Is game registration required? (GOG.com)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ItWasntMe
x3ap

Is game registration required? (GOG.com)

Post by ItWasntMe » Tue, 21. Feb 23, 17:21

Hello,

I just wondered what the rules are on game registration as in do need to register my game or is this a thing of the past? I am aware that it is needed for the copy protection removal on steam games which is understandable but other than that do I actually need to register my game? I ask because I tried to register it but because I bought my more recent games (X3:TC, X3:AP, and X3:FL) on a site called GOG.com there does not appear to be anyway to access a code.

I was not sure where to put this so if this is the wrong spot please let me know. :-)

Thanks.
Split say: ***Arrrg!!!***

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Is game registration required? (GOG.com)

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 21. Feb 23, 18:43

See if this X Rebirth FAQ gives you the hints you might need. Obviously choose the appropriate X game throughout.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ItWasntMe
x3ap

Post by ItWasntMe » Tue, 21. Feb 23, 18:54

I found it. :-) Thanks for that. It was kind of bugging me a little just having the X3 Reunion badge there.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 21. Feb 23, 20:28

There might be a few remaining downloads from the egosoft.com downloads section, which still require a registered game or specific game bundle to be accessible.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

ItWasntMe
x3ap

Post by ItWasntMe » Tue, 21. Feb 23, 21:13

Yeah I seem to recall most of the downloads needing you to register your game but that was a long time ago. Things have changed a bit since then. I remebered it being required to have your game registered but I couldn't remember why. Thinking about it the biggest concern there would probably be stuff with copy protection removal.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 21. Feb 23, 21:24

Once, you used to have to register to be able to post and get support in Tech Sp. That was many X games ago though.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”