are before mine?
- what if the game doesn't arrive? i mean, if i have already transfered the money i hope there won't be any problem - i trust egosoft guys won't eat my money -, but what if payment is on delivery and the delivery isn't coming? i can't risk buying the game elsewhere, but i can't wait too long to play it either... :P :P :P
i'm really sorry to criticize, but for first-time buyers the online shop isn't giving much of an advice.
wow... long post (for my average...), i hope this hasn't been covered elsewhere, but i think i'm not the only one with this problem.
bye anyone, and may these last days slip away quickly... :lol: :lol:
Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it... because you're not really looking... You don't really want to know... You want to be fooled.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 09:13

Yea, so have I.. - Pre-ordered it from Egosoft so I can get the thing that comes with it, plus it shows them I support them in some way. :) - although it costing me $95.29 NZ money..
Methinks I will be buying a cheap dvd drive to run it through tho and put my good new dvd writer in my other computer, so that if the egosoft version does contain SF it won't get at my good dvd writer..
Xaffax wrote:I've ordered against beter judgement. Don't know why. I supose I must have it. :headbang:
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 09:15

At least 2 other threads covering similar topics.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 12:02

Congrats X3 is the first game ever I have both preordered and ordered before reading a review of it. I've had a PC since 1993 (and no, its not the same one :roll: ).

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 17. Oct 05, 17:06

Greyhawk1 wrote:Congrats X3 is the first game ever I have both preordered and ordered before reading a review of it. I've had a PC since 1993 (and no, its not the same one :roll: ).
Lol - Nice one :D

I pre-ordered X3+Book from dabs.co.uk for about £25 (I think). <waits anxiously to here the sound of a package plopping through the letter box> :D
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”