NEWS: X3 Presentation at GamesConvention - JustGamers.de Vid

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TerrorTrooper
x4

Post by TerrorTrooper » Tue, 23. Aug 05, 02:54

personally..

i didnt see any resemblence to FS2..

only thing that made me even remotely think of FS2 was the targeting arrows at side of screen...

it does look awesome though..

cant wait for release..

Lutzie
x2

Post by Lutzie » Tue, 23. Aug 05, 09:43

That's very good news Shivan[sps], but unless it FLIES like FS2 it's all for naught, no?
People, LEARN:

Lose: To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; for example: He's always losing his money.
Loose: Not fastened or restrained; for example: Loose papers

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Tue, 23. Aug 05, 11:16

Never seen or played Freespace2. However their is an old saying, 'Nothing is new under the sun'.

I'm sure ideas for the spaceships in X come from all over the place and reference sources - accidental and deliberate - that weave in and out of each other like a very, very knotty tapestry.

It always worries me when someone says something like: It looks like this or sounds like that. Everything looks a bit like something, sounds a bit like something, and often smells a bit like something even if we wished it didn't!

If we didn't reference good ideas wherever they come from we would always be at the beginning and progress would be just something you dreamed about while rubbing two damp twigs together.
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 23. Aug 05, 18:38

One thing I don't see people mentioned, was how fast the sector screen was brought up in the video clip. In X2 it takes a few seconds before I can bring it up to select the next target (in the mean time, I was being shot at without being able to dodge or return fire)

(Of course "being fast" is relative, but we can assume that the video is in real time, because Bernd's speech is real time).

[Posted to wrong thread moved to correct one]

LeeE
x3

Post by LeeE » Tue, 23. Aug 05, 18:41

VincentTH wrote:One thing I don't see people mentioned, was how fast the sector screen was brought up in the video clip. In X2 it takes a few seconds before I can bring it up to select the next target (in the mean time, I was being shot at without being able to dodge or return fire)
'e' selects the nearest enemy and you can use page up/down to cycle through them :)
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell!

shasla5
x3

Post by shasla5 » Tue, 23. Aug 05, 19:01

BurnIt! wrote:Cockpits -> Placeholder
Old Menus -> Placeholder

Those "weird flames" in front of the cockpit where a - let's face it - bug (missile impact). Already fixed, but not in time for that video obviously.
Thank GOD! I was about to go into a dismayed rant!
PC specs: Athlon 64 4000+, Geforce 7800 GT 256 MB, 2048 MB PC 3200 RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM, 500W, nForce 4 SLI dual PCI-E.

Shivan[SpS]

Post by Shivan[SpS] » Tue, 23. Aug 05, 22:42

TerrorTrooper wrote:personally..

i didnt see any resemblence to FS2..

only thing that made me even remotely think of FS2 was the targeting arrows at side of screen...

it does look awesome though..

cant wait for release..
Well the history are similar too...

I not played X-BTF... but who destroy the gate to the earth?

in FS history, the Jump Node to earth collapce by the explocion of the lucifer five reactors in the subspace battle of the final mission...

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 24. Aug 05, 08:14

The humans who later became the Argon destroyed the Earth jumpgate after luring the Terraformer fleet (who later became the Xenon) through it. Which isn't that similar, because it was a deliberate destructive act to prevent the Xenon getting back to Earth, not an unexpected side-effect of destroying a large capital ship in hyperspace.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Wed, 24. Aug 05, 09:14

Stupid argons could have scaned the co-ordinates before they destroyed the gate tho some would say. :lol:

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Wed, 24. Aug 05, 09:22

Skeeter wrote:Stupid argons could have scaned the co-ordinates before they destroyed the gate tho some would say. :lol:
And to taking all the fun away from jullian ??
Spoiler
Show
To get out of his space suit and scan the gate ??
:P

No the argon did well, or else jullian didn't hav anything to do.

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

Flector
x4

Post by Flector » Thu, 25. Aug 05, 22:30

Another thing about the sector screen that nobody seems to have picked up is one very peculiar ship name:
Paranid Argon Nova (!!)

Because the ship has a Paranid ship ID, I think the ship is a Argon Nova which is owned by and piloted by the Paranid! Looks very interesting...
X2: Advanced Magnate, Ace of Aces 1st grade ~ X3R: Master Economist, Crusader
X3TC: Magnate, X-TREME ~ X4F: Salesman, Harmless

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Thu, 25. Aug 05, 22:36

Flector wrote:Another thing about the sector screen that nobody seems to have picked up is one very peculiar ship name:
Paranid Argon Nova (!!)

Because the ship has a Paranid ship ID, I think the ship is a Argon Nova which is owned by and piloted by the Paranid! Looks very interesting...
Yeah, I caught that too, it's most likely a stand-in till they have the Paranid M3 finnished. ;)
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Flector
x4

Post by Flector » Thu, 25. Aug 05, 22:46

Galaxy613 wrote:Yeah, I caught that too, it's most likely a stand-in till they have the Paranid M3 finnished. ;)
Well I still think I maybe on to something here. All the shipnames now have two race identifiers! Instead of "Xenon N" in X2 now you see "Xenon Xenon N". The first race could denote the owner race while the second one describes the ship type.

Off course this is all (in my opinion well funded) speculation on my side.
X2: Advanced Magnate, Ace of Aces 1st grade ~ X3R: Master Economist, Crusader
X3TC: Magnate, X-TREME ~ X4F: Salesman, Harmless

VoodooPriester
x3tc

Post by VoodooPriester » Thu, 25. Aug 05, 23:10

Flector wrote:All the shipnames now have two race identifiers! Instead of "Xenon N" in X2 now you see "Xenon Xenon N". The first race could denote the owner race while the second one describes the ship type.
That's really an interesting observation. Perhaps we can finally have things like a "Pirate Argon Buster" or a "Goner Boron Manta" or a "Pizzaservice Teladi Vulture".

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Thu, 25. Aug 05, 23:46

VoodooPriester wrote:
Flector wrote:All the shipnames now have two race identifiers! Instead of "Xenon N" in X2 now you see "Xenon Xenon N". The first race could denote the owner race while the second one describes the ship type.
That's really an interesting observation. Perhaps we can finally have things like a "Pirate Argon Buster" or a "Goner Boron Manta" or a "Pizzaservice Teladi Vulture".
lol! What next? "Split Boron Barracuda"? :rofl:
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Captain Kremen
x3tc

Post by Captain Kremen » Fri, 26. Aug 05, 16:54

As Directed By esd obviously using his new moderator powers to the full :wink:

What spec was the machine that the demo was being displayed on?
Don't try to appeal to my good nature --- I haven't got one

Captain Kremen
x3tc

Post by Captain Kremen » Sun, 28. Aug 05, 21:11

Does nobody really Know :o :?:

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Mon, 29. Aug 05, 01:04

I'm not sure about GC but at E3 we ran on P4 EE 3.6 and AMD 4000+ with Nvidia 6800s and AMD X800s. At any sort of presentation, the top end of hardware tends to be used, normally by a sponsor or advertister (E3 = Alienware)
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Captain Kremen
x3tc

Post by Captain Kremen » Mon, 29. Aug 05, 08:45

Thanks Abyss

Fiesta

Post by Fiesta » Thu, 22. Sep 05, 14:45

Hi all! recently i have found very nice tool that converts power point presentation to any video format without any quality lossless. Its easy to manage, i advise you. You can download this tool from:http://www.geovid.com/Presentation_to_Video_Converter/

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”