a guide to capping xenon K

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rate my guide

exelent ive treid of your sugestions and they work
8%
good confirms what i already knew
5%
looks ok but i havent reached AoA 1st yet so i cant ry it
72%
poorly written good content
5%
just plain crap
6%
someone already wrote a guide for capping Ks you moron
3%

Total votes: 154

Logaan
x4

Post by Logaan » Sun, 25. Jul 04, 19:43

No, you can only Cap Xenon Ks from the BBS Missions when you reach the rank of Ace of Aces 1st Grade, this applies to 1.3 and 1.4

Tasis

Post by Tasis » Sun, 25. Jul 04, 19:46

ok thanks
TKLA Commodore
The following is a link to TKLA's recruiting page:
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73776

xenon_pimp

Post by xenon_pimp » Mon, 26. Jul 04, 14:07

I bought a Ray to do Kapturing, and I was wondering why not do this instead to get the hull down: equip with dragonfly and mosquito missiles, get in close with all Ion-D's, bring the shields down to 0, and while they are down and you are still firing those ions, shoot 1 dragonfly missile at it. I calculate that will bring a xenon K down to about 86% in 1 shot. Almost perfect, no muss, no fuss. If it happened to regenerate just a bit of shield in time to not quite get damaged enough, switch to mosquito missiles and repeat until its fine tuned down to 87% or less.

The Ray's speed definitely makes this a better choice for me than bumbling about with the Titan. I've Kaptured with an Iguana and with an Osprey previously.

RJV
x3tc

Post by RJV » Mon, 26. Jul 04, 14:31

xenon_pimp wrote:I bought a Ray to do Kapturing, and I was wondering why not do this instead to get the hull down: equip with dragonfly and mosquito missiles, get in close with all Ion-D's, bring the shields down to 0, and while they are down and you are still firing those ions, shoot 1 dragonfly missile at it. I calculate that will bring a xenon K down to about 86% in 1 shot. Almost perfect, no muss, no fuss. If it happened to regenerate just a bit of shield in time to not quite get damaged enough, switch to mosquito missiles and repeat until its fine tuned down to 87% or less.

The Ray's speed definitely makes this a better choice for me than bumbling about with the Titan. I've Kaptured with an Iguana and with an Osprey previously.
Hi,

Just watch they don't shoot the missile down before it hits....

Cheers,

Rob.

xenon_pimp

Post by xenon_pimp » Mon, 26. Jul 04, 22:28

Does the missile have a good chance to get through? If it works at least one in 5 tries should be more than worthwhile to try it this way.

Ravenlord
x2

Post by Ravenlord » Tue, 27. Jul 04, 00:22

why use a missile when you can shoot it with normal weapons for free.
also i suspecta bit of MD ammo would be cheaper and easyer.
manganate
Ace of aces 1st grade

Author of the 2rd most poular capping guide on the forum, with almost 9500 veiws and counting
check it out here
My guide to capping Ks

Darshu
x3

Post by Darshu » Tue, 27. Jul 04, 00:24

xenon_pimp wrote:I bought a Ray to do Kapturing, and I was wondering why not do this instead to get the hull down: equip with dragonfly and mosquito missiles, get in close with all Ion-D's, bring the shields down to 0, and while they are down and you are still firing those ions, shoot 1 dragonfly missile at it.
Of course, all that IonD fire will pretty much vaporize any missile fired, by anybody... :shock:

johnstrt
x3

Post by johnstrt » Tue, 27. Jul 04, 01:30

Darshu wrote:
xenon_pimp wrote:I bought a Ray to do Kapturing, and I was wondering why not do this instead to get the hull down: equip with dragonfly and mosquito missiles, get in close with all Ion-D's, bring the shields down to 0, and while they are down and you are still firing those ions, shoot 1 dragonfly missile at it.
Of course, all that IonD fire will pretty much vaporize any missile fired, by anybody... :shock:
That's right, unless you turn off your turrets :D Your missiles don't work, their missiles don't work. It's not hard with guns anyway, just as long as you don't stick too many on.

kinein
x2

Post by kinein » Tue, 27. Jul 04, 01:50

Noticed you can capture J's now and that you don't need to pick up a mission or be AoA 1st grade anymore.

http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56833

what else has changed?
X-Treme ^_^

Sir Crashalot
x4

Post by Sir Crashalot » Tue, 27. Jul 04, 01:52

kinein wrote:Noticed you can capture J's now and that you don't need to pick up a mission or be AoA 1st grade anymore.

what else has changed?
Where did you hear all this ? :?
If you can`t dazzle them with dynamics, then baffle them with bullsh*t :D

xenon_pimp

Post by xenon_pimp » Tue, 27. Jul 04, 07:48

ravenlord wrote:why use a missile when you can shoot it with normal weapons for free.
Just happened to notice a single missile would do almost exactly the amount of damage desired.

MD isn't an option on a Ray. A Titan is too slow for my taste, too much bumbling about, harder to control when and where to engage. Might just use GPACs or 1 GPPC. And cost?! LOL you're gonna get 50,000,000 a ship, I didn't even consider the cost of a missile as relevent. 1% on the hull means over 600K if you're selling, over 1 million if you're repairing. But I think I'll go with a PPC and just roll out of the way. Or wait, maybe I should get an M3 that can mount mass drivers and use that to tune the hull first, then just dock with my Ray? What would be a good M3 to use?

johnstrt
x3

Post by johnstrt » Tue, 27. Jul 04, 11:42

kinein wrote:Noticed you can capture J's now and that you don't need to pick up a mission or be AoA 1st grade anymore.

what else has changed?
No, you can't. You misread the first post in the thread, as did some others. All he was talking about was the number of Xenon ships he encountered when visiting one of their sectors.

Ravenlord
x2

Post by Ravenlord » Tue, 27. Jul 04, 21:00

xenon_pimp wrote:
ravenlord wrote:why use a missile when you can shoot it with normal weapons for free.
Just happened to notice a single missile would do almost exactly the amount of damage desired.

MD isn't an option on a Ray. A Titan is too slow for my taste, too much bumbling about, harder to control when and where to engage. Might just use GPACs or 1 GPPC. And cost?! LOL you're gonna get 50,000,000 a ship, I didn't even consider the cost of a missile as relevent. 1% on the hull means over 600K if you're selling, over 1 million if you're repairing. But I think I'll go with a PPC and just roll out of the way. Or wait, maybe I should get an M3 that can mount mass drivers and use that to tune the hull first, then just dock with my Ray? What would be a good M3 to use?
if you want to attack a K with a MD equiped M3 id recomend a mamba. i know it haslousy sheilding but when fighting a destroyer the extra 50mw on a nova wont make much differance if you get into a tight spot. atleast in a mamba you can outrun the K also the better manouverability will help. but i have to tell you an M3 isnt the best tool for the job it would probobly be best if you put 1 ppc on your ray.
Last edited by Ravenlord on Wed, 28. Jul 04, 08:14, edited 1 time in total.
manganate
Ace of aces 1st grade

Author of the 2rd most poular capping guide on the forum, with almost 9500 veiws and counting
check it out here
My guide to capping Ks

Flector
x4

Post by Flector » Tue, 27. Jul 04, 23:59

I use 1 BPPC on my Ray and it works like a charm.
X2: Advanced Magnate, Ace of Aces 1st grade ~ X3R: Master Economist, Crusader
X3TC: Magnate, X-TREME ~ X4F: Salesman, Harmless

Ravenlord
x2

Post by Ravenlord » Fri, 17. Dec 04, 18:45

WARNING

this is a warning for all those using the aegis gunnery script i have just made an attempt at K capping usig the ray method and found the K changed its rear guns to Ghepts these are significantly more damadging than its standard Appcs and meant following the target for long perids of time was out of the question unless you want to get wasted like i just did. also i expect that since the Ks are carying more weapons than normal (more than just one set) striping a K of its armaments with ions will take significantly longer and will be more hazadous.

further testing is underway and i plan to update the guide in the next few days but for now be aware the titan and ray methods will be dangerous. the odyseus method should be fine.i have not yet tested the affects on the baracuda iguana and nemesis methods
manganate
Ace of aces 1st grade

check it out here
My guide to capping Ks

biggles
x3

Post by biggles » Thu, 6. Jan 05, 13:56

There is a way of getting a Xenon K whatever your rating, you can use the script editor to spawn one for you, I tried this with a Disco but id overwritten the code so that i could fit it with an Ion D it was very satisfying! does anyone know how much you can sel one for?? 8)

Ravenlord
x2

Post by Ravenlord » Thu, 6. Jan 05, 21:17

this guide is intended for those who cant or dont want to script the ships into the game as intantly having the rewards that scripting bring can and almost invariably will ruin the longevity of the game. captturing a K or a fleet of Ks is seen by many as a long term goal and a major reason for putting in the effort to increase your combay rank.

but since you ask a intact yet unequiped k sells for about 110 million if memory serves
manganate
Ace of aces 1st grade

check it out here
My guide to capping Ks

fuzzywuzzy
x3tc

Post by fuzzywuzzy » Thu, 6. Jan 05, 22:08

No, they sell for about 50 million.

Ravenlord
x2

Post by Ravenlord » Thu, 6. Jan 05, 22:33

sory 4 some reason i was thinkin of the price listed in the xenon shipyard doh!
manganate
Ace of aces 1st grade

check it out here
My guide to capping Ks

Pirate Hunter
x2

Post by Pirate Hunter » Wed, 19. Jan 05, 17:41

I voted looks ok but im not A of A 1st grade so I cant try it.

I am adding it to the ultimate guide, see link in Sig.
[ external image ][/url]
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73689 The New and Improved Ultimate Guide to Everything

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”