X3TC Starburst Shockwave Cannon

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Baggins46

X3TC Starburst Shockwave Cannon

Post by Baggins46 » Fri, 10. Mar 23, 09:40

Playing TC for about the 4th time! In previous games there have bee SSC Forges in Mars and Jupiter and other stations usually hold a few. In this current game there are no SSC forges any where and I have only found two in other stations. Has anybody else come across this situation? and/or is there a solution?

ItWasntMe
x3ap

Re: X3TC Starburst Shockwave Cannon

Post by ItWasntMe » Fri, 10. Mar 23, 16:56

I've been able to find a SSC forge in the Mars sector but I haven't been able to find any in the Jupiter sectors. It's also possible that there are more and that I have missed them because the Terran sectors are huge. I looked at my other sectors and I haven't found any there but I'm not sure how well I mapped those sectors. I am also using the Terran Defender start but I have no idea if that would make a difference.

So I'd wonder is possible to build your own? Also do other stations have supplies of SSCs? If they do that might imply that the SSC forges exist somewhere because those stations would have to be stocked somehow. Maybe one idea might be to fly around watching where the freighters are going and maybe drop a few advanced nav sats to help things. Other than that I don't know what to suggest.
Split say: ***Arrrg!!!***

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 10. Mar 23, 18:18

I did load my X3TC save (over 9 years old, yay!) and saw no SSC Forges on the map.
Aldrin has prototype SSC producer, but that is a different thing.

Terran Shipyard in "Terran Unknown Sector 1" that is next to Aldrin 2 does sell SSC construction kits, so building a Forge should be possible.

Overall, I do recall discussions about how fragile the Terran economy in X3TC is.
The Global Decision Engine (GoD) was very eager to remove factories; long distances
in Terran space make the business look very slow and GoD is made to reap the unnecessary.
The GoD does respawn factories too, but if it does not see a huge need, it won't.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Fri, 10. Mar 23, 20:18

The Terran economy in TC is broken, and requires the player to intervene to keep everything stable. One effect of this broken economy is that the game will delete stations that are not producing due to lack of resources. There's actually a thread in this very forum that details exactly what you need to do to save the Terran economy, but it requires you to have access to Terran stations, which I don't think you get until you've completed the Aldrin plot.

As25
x4

Post by As25 » Fri, 10. Mar 23, 21:33

Just clone the weapons. I'ts not like you're getting them from free, you're paying for every unit (plus the ships used to clone). If you still don't like it, I should point out that weapon forges in X3 were basically useless because you only produced like 0.25 units per hour. "Equipment" docks were capable of having only like 2-4 units in them (when just one ship needs 8-24), and they would slowly despawn to act as a sink. Your typical destroyer needed around 24 PPC/PSP and 12 FAA/SSC.

Let's see their forges.

A PPC Factory produces 1 unit every 4 hours and 48 minutes.
A PSP Factory produces 1 unit every 5 hours and 9 minutes.
A FAA Factory produces 1 unit every 3 hours and 30 minutes.
A SSC Factory produces 1 unit every 3 hours and 30 minutes.

There are 2 PSP and SSC factories in Terran space (if they didn't dispawn). That means that just to fit ONE Osaka with 8 SSC in their back, up, and bottom turrets, the Terrans would need to wait 42 real time hours lol. If npc ships and their equipment didn't spawn out of the blue, X3 would never have any ships around, specially capitals.

ItWasntMe
x3ap

Post by ItWasntMe » Sat, 11. Mar 23, 02:12

Fulgrymm wrote:
Fri, 10. Mar 23, 20:18
The Terran economy in TC is broken, and requires the player to intervene to keep everything stable. One effect of this broken economy is that the game will delete stations that are not producing due to lack of resources. There's actually a thread in this very forum that details exactly what you need to do to save the Terran economy, but it requires you to have access to Terran stations, which I don't think you get until you've completed the Aldrin plot.
So it will slowly delete stations unless you intervene? I have not yet got as far as X3:AP so that will not save the Terran ecconomy for my game at least. I was hoping to build a mini empire in Terran space but now I'm wondering if this is possible which would be a shame because the Terran sectors look good. :-(

Edit: It's possible I may have miss understood. It's late and I'm kinda tired so I will reread this tomorrow.
Split say: ***Arrrg!!!***

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Sat, 11. Mar 23, 04:08

ItWasntMe wrote:
Sat, 11. Mar 23, 02:12
Fulgrymm wrote:
Fri, 10. Mar 23, 20:18
So it will slowly delete stations unless you intervene? I have not yet got as far as X3:AP so that will not save the Terran ecconomy for my game at least. I was hoping to build a mini empire in Terran space but now I'm wondering if this is possible which would be a shame because the Terran sectors look good. :-(
This is correct. However, you can prevent the deletion of existing stations by parking a ship in it. Buy a bunch of cheapo Rapiers and park them at the stations you want to save.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 11. Mar 23, 10:54

Fulgrymm wrote:
Sat, 11. Mar 23, 04:08
ItWasntMe wrote:
Sat, 11. Mar 23, 02:12
This is correct. However, you can prevent the deletion of existing stations by parking a ship in it. Buy a bunch of cheapo Rapiers and park them at the stations you want to save.
Which won't help with the factories that are already gone.

One can still build own empire by building own stations. The Shipyards will not disappear.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 11. Mar 23, 15:11

Perhaps this thread might give some hope, or not.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”