The next game: X2 - The Return (with Interview!)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Noahthez
x3

Post by Noahthez » Fri, 4. Feb 05, 04:26

Does anyone know of a place were I could preorder the U.S. version?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 10. Feb 05, 04:25

My local store is now saying June sometime. I guess thats consistent with a worth-waiting-for game. After all, thats less than the usual overrun on all the good games to date ! :)

fenix67
x4

Post by fenix67 » Thu, 10. Feb 05, 23:57

Just for curiosity, how long until the online universe is going to be active. :?
Keep on Gaming in the X universe

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Fri, 11. Feb 05, 00:36

From now unti Egosfto say so :p

No date has been set yet, and development is not exactly being prioritised in ths area at the moment.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

lukethegordie
x3

Post by lukethegordie » Sat, 12. Feb 05, 11:40

silentWitness wrote: I'd say theres a 2/1 chance of a modified save turning your computer into silicon wafers... as the return will most likely conflict with unsigned scr... Plug-ins...
I take it that all the signed Scripts will be added into the return then?

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Sat, 12. Feb 05, 12:49

lukethegordie wrote:
silentWitness wrote: I'd say theres a 2/1 chance of a modified save turning your computer into silicon wafers... as the return will most likely conflict with unsigned scr... Plug-ins...
I take it that all the signed Scripts will be added into the return then?
You cannt take that as 10-0% no, as if they do carry through, they will have been modified in some way anyway.

lincs_geezer
x2

Post by lincs_geezer » Wed, 16. Feb 05, 17:31

The big question is, will The Return solve the issue of X2 losing its playability because it gets to easy? I know I wont buy it if it dosent.

Having to create your own challenges is a poor excuse for a flaw in the game.

Sorry for harsh words buts it how I felt after playing X2.

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Wed, 16. Feb 05, 17:49

lincs_geezer wrote:The big question is, will The Return solve the issue of X2 losing its playability because it gets to easy? I know I wont buy it if it dosent.
Pity... Sorry you won't be buying it then...

I'd say you've got about four years to wait for X3 which will be another dissapointment to you... The thing is... once you have 500 destroyers the game IS easy!!!

foxtrot7
x3

Post by foxtrot7 » Fri, 18. Feb 05, 19:17

The big question is, will The Return solve the issue of X2 losing its playability because it gets to easy? I know I wont buy it if it dosent.

Having to create your own challenges is a poor excuse for a flaw in the game
Who are you kidding you're gonna buy the game anyway even if It's easy *waves hand like Obewan Kanobi* "You have to have this game"

temmage
x2

Post by temmage » Mon, 21. Feb 05, 13:11

lincs_geezer wrote:The big question is, will The Return solve the issue of X2 losing its playability because it gets to easy? I know I wont buy it if it dosent.

Having to create your own challenges is a poor excuse for a flaw in the game.

Sorry for harsh words buts it how I felt after playing X2.
X2 is a *sandbox* game and, thus, the challenges we face are the challenges we create. Furthermore, the game doesn't get easier as the player progress; its only that the challenges change as the player progresses from lone wolf to wealthy mongul to universal conquestor. :D In short, use your imagination.

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Sun, 27. Feb 05, 13:55

The point i think he's making is that once you get past the inital 'rubbish ship', 'low ranking', 'can't do or buy anything' stages then the game ceases to be challengeing unless you purposefully handicap yourself. You progressively get tougher and tougher but the opposition doesn't. Thus the longer you play the easier it get's. That's the exact opposite of the usual difficulty change for a game and does mean that later on boredom becomes a serious possibility.

Derbydave
x3

Post by Derbydave » Wed, 30. Mar 05, 10:06

Is it at all possible we can have a CERTAIN release date for :"The Return" :evil:

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Wed, 30. Mar 05, 10:11

Derbydave wrote:Is it at all possible we can have a CERTAIN release date for :"The Return" :evil:

Yes, you can.

Never.

EDIT, incase you missed it - look here

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”