Roenie’s Guide to Open and Closed Loops (warning: images)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dedodido
x2

Post by Dedodido » Sun, 23. Jan 05, 22:48

I'd seen this thread before, but just thought "that guy is insane, posting something like that" and went off again. But this evening, I suddenly realised "I don't have a clue about factories" and read it all.

I must say, I am very impressed with that, just one spelling mistake throughout the whole thing :P j/k!
In fact, I'm so impressed, I'd still be very impessed with it even if it was done by a proffessional guide writer. This is the quality of stuff people pay for.

Thankyou once again, this will help me no end! :)

ehaefele
x2

Post by ehaefele » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 06:55

Great Job definately adds some potential to my closed loops.
I will try selling sec. food and crystal to the AI. I have worries about being able to buy it all back but I'll start small.

Good (and bad) factory locations in my game
Spoiler
Show
Argon Prime - Drone, Quantum Tube, and Satalite factories always selling faster than I can produce.Worst I've ever seen is 16 in stock. 125MW shield not so good but it is for personal use anyway. Would probably help if I was buying out the equipment dock but it's not really worth the trouble for an extra 8000 every 8:20.

Depths of Silence - One Crystal fab usually has 60 or so in stock when I check.
GPPC not so good but again for personal use.

Lucky Planets - Power plant always good. The only place I've ever found myself close to "max profit" on a SP with no micro management. Surplus silicon selling well.

Ore Belt - Crystal fab usually about 50 in stock

Spring of Belief - Quantum and Wasp Missle selling faster than I can produce. Ore mine, can't remember the yield but it makes 5 every 1:10. Had to set it about 150 selling price but it stays empty now. Plus yet another Crystal fab. Adv.Satellite my first bust factory. Selling about 100 under average and still usually full stock.
I got leary after this fiasco which is why I have so many Crystal fabs selling, at least I know they will sell. Unfortunately the only solution I know for a crap factory is my Ody or 250,000 in hornets.

The_T
x3

Post by The_T » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 08:04

thanks again ronnie, the pics are awesome, i used the drone fac one to set up my first loop (first half in herron's, second half is going in ringo, except with a tube fab)

ehaefele
x2

Post by ehaefele » Wed, 2. Feb 05, 06:11

Roenie

A couple of questions. I am trying to open up some of my closed loops and see a couple of problems coming down the road.

If a power plant is now buying crystals for average price and has to supply nine plants while "selling" to only one how much does it have to charge the BPH buyer from the Crystal Fab so it doesn't run out of money? Or should I set the sell price and the SDS deliver price to the same level. This would be difficult if the primary food remains closed.

If your SP "sell" price is greater than or equal to AI power plants in the sector what's to keep the BPH buyers from buying AI product? Again your SP will run out of money.

Sorry if this was explained but I can't seem to find it. If I'm just clueless about why this isn't an issue feel free to launch a volley of hornets my way. Of course, I'll just out run them but the message will be clear.

ehaefele
x2

Post by ehaefele » Wed, 2. Feb 05, 06:28

Oops I found it. Use SMS to transfer between factories. Guess I'm off to read the SMS FAQ.

Thanks for the great post.

Roenie
x3tc

Post by Roenie » Sat, 12. Feb 05, 21:43

*sends a volley of dragonflies ehaefele's way*

Thanks for the kind responses. It's nice to know my guide was a good help.
I claim this planet in the name of Ed, bringer of bacon.
Roenie's Guide to Open and Closed Loops (X2)

nevz73
x2

Post by nevz73 » Sun, 9. Oct 05, 14:02

Wow... :o

What an awesome guide even after all this time still extremely helpful.
Thanks

DecayerOfSouls

Post by DecayerOfSouls » Sun, 20. Sep 09, 11:23

Noob here, I have the stations already set up to make an open loop to produce energy cells. What I need help with is how to get it functioning.

What software do I need for my freighters?
What commands should I use to make it work effectively?
lastly, what the heck do SDS, BPH stand for?

There are so many unexplained abbreviations on these forums I can't make heads or tales from half of what I read lol.

Doc Quixotic

Post by Doc Quixotic » Sun, 20. Sep 09, 11:52

Could you please specify which of the X games you're playing? This thread is about X2 complexes, not about X3R or X3TC. There are a few differences between the older and the newer games with regards to complexes.
Non est ad astra mollis e terris via

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 20. Sep 09, 18:19

Please don't resurrect ancient threads.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”